Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, The M3 sold for $39k and was bought a year ago for $30k...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

so i need to borrow 30k and go flipping cars

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I have a question for those of you that follow the auctions and sale prices on BAT. I have a slicktop 1991 318is with 119k miles on it now that I am the second owner of. I acquired it this year and I have been debating about selling it. The interior is mint with very few flaws. The body is straight with matching VINs on all the panels, but it needs a complete respray. I have every single service record since new to verify that the mileage on the odometer is in fact correct. I have done a refresh on all the coolant/ vacuum hoses, fluids, plugs, wires, timing chain tensioner, clutch master/slave cylinder, ect... I am putting Bilstein sports on it, but I am debating between a stock spring or a very mild lowering spring. It will be a completely OEM car except for the suspension, so I am leaning towards the stock springs.

When I bought it the car had sat for almost a decade and the original owner no longer had the tile nor was he interested in acquiring a duplicate from the DMV. I had to get a bonded title for it. It is a clean title, but it has a bond on it for another 2 years. After those 2 years the bond is removed ant it is just a regular ol' clean title. With that being said how much would the value be effected if I were to list it on BAT? What kind of price range do you see this car selling for on BAT with a complete respray and everything refreshed?
        Last edited by playdoh850; 12-24-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Expect to get a million questions about the title. I'm not familiar with bonded titles but if bonded = clean I think you'd get ~9-10k for it in current condition. I would limit work on it to mechanical maintenance and repairs so that there are zero issues other than the paint. You won't get your money back on a respray and there's too much risk of it not coming out right IMO. As factory as possible is preferred for buyers as there's less chance you're trying to hide something.
          M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Yeah it is a clean title not a salvage or anything like that. In Texas they require you to get a bond to register a vehicle if you don't have the title. So you think it would pull 9-10k as is?

Originally posted by She loved E View Post
            Expect to get a million questions about the title. I'm not familiar with bonded titles but if bonded = clean I think you'd get ~9-10k for it in current condition. I would limit work on it to mechanical maintenance and repairs so that there are zero issues other than the paint. You won't get your money back on a respray and there's too much risk of it not coming out right IMO. As factory as possible is preferred for buyers as there's less chance you're trying to hide something.

Comment

Depends how it shows. But if the body is good and paint is just faded or missing some clear coat that's where I'd guess the price would be.
              M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Don't paint it. Original paint even if flawed is a better selling feature. Respray or repaints always have that question mark over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Torston View Post
                  Don't paint it. Original paint even if flawed is a better selling feature. Respray or repaints always have that question mark over them.
                  There is nothing wrong with a professional, extensive, quality respray, performed by a professional body man. At thirty years old, the paint on these old cars is definitely going to be a little tired, in most cases.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by playdoh850 View Post
                    ect... I am putting Bilstein sports on it, but I am debating between a stock spring or a very mild lowering spring. It will be a completely OEM car except for the suspension, so I am leaning towards the stock springs.

Shouldn't use Sport with stock springs. They are shorter then the HD's and cause OEM springs to have excessive pre-load (making them feel very stiff).
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

If you are going to respray be sure to document before, during and after photos to post in the ad one when you post it. It will show potential buyers that you aren't trying to hide anything.
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

4 door 325i ends today. Its been sitting at $7k for a little while now, but just got bumped to $8k... I wonder if it can break $10k

edit: Made it to $13,250!

Also a sexy Mtech1 S52 car is up and already at $9500
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 12-26-2017, 12:38 PM.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          4 door 325i ends today. Its been sitting at $7k for a little while now, but just got bumped to $8k... I wonder if it can break $10k

edit: Made it to $13,250!

Also a sexy Mtech1 S52 car is up and already at $9500
                          I know the owner of this 4dr. I am replacing the headlight with one off my e30.
                          but it's a fairly clean car and that's a fair price for how nice it is.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

The White/Indigo Vert is sitting at $5,400.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                              The White/Indigo Vert is sitting at $5,400.
                              and its at $7200 now with ~3 hours to go
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
                                Build Date:1990-08-24 - they didn't get plastic bumpers until 1991 I think?
                                10/90 and on 325i switched to electric top and the facelift with large taillights and plastic bumpers

Shame about the pics on that vert listing, and failure to do the timing belt before putting it for sale. Should be a $15k car but won’t get that far
                                Last edited by bradnic; 01-01-2018, 07:15 PM.
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X