Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid for the chance to own a 17k-Mile 1991 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #19,711.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Jesus Christ.............$$$$$$$$$$$$$

seller is going to clean up nicely on that one.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Vlad:

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: Euro S50-Powered 1988 BMW 325 Wagon at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #19,720.

Oddly enough there are TWO blue M3 "Wagons" for sale. One is on craigslist.
        Last edited by Javier h; 06-04-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h
          Was that the same car on ebay years ago?

I want to say like 20 years ago?

Some ridiculous low mileage as in unheard of.....

but yet, no one wanted to buy it?

What was the story about that car anyway for those that remember?

I think the guy wanted like $15,000 for it....some attorney?

Man, its been years but I still remember because of the mileage....

They might have commented on that car in s14.net
          The red one? perhaps. Maybe 6 years ago I met a guy with an Alpine/tan M3 with 7,500 miles on the clock but the car was not as clean as you'd imagine it would be. I was unimpressed with it as it had the typical wear of a 75k mile car vs 7,500. I suspect the odometer was rolled back or perhaps it was in a swamp or barn for 25 years. Either way, many of these low mileage cars have some sort of story. That doesn't seem to scare away buyers though.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Thanks

Yes, the red m3.

The thing sat on ebay for awhile with no bids...seller would relist it. and the price back then was very reasonable way before things sky rocketed. I just remember the car because it had no miles and no one wanted it. Talk about contradiction. Like most, I just assumed there was something wrong although the pictures looked fine as you would expect from a low mileage car.
            Last edited by Javier h; 06-04-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
              Vlad:

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: Euro S50-Powered 1988 BMW 325 Wagon at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #19,720.

As 2mAn noted, it sounds like the current owner tried to make everything right in the gub-ments eyes with that car. So now it's just a car with a colorful history. Good or Bad, it'll start conversations where ever it goes.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

1989 325is
                Bid for the chance to own a One-Owner 1989 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #19,734.
                Attached Files
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  Yeah, the bronzit vert is not going to come close to that..

especially since this just popped up

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325i-11/
                  Ripped drivers seat, missing cat, a VERT
                  ....and it still sells for 11k?!

wtf am I missing here?
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Auction ends tomorrow...

Comment

Wow this is a really nice car and i'm digging the pin stripe. Very cool that it's still the Original Owner. Would love to get this and keep as OEM as possible!

Comment

Vlad:

So if this BAT one is the Vlad Wagon and then who built the one on Craigslist in GA. Very interesting! I thought the Craiglist Ad was the Vlad car, therefore stayed away.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ign=2019-05-31

Sketchy AF.

Having experienced a couple of these, without records it’s a time bomb of who knows what.

There’s an 850csi gathering dust at a buddies shop. It’s such a rolling POS, that we both wish it’s either catch fire or the building fall on it.

It’ll be interesting to see if it even meets reserve.

Though, I’d buy and stick an S65 in it for lulz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Most of the stuff that fails on them are easy to fix. Mine has over 209K on it and had full service records for the previous/original owner. I love it but it just gets a little too much attention sometimes.

If your buddy wants to get rid of that CSi, I'm pretty sure I have a buyer.
                          1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
                          1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
                          1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
                          1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

Different Seller

The one on craigs has a black interior.

Vlad made a rep of a rep.

I dont think the car on craigs is Vlad's inspiration car but what are the odds that there are THREE blue E30 M3 wagon tributes?

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
                            So if this BAT one is the Vlad Wagon and then who built the one on Craigslist in GA. Very interesting! I thought the Craiglist Ad was the Vlad car, therefore stayed away.

Comment

Vlad:

Ohh yeah... I remember... the time when Vlad copied my interior.
                              E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

51k on the red 1991M3 with five days left. $$$$$ was right.

Comment

Working...
                                X