Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the swapped blue 325i that just sold...I think $10k was a fair price. M/S50 swap is the most common swap there is. Those high production engines as good as they are, will only go down in value over time as the newer swaps come into play. I've found that one could buy a swapped car for often less than what they would pay a shop just to do the swap. Swapped E30 M3's still tend to bring in good money though. I'm guessing because those buyers are willing to spend the money.

Yes big name shops like Castro, JMP, etc. help when selling because those are trusted shops who have done many. A backyard swap may not be as clean or as well done. Splices might be done improperly, etc. There's a risk factor involved.
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 06-20-2017, 12:26 PM.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Bronzit was won by one of our own firemanory was on the hunt since his car was smashed.

Looks like it will have a good home.... and on to the next one. A nice schwarz 325
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
        bronzit was won by one of our own firemanory was on the hunt since his car was smashed.

Looks like it will have a good home.... And on to the next one. A nice schwarz 325
        next!

Comment

So much bronzit hate..

That color of the seats though, it would irritate the sh*t out of me! I'm not sure what they were going for with that but it just looks so weird and out of place. I can understand a slight color shift, but that looks like they had Ray Charles match the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            So much bronzit hate..

;)
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thought I was some factually incorrect posts in the Bronzit 325is discussion, but maybe I've got it wrong.

1. Comment referred to "is Recaros". E30 sport seats were NOT made by Recaro, correct?

2. Another comment referred to the 325is and M3 sharing different/specific sport seats only avaialble in those models. Is that correct?

When I see blatantly incorrect comments on BAT, I try to point it out as a courtesy to noobs who may be trying to learn from the comments, but wasn't confident enough in my knowldege to post about these.

Cory
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

Run away from any seller claiming E30 sport seats are recaros
                E30 M3 seats and rear have horizontal sticking and no piping on the bolsters and headrests. Zero difference in IS sport seats from others
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                  E30 M3 seats and rear have horizontal sticking and no piping on the bolsters and headrests.
                  This statement also applies to cabrios. The levers and rail action may be slightly different but the front skins are identical. I believe the rear seats are slightly different between the M3 and Cabrio but not 100% on this point
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                    This statement also applies to cabrios. The levers and rail action may be slightly different but the front skins are identical. I believe the rear seats are slightly different between the M3 and Cabrio but not 100% on this point
                    'vert seats are narrower.
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      ;)
                      So much hate.

For further proof check out my members ride thread which had absolutely no comments.

90 Bronzit 325is
                      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
                        So much hate.

For further proof check out my members ride thread which had absolutely no comments.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407114
                        lol my first car was bronzit and I thought it was a classy color. I think it was more popular in the 80's though because of that. Many cars came in that type of champagne color. The gold isn't exactly sporty but I always considered it more silver than gold.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                          1. Comment referred to "is Recaros". E30 sport seats were NOT made by Recaro, correct?
                          correct - though Recaro did make sport seats that looked almost exactly like regular sport seats. I don't know how many were made, but it was early on in the production run and I think mostly in Europe. The difference is the seat controls - and I have only seen them in Alpina's.
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            'vert seats are narrower.
                            You men the back seat ?
                            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                            Alice the Time Capsule
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                              You men the back seat ?
                              yes, meant just the back seat- sorry.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Not an E30, but this just popped up 5 minutes from my parents place (1 hour from where I currently live). Going to see if I can stop in this weekend to have a look at it in person.

Alliston is a potato town and in the middle of no where. Everyone rolls coal and chews Skoal. So to see this out that way is really weird/awesome/rare.

Bid for the chance to own a 1975 BMW 2002 Turbo at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,848.
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X