X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allow you to roam in my fertile pastures
    Hmmm.... smells.... fertile....

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Nothing Post E92 does anything for me other than the M2/M240i, I kind of like E92 335is and really like the E92 M3, that car has the look and the sound. Then I hear the new M3/4 and wince at just how terrible it sounds. The styling isn't great but at least they haven't gone full retard in the design department like Lexus and Honda.

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      Went and test drove a 2017 STI last summer. Same old boring shit that you all are describing. Super disconnected. Too insulated as well. Did not feel fast, regardless of how quick the speedo moved. Did not fall in love.
      That STI didn't feel fast because it isn't. Bloat has hit the STI hard. 305hp, 3,400lbs; that's terrible for a turbocharged performance car in 2017. When I walked one with my car at first I was stoked, because STIs have a reputation for being fast, but then I looked the car up and found out it's a mid to low 13 second car and all the stoke was gone.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Nothing after the E30 does anything for me. (Ok, I lied, I'd take an e31 850) The build quality dropped like a rock, (just look at how well the E36 interiors have held up.) The engine and drivetrains were decent but nothing really special. The E46s specifically the M3 looked better than the e36, but they botched the engine design. The S54 is a giant POS that eats rod bearings if you look at them cross eyed. I guess if you rebuild the engine and use the Lang Racing rod bearing mods, its not a bad engine. Personally I wouldn't touch one with a 40 foot pole. The e34 m5 does nothing for me but does have a sweet engine. The E39 is kinda Meh however. From there the cars just got ugly and uglier. The 1M was sort of interesting, and I'd be willing to drive one. That said, the proportions are odd. Its almost there, but its still too tall for its width and length. The stuff on the market now is just flat out ugly. There isn't a good line on the car. The belt line is about 8 inches too tall, the nose is too blunt and tall, the windows are too small. Too many angles, too many creases. They are just too busy. The E24 6 series morphed into an oversized blob. Then they made it worse by adding another 2 doors.

The brand has lost its way. The cars have gone from sensable well made cars that still look good 30+ years later to overpriced, disposable, garish creations with little driver feedback and no imagination. They have gone from a driver's car to an appliance. Lets think about this, in 10 years will we see the current M2,3,4 fetching top dollar? Nope, seeing one at all will be rare. The electronics will have all failed, and cost more than the car was worth to fix. Off to the crusher. The E30s however will continue to be somewhat common, and sought after. I know I will never buy a BMW built after1991.

All of that said, the Z8 might be the one modern BMW that I'd think about owning. Those might be a good car that will hold up well. Hard to say however since I don't see them that often, and I've got no idea if they hold up well or not. Collectability is there however.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Nothing after the Bel Air does anything for me. (Ok, I lied, I'd take a Nomad) The build quality dropped like a rock, (just look at how well the Deluxe interiors have held up.) The engine and drivetrains were decent but nothing really special. The Impalas specifically the Sport Coupe looked better than the Bel Air, but they botched the engine design. The 427 is a giant POS that eats cranks if you look at them cross eyed. I guess if you rebuild the engine and use the Clevite rod bearing mods, its not a bad engine. Personally I wouldn't touch one with a 40 foot pole. The first gen Corvette does nothing for me but does have a sweet engine. The Chevelle is kinda Meh however. From there the cars just got ugly and uglier. The El Camino was sort of interesting, and I'd be willing to drive one. That said, the proportions are odd. Its almost there, but its still too wide for its height and length. The stuff on the market now is just flat out ugly. There isn't a good line on the car. The belt line is about 8 inches too tall, the nose is too blunt and tall, the windows are too small. Too many angles, too many creases. They are just too busy. The Impala series morphed into an oversized blob. Then they made it worse by adding another 2 doors.

The brand has lost its way. The cars have gone from sensable well made cars that still look good 30+ years later to overpriced, disposable, garish creations with little driver feedback and no imagination. They have gone from a driver's car to an appliance. Lets think about this, in 10 years will we see the current Camaro fetching top dollar? Nope, seeing one at all will be rare. The flippy up headlights will have all failed, and cost more than the car was worth to fix. Off to the crusher. The Nova however will continue to be somewhat common, and sought after. I know I will never buy a Chevy built after 1968.

All of that said, the C3 Stingray might be the one modern Chevy that I'd think about owning. Those might be a good car that will hold up well. Hard to say however since I don't see them that often, and I've got no idea if they hold up well or not. Collectability is there however.

