This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    No rings or head gasket, but the rest was gone through, everything is sand blasted, painted with single stage enamel automotive extrior paint, sub frames powdercoated/reinforced, new rod/main bearings, all new upper/lower gaskets etc. Click insta link in sig, don't need to sign in if on PC, or viewing in "desktop" on phone. Prefer to be humble, updates are usually old pics snubbed from phone. Owner plans on turbo later so the booster clearance was a non issue with a welded aluninum plenum using a brand new 944 booster, new 740i master and the m3 firewall harness cover modified to suit. Used a recon e36 steeing rack, with functional power steering, air conditioning with parallel flow condenser, 134 expansion, canbus interface for idle up, brake bias removed. Forge 6 pot front, 4 pot rear, 2pc rotor BBK (220/200mm)was already on the car, so had to sort the hydraulics to match. Everything is brand new or factory refub. Owner has had the car for 17 years, and has no plans of selling, so he figured "why not". Interior is 100% refurb with black headliner, rear head rest seats, with authentic recovered recaro to match, freash respray, ryang splitter, iS lip etc etc etc. Quite a cool car, actually.
    That car is very, very cool. Props on the work.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    84 M10 car... I’m having fun with these people talking about the DOHC head conversion for the M10. I wonder how long until they figure out I’m talking about the S14
    Well, you could be talking about the M12 or the Schnitzer Motorsport head for the M10.
    1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by SOneThreeCoupe View Post
      Well, you could be talking about the M12 or the Schnitzer Motorsport head for the M10.
      True, but I tried to make it obvious without actually calling it what it is...

Originally posted by 2mAn via BaT
      Schnitzer was a nice one too but this was factory goodness from the Motorsport group. It was quite a nice kit. Stroker crank, special pistons and that gorgeous head
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

M1!

Also not an E30, but I think everyone will like this one. Check out the price!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-bmw-m1/

Would you rather have this car or 50 nice E30s?
        Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
        1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
        Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
          Also not an E30, but I think everyone will like this one. Check out the price!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-bmw-m1/

Would you rather have this car or 50 nice E30s?
          Neat! This caught my attention..

"Original owner’s manual with handover date of July 1, 1982, initial 1000 km inspection on July 7, 1982"

Looks like it got driven A LOT in the first week of ownership, as it should have!
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

Super cool M1. Perfect car for a fly and drive around Switzerland.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about a M10 car being sold for $7,100 but it just goes to show that there are people willing to bid on clean stock models...

And now back to the never ending supply of M3s

DiamondSchwarz with mtech interior

1989 M3
              Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #10,170.
              Last edited by 2mAn; 06-04-2018, 03:49 PM. Reason: NO T-ing to see here
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                And now back to the never ending supply of M3s

DiamondSchwartz with mtech interior

1989 M3
                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-31/
                I wonder - do you think people will start to notice that even though M3's are rare, they aren't that rare and they'll stop bidding the prices up so high? It definitely seems like the last 9-12 months M3 prices are dipping a bit and there is a new one up for sale, on BAT alone, every week it seems.
                Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                  I wonder - do you think people will start to notice that even though M3's are rare, they aren't that rare and they'll stop bidding the prices up so high? It definitely seems like the last 9-12 months M3 prices are dipping a bit and there is a new one up for sale, on BAT alone, every week it seems.
                  You're correct that we've already seen some softening of the market, especially on high-mileage examples with questions.

This latest car could be so much easier to sell (or not sell, if there are spots of corrosion like that tie-down point that can make people wonder what kind of life the car lived in Illinois) if the seller could've been arsed to take some decent pics while the car was on the lift.

As it is, it's a driving restoration project with some of the heavy lifting done- provided the paint is up to snuff. There aren't enough good pictures to really get an idea of everything that might be needed.

Top-of-market cars still bring good money, and that's the case with almost everything out there- the market on collector cars softened a while back with the complete exception of phenomenal cars, which have either stayed at elevated pricing or have increased in value.
                  1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    DiamondSchwartz with mtech interior
                    Schwarz:

Schwartz:

:mrgreen:
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Not on BAT, yet anyway.
                      1991 318iC
                      1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                        :mrgreen:
                        Man... got me too! *fixed*

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                        Not on BAT, yet anyway.
                        I edited your post...

Thats already in the craigslist finds and also had our very own Julien get it running. Thats probably his face with the emoji on top of it. Check his thread...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

:up:
                          1991 318iC
                          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

M3 closes out today and a lazurblau Touring is up

Bid for the chance to own a M20-Swapped 1990 BMW 318i Touring 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #10,193.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Beautiful Touring. Very nice spec. Wonder how rusty it is. Nicer than mine, but selfishly hoping it goes for big money.
                              1992 325i Cabrio
                              1988 320i Touring
                              2000 M5
                              1977 530i
                              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                              BMWCCA
                              E30CCA

Comment

Another m3 up....

1988 BMW M3

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #10,233.

Comment

Working...
                                X