Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think its "crazy",,, Its a nice car, desireable color combo, late model, non-diving board car, lots of maintenance done. Not crazy. Its at the upper end, but if you wanted "that" combo, you could do alot worse.

Im firmly of the mindset if you see a car thats exactly what you want, buy it, now.

Ask the guy what he wants to make it leave his hands at that moment and if you are financially able with that number, pay it and go home with the car.

Would it be a "deal" no, but is it crazy, no I dont think so in the realm of nice unmolested red / black late model E30s.
    Too many E30 people think a car isnt worth it unless its a deal or a steal,,, if its the car you are looking for, pay the man and take it home. Life is too short.

E30s even worse than E30M3s have had uncountable atrocities committed to them over the ~30 years.
    Finding a nice un-stanced, Unswapped, Un-riced, un-abused, un-drift-o-licious E30 is hard and getting harder.
    This car is a nice example. I'd be fine at that number if I was in the market.
    Jimmy P.
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
    92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
    98 318Ti Morea Green
    04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
      I dont think its "crazy",,, Its a nice car, desireable color combo, late model, non-diving board car, lots of maintenance done. Not crazy. Its at the upper end, but if you wanted "that" combo, you could do alot worse.

Im firmly of the mindset if you see a car thats exactly what you want, buy it, now.

Ask the guy what he wants to make it leave his hands at that moment and if you are financially able with that number, pay it and go home with the car.

Would it be a "deal" no, but is it crazy, no I dont think so in the realm of nice unmolested red / black late model E30s.
      Too many E30 people think a car isnt worth it unless its a deal or a steal,,, if its the car you are looking for, pay the man and take it home. Life is too short.

E30s even worse than E30M3s have had uncountable atrocities committed to them over the ~30 years.
      Finding a nice un-stanced, Unswapped, Un-riced, un-abused, un-drift-o-licious E30 is hard and getting harder.
      This car is a nice example. I'd be fine at that number if I was in the market.
      Now its posted for 19k....would you say that is reasonable?

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
        I like that '88. Highish miles, some cosmetic needs but solid.
        Original paint, no wrecks, no rust, factory 5 speed.

Probably a $7500 car.

My brain still thinks it should be priced at $3500 - $4500...
        Originally posted by EyExR View Post
        Yup. I would say $7,500 is right on the mark. We'll see...
        Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
        It's already at $6100 with six days to go. I predict $11,500.

Nader wins this one, sold for $11k.
        1991 318iC
        1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
          Now its posted for 19k....would you say that is reasonable?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-BMW-3-....c100276.m3476

IMO he should have taken the $14,300.
          I don't see this car as having top of the market collector value.
          Originally an automatic, repainted, 185k miles.
          1991 318iC
          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

This x1000, and not just applicable to E30s.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Nader wins this one, sold for $11k.
              Here's my take, based on what I know about Gen-X professionals who are buying the cool cars from their youth, in this economy: Clean, relatively low-mile unmodified cars with good color scheme will sell for >$10K all day. The lesser the miles, the more they will cost. Currently, a 5-speed late model i or is with less than 50K miles will sell for over $15K. Maybe even $20K.

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
              This one's been up only a few hours, and already at $8K. White cars rule.

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Swapped 1991 BMW 318is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #14,852.
              Very well modified, clean cars, will sell for >$15K. This one is almost at $18K, with over three hours to go. I predict $20K.
              '91 325i

Comment

Man this swapped 318is is climbing.
                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

I don't think it's as nice as Austin's car. Will be interesting to see where it ends up.
                  1991 318iC
                  1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Ya I am in the market for a swapped E30, would love an Alpine car and was prepared to bid on that and even pay a premium for it, but the more i read about the build, the more I looked at the interior and the more I thought about it, that car is likely not as nice in person as it is in photos. Aside from that, the "build" photos bat is showing is a little deceiving, they are what 8 years old now? There is no video of the car running, the interior looks like it was pieced together and not professionally done, the radio is kinda tasteless and it would "need" alot for it to make me happy. I am sure these items are not important to everyone and it will go to a good home, just not for me.

Anyway I am in the market for a nicely swapped E30 OR a nice core car to do the swap with my own resources. So if you know of anyone selling, be sure to point them in my direction! I always prefer to buy privately from forum members.

Comment

I think that's part of the fun and why BAT is so successful. The risk, the gamble of bidding on a car online while discussing it in real time. The instant gratification of it all makes it appealing. Unfortunately, it also makes it an ideal place to sell off polished turds. You just have to figure out which is which. I suppose that's also part of the fun.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

This is a really nicely done car. I'm just surprised that a swapped car without A/C is pulling such high numbers. In the past it seemed to be table-stakes for getting 12k+ for a swap.
                        Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                        COTM Aug 2019

Comment

1986 325e
                          Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1986 BMW 325 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #15,018.
                          Attached Files
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I don't think it's as nice as Austin's car. Will be interesting to see where it ends up.
                            I agree 100%.
                            Neat car (I hate the wheels, but overall its pretty nicely done),,, but Austin's car was much nicer. If I were to pick between the two, Austin's every time.
                            Jimmy P.
                            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                            92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                            98 318Ti Morea Green
                            04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

I agree 100%.
                              Neat car (I hate the wheels, but overall its pretty nicely done),,, but Austin's car was much nicer. If I were to pick between the two, Austin's every time.

Sold for $24k, higher than Austin's. We'll see if the buyer goes though with this one...
                              1991 318iC
                              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

crazy bidding today... the 87-IS went for $14k!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X