Butch
          cars beep boop

Comment

Get off my lawn.
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Comparing a Z8 to a C3 :rofl:

Perfect
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Not sure if trolling, or using "Mad-Libs" style post to legit represent how all brands have lost there way
                1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

I'm not big on a lot of the post E30 BMWs either... I do like the E39, and the 1 & 2 series are the closest you can get to an E30 in modern terms. I'd take an 1M or an M2. :)
                  Estoguy
                  1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    Nothing after the Bel Air does anything for me. (Ok, I lied, I'd take a Nomad) The build quality dropped like a rock, (just look at how well the Deluxe interiors have held up.) The engine and drivetrains were decent but nothing really special. The Impalas specifically the Sport Coupe looked better than the Bel Air, but they botched the engine design. The 427 is a giant POS that eats cranks if you look at them cross eyed. I guess if you rebuild the engine and use the Clevite rod bearing mods, its not a bad engine. Personally I wouldn't touch one with a 40 foot pole. The first gen Corvette does nothing for me but does have a sweet engine. The Chevelle is kinda Meh however. From there the cars just got ugly and uglier. The El Camino was sort of interesting, and I'd be willing to drive one. That said, the proportions are odd. Its almost there, but its still too wide for its height and length. The stuff on the market now is just flat out ugly. There isn't a good line on the car. The belt line is about 8 inches too tall, the nose is too blunt and tall, the windows are too small. Too many angles, too many creases. They are just too busy. The Impala series morphed into an oversized blob. Then they made it worse by adding another 2 doors.

The brand has lost its way. The cars have gone from sensable well made cars that still look good 30+ years later to overpriced, disposable, garish creations with little driver feedback and no imagination. They have gone from a driver's car to an appliance. Lets think about this, in 10 years will we see the current Camaro fetching top dollar? Nope, seeing one at all will be rare. The flippy up headlights will have all failed, and cost more than the car was worth to fix. Off to the crusher. The Nova however will continue to be somewhat common, and sought after. I know I will never buy a Chevy built after 1968.

All of that said, the C3 Stingray might be the one modern Chevy that I'd think about owning. Those might be a good car that will hold up well. Hard to say however since I don't see them that often, and I've got no idea if they hold up well or not. Collectability is there however.

Butch
                    Classic!
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      The E46s specifically the M3 looked better than the e36, but they botched the engine design. The S54 is a giant POS that eats rod bearings if you look at them cross eyed. I guess if you rebuild the engine and use the Lang Racing rod bearing mods, its not a bad engine. Personally I wouldn't touch one with a 40 foot pole.

Will
                      The s54 is one of BMW's biggest accomplishments as a company. There is a reason it was engine of the year every year it was used. Sure it has it's weak points, but with Biesan's products, you can 100% bullet proof the engine. That is quite an accomplishment for a solid lifter, 8k revving street engine. There has not been a single failure yet with the Beisan setup. I have over 16k posts (and 12 years active) on the m3forum and we keep an eye open for this. Though, it sounds a little douchey noting that, I am saying it to give myself "some" credibility. I am on my 3rd s54 (e46 M3) with zero failures and the s54 is the main reason for my love of BMW's. Especially now that so many people are pushing over 400hp (crank) NA out of a 3.2 liter. That is badass IMO.

Mr. Wolfe
                      sigpic

Comment

I love the guy that says he is a valet, and drives all these cars, so he knows how they perform. Give me a break, lol. What are you really doing in a valet situation that allows you to understand anything beyond seat position in any car. I hope nothing, because I would fuck you up if you did it to mine.

That said, newer cars take a hell of a lot more to hit the limit than the E30. I daily a slightly modified E90 M3 6MT, and live in Portland, where I drive lonely mountain pass roads very frequently. I find the limit in that car and drive to it, it revs to 8350 for fucks sake, how would you ever enjoy that in town? Under 4k it feels like a 328i and that is part of the charm. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing truly. My 24v e30 cannot even compare and I barely drive it anymore.

To the guy who said these threads are barking up the wrong demographic, I do agree. I am 28, and I can buy these cars, I drive the E90 because I do agree with the rest of the thread bashing on the newer FI performance cars and the watering down of M Division. I test drove an M4, with the intent to trade my M3 in. I drove it through the twistys, flat out, and it failed to excite. My wife, who normally thrashes on the M3 and E30, didn't even care to drive it. She could feel the lack from the passenger's seat.

My point: don't write them off yet. Until the government stepped in and fucked us with emissions and fuel economy, forcing the manufacturers to run to FI, BMW had a good thing going, in some, not all, ways. If you don't believe me, well, I challenge you to come keep up with my E90, whatever you drive. It brings the best out in a way the E30 could only dream of.
                        Derek-

Comment

Careful, some mysterious old man in a tuned E30 might come and just lose you in your favorite twisties Bunta Fujiwara style

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            Nothing after the Bel Air does anything for me....
                            lmao!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              Careful, some mysterious old man in a tuned E30 might come and just lose you in your favorite twisties Bunta Fujiwara style

Lol! Bruises on the thigh and everything?
                              Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                                I love the guy that says he is a valet, and drives all these cars, so he knows how they perform. Give me a break, lol. What are you really doing in a valet situation that allows you to understand anything beyond seat position in any car. I hope nothing, because I would fuck you up if you did it to mine.

That said, newer cars take a hell of a lot more to hit the limit than the E30. I daily a slightly modified E90 M3 6MT, and live in Portland, where I drive lonely mountain pass roads very frequently. I find the limit in that car and drive to it, it revs to 8350 for fucks sake, how would you ever enjoy that in town? Under 4k it feels like a 328i and that is part of the charm. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing truly. My 24v e30 cannot even compare and I barely drive