Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13k...incredible! Why did this early model IS go for so much?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
      13k...incredible! Why did this early model IS go for so much?
      Super clean car and the fact that a known person previously owned it.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^Kinda what I figured, but wasn't sure if I was missing anything

Comment

the 87 IS is also a unique car to America, as Europe never got diving boards (which suck), and as a result this car having the cowcatcher is a one year only item.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            the 87 IS is also a unique car to America, as Europe never got diving boards (which suck), and as a result this car having the cowcatcher is a one year only item.
            2yr for the cow catcher. 86eS came with them sans oil cooler holes.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              2yr for the cow catcher. 86eS came with them sans oil cooler holes.
              Yes, we're getting technical here but they are both essentially one year only because they arent the same part. Also, an ES will never go for anything near what the IS sold for..
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

From the seller on yahoo e30ic list

My 1987 325i convertible, royal blue metallic with tan leather interior and tan top, is going on auction on BringaTrailer on Monday, August 14, auction concluding on the 21st. A California car, I am the second owner, having owned it for 24 years. 15 inch gold basket weave BBS wheels with brand new Yokohama 205/55 S-Drive tires. Just had AC converted to R134. Belts, tensioner and water pump replaced in last 300 miles, along with drive shaft seal and transmission seal. Brake fluid flush and oil change. 43,900 miles. Clean Carfax. No accidents, original paint. Garaged. Radio is intermittent. Original owner upgraded speakers. I put in Dinan chip and exhaust. 5 speed manual. Front seats covered in sheepskin since new. Took them off for the first time two weeks ago and seats are like new. Engine, transmission, suspension and underbody still have much of original factory cosmoline. Car will be at Nicklaus Club Monterey at BringaTrailer display at Legends of the Autobahn on Friday the 18th. Original owner had gold pinstripes hand painted. Auction price, as always, is anyone's guess.

Lane N
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Yes, we're getting technical here but they are both essentially one year only because they arent the same part. Also, an ES will never go for anything near what the IS sold for..

I know it's splitting hairs, but I have owned an eS or 4 lol.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                    I know it's splitting hairs, but I have owned an eS or 4 lol.
                    I have too, and it was missing the cowcatcher, but I found on from an IS for it! haha

I like the ES one better if I can be honest, but its a functional item. I love em
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

can't believe that early model red 325is went for 13k. Looking at the rust repair that was done on that car its only a matter of time before more pops up. Those rockers were rusting from the inside out. I thought it was more of an 8k car...

Comment

I value my 87 ES very much ,I spent 1-1/2 years looking for a replacement car and finally found one 600 miles away and had it shipped to me .Would also say my car was/is in better original condition ,including paint with no touch ups ,it has Cardinal interior and has a number of original dealership installed options ordered by the original owner including body kit.100,000 original miles completely stock ,original California car.Just because it is an automatic ETA which is what I wanted ,makes it no less to me ,it is a super commuter car which operates like new...too hard to find one with all of these items factored in and un tampered with.

Comment

ES is a great low cost foundation for a great stroker or swap. Lots of cool color and interior options not available in later cars. It won't be as collectible, but you'll be happy.
                          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

The 318i Convertible is struggling at $2,250

Bid for the chance to own a 1992 BMW 318i Convertible at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,440.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                              The 318i Convertible is struggling at $2,250

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-bmw-318/
                              Yea that V8 is stealing all of its thunder... Its a great car
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

With a little TLC, that vert would be awesome!
                                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                                Q
                                :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Working...
                                X