Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They probably don't even pronounce the correct way, jew-bo. Heathens!
    AWD > RWD

Comment

And we have an IX added yesterday too. Trifecta
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I just don't understand why people import wagons that aren't high spec trims. No AC, no ABS, no power windows, and a M40 to boot. I want a wagon bad, but I guess I will have to go get one myself.

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW 318 Touring 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,142.

Comment

Most of the E30s out there were low spec, and half of the options you listed are stuff only fat lazy Americans need
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Most of the E30s out there were low spec, and half of the options you listed are stuff only fat lazy Americans need
            Yeah, why doesn't the E30 come with a gravy dispenser optional?
            Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

I need cup holders every where for my super jumbo Jittering Jug of Diet soda.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
                I just don't understand why people import wagons that aren't high spec trims. No AC, no ABS, no power windows, and a M40 to boot. I want a wagon bad, but I guess I will have to go get one myself.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-318i-touring/
                Most of the highest optioned cars are parts cars today; the Design Edition and Final Edition special models didn't come heavily optioned at all.

My girl's car has an M40B16, manual windows and no air conditioning, but it's also one of the nicest E30s I've ever seen with a stunning exterior and interior. I love the options on it, and should she decide to swap the motor in it someday it'll be a worthy recipient given the near perfect totally rust free body.

Comment

I'm willing to retrofit most of whatever I need, but some things like AC and ABS are too much of a PITA for this fat-ass American.

Comment

i'm with you there jt. i love fully optioned cars. if you are going to bring one over, i would suggest doing so sooner than later. they are getting more expensive by the day.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      i'm with you there jt. i love fully optioned cars. if you are going to bring one over, i would suggest doing so sooner than later. they are getting more expensive by the day.
                      What are some of these options? I've actually never looked into that kind of stuff

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

There was a guy who wanted to trade me a RHD fully loaded 325i Touring, I was super interested until I saw all the rust...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I wonder what it's like driving a RHD car in the states.. Yeah, in the twisties, you won't notice, but driving around town..
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Musij View Post
                            What are some of these options? I've actually never looked into that kind of stuff

other than m42 cars, most m20 vehicles got pretty much everything for the us market.

obviously, no one wants an auto.

but in euroland, cars generally came with manual windows, no air conditioning, no antilock brakes. often no power steering....

here the good ones are leather sport seats, cruise control, power sunroof, 13 button obc. i personally don't care much for any factory steering wheel from that era, but mtech one is the popular stock choice.

limited slip differential is a big one.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              other than m42 cars, most m20 vehicles got pretty much everything for the us market.

obviously, no one wants an auto.

but in euroland, cars generally came with manual windows, no air conditioning, no antilock brakes. often no power steering....

here the good ones are leather sport seats, cruise control, power sunroof, 13 button obc. i personally don't care much for any factory steering wheel from that era, but mtech one is the popular stock choice.

limited slip differential is a big one.
                              I got a 91 318is American model. I got power windows, AC, 13 BTN obc, and power steering but I have a manual sunroof and I believe a regular 4.1 diff

Comment

Everyone goes crazy for the MT2, but I prefer the MT1 simply because there's a horn button wherever your hand(s) are. There's no second guessing where it is, because it's always where you need it.

To me, that's what makes the MT1 the superior choice...oh and it looks more blockish to match the e30's lines too.
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X