X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Never meet your heroes
    You don't know how true that phrase is...

(completely off topic) when I was young, I wanted nothing more than to be a radio DJ. I thought the world of everyone I heard on air.. Eventually, I did end up working in Radio for one of the major conglomerates in town, and just got to see how sad, scummy and depressing the world is. Not only that - the "stars" that would come through the stations or I interviewed were equally as insecure, or slimy.

I'm not saying everyone was that way, there is still the McClaren F1's, GT40's and Sara Even's of the world. ;)
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I firmly believe that I would NOT be disappointed in the McLaren F1

Porsche 911s however.... I think Ive wised up about them
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I never got 911's.

They still just make me think of the VW Bug. And having driven a few, I never felt comfortable in them..
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I think the cayman is the Porsche to get.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            thats the one I will get someday...
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Bought in Nov '16 from BaT and back up ... Never meet your heroes
              I can't help but think that the E30 M3 cannot live up to the insane amount of hype going around recently. It strikes me as a lot of parroting of hyperbolic opinions and muh heritage.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

The real way to experience an E30 M3 is on track as a race car, thats what the car is meant to do. The street cars were a means to an end, a necessary device to make the race cars legal / homologated.
                Unlike most other cars, the street car exists only so that the race car can. The car was designed as a race car first, street car second. No other M3 or BMW fits in that mold.

The street E30M3s were hampered most by the EMS of the day.
                Take the AFM off and change over to Alpha N or MAF throttle mgt, with no other changes a stock E30M3 car takes on a completely different personality.
                One change and its a different car.
                Bone stock they are OK street cars, on track they are magic. Thats where the legend was born. Winningest Touring Car of all time. Thats not hype.
                Last edited by JimmyP; 12-15-2017, 07:18 PM.
                Jimmy P.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                98 318Ti Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

JimmyP I’m not doubting you at all but at this point it’s not reasonable to take one out to the track and flog them.

This person either bought it with the intention of selling it a year later for a profit or simply drove roughly two tanks worth of fuel in a year and never truly experienced what it has to offer.

Either way it doesn’t seem to have lived up to his expectations
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

I'm certainly going to say this was a flip, I don't think it was a purchase and disappointment.
                    If we have seen anything in recent years in the E30M3 world its these situations.
                    People buying the cars and selling them with ~1000 miles of use
                    In recent years the E30M3 mostly has becomes a commodity that people are playing with / gambling with / trading with to try to jockey money out of.

VERY VERY few of the people buying E30M3s in the most recent climate are lovers or even passionate about the E30M3. They are speculating or people who are in the game for monetary reasons. I'd say maybe a slim few are buying because its a bucket list car, but they were so affordable for so many years that I think the bucket listers have them.

My personal feeling is that most of the people who really "get" the car have had them for years and many have been tracking them (some of us still do).

I HATE the current E30M3 climate and have for the past 5 years.
                    If I had one automotive wish it would be for the E30M3 bubble would burst like the fucking Hindenburg so people would go back to tracking them and racing them like they were meant to do
                    Jimmy P.
                    98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                      I HATE the current E30M3 climate and have for the past 5 years.
                      If I had one automotive wish it would be for the E30M3 bubble would burst like the fucking Hindenburg so people would go back to tracking them and racing them like they were meant to do

I missed my chance to get one at a reasonable price in 2011, so I can only hope this actually happens.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

My Porsche 911 S 997.2 is every friggen thing I dreamed it would be. Sometimes I enjoy looking at it as much as ripping through its 6 tight gears.

Comment

People spending the money they are today are doing so because they know they can get their money back and possibly profit later down the line making this investment almost a no brainer. I already got an offer on the Sepang M3 I just bought and it's still registered non op as I am going through the car. There are tons of owners who have owned M3's and not even put any more than a few tanks of gas in them. They may also have other E30's and M3's, so they aren't necessarily missing anything by not driving one.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            People spending the money they are today are doing so because they know they can get their money back and possibly profit later down the line making this investment almost a no brainer.
                            These are the people I was referring to.
                            Not real E30M3 people, not passionate about the car or its history.
                            Just widget collectors & sellers.
                            These are the people that have completely screwed and are still screwing the E30M3 market.
                            None of these people care what the car is all about, its just a commodity.
                            They are the exact reason I hope each day for a huge bubble burst.
                            Jimmy P.
                            98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              Caymen GT4
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I agree with you Jimmy P, preach, brother, preach!

Uhh, Porsche 911 GT3 RS FTW.

Comment

Working...
                                X