Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The seller has asked BaT to take the car off auction, for the time being.

I have asked BAT to pull the car off the site, hopefully temporarily. Until I am confident that the car will pose no problems to the future buyer.

Thanks for all the information on this car and bringing up the VIN. Hopefully this car will be back up soon with a couple less question marks.

Thanks
    JH_
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Sheesh

Lets bring back Sonnyq for input!

Man that auction went south so quickly.

Comment

The seller is probably having a WTF kind of day.
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          I was surprised the eBay auction was allowed to go on when the VIN was a clear marker of an illegal car.
          I flagged the ad back when for this on eBay with all the documentation someone had dug up on the forum. They gave no shits.

Comment

I know a large amount of the true history of the touring this car was created from, as well as the previous owner who sourced the S50B30 and swapped it in:

This link was already posted in the listing for the car. It's incredible that the current owner isn't aware of the car's history, though to be fair most people wouldn't think to check if the V.I.N. markings on a car they're buying all match.
            Last edited by Shock(/\)ave; 10-10-2017, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
              I flagged the ad back when for this on eBay with all the documentation someone had dug up on the forum. They gave no shits.
              Pretty sure you weren't the only one.

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
              I know a large amount of the true history of the touring this car was created from, as well as the previous owner who sourced the S50B30 and swapped it in:

It's incredible that the current owner isn't aware of the car's history.
              It's incredible the things I have seen on the thousands of clients here locally with e30's in 10yr. Luckily we have no proof of the shenanigans posted publicly. I was shamed to no end for asking a legitimate question to a someone in NJ about a build...
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

After Alex Shickopv it went to Cold Accord in Buffalo correct then Vlad.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  From the sound of it, he was selling it for his Father and didn't realize the history of the car. I wouldn't fault the seller at all, he's doing the right thing by asking BAT to pull it.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    From the sound of it, he was selling it for his Father and didn't realize the history of the car. I wouldn't fault the seller at all, he's doing the right thing by asking BAT to pull it.

The BaT ad mentioned the seller's son was selling it as part of his "father's estate". So I assumed his father passed away and they were liquidating his assets - the seller may not even know much about the car other than the documentation he received. I'm inclined to give him a break especially since it seems he's trying to do the right thing.

This E30 is offered with a clean Illinois title in the name of the father’s estate.
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                    So yeah, he's probably having a pretty shitty time in general if his dad just died.
                    Last edited by IronJoe; 10-11-2017, 08:28 AM.
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Honestly though, the VIN is fairly easily remedied as long as it's not listed as stolen or dismantled on the touring VIN. Around here, you could have someone put a lein on the original VIN, then remove the incorrect VIN from the replacement dashboard, have a replacement VIN tag stamped/engraved for the front radiator core support, then go have it inspected and then you'll have the correct title for the car. It's a whole lot of paperwork, but a minor inconvenience to get at least one thing right on the car.

Eventually, someone will sort this thing out and have decently fun car. It does still have the Euro motor, and metal fenders, so just a little love and time to get it presentable.

Plus, it'll still be internet famous, and as the old saying goes, even bad publicity is good publicity.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I'm always skeptical about sellers claiming ignorance. They didn't know this, they had no idea about that, etc. but I'm sure there are some people with money who just buy what they want without due diligence. People who like shiny things often miss what's underneath. Now if the seller is merely the son of the father who bought the car, then we can't really come down on him and he does seem to want full disclosure which is the right thing to do. Back in the day, these types of cars bounced around between multiple owners and the history got lost. With the internet and car forums we have today, that just can't happen anymore.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

This

+1

Someone selling a car on behalf of someone else is always a huge red flag as it reduces the liability. Sadly enough, when buying a car, you cant take things at face value.

Seller took various pictures and did his diligence.

The car is simply branded from the toxic reputation of a builder who was thrown out of the e30 community. We'll see how well this sells.

Comment

and now its withdrawn
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well, I didnt even get to see the open listing before it was withdrawn.

Vlad >.> I can only wonder what that guy is up to nowadays.
                              Current:
                              1989 325i
                              1988 M3
                              1987 325ic
                              Past:
                              2001 330ci
                              2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                                Vlad >.> I can only wonder what that guy is up to nowadays.
                                He posts up his projects on Instagram. Last I checked he was posting some mercedes stuff he built.

I didn't ask him for help on my M3 cabrio build
                                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Working...
                                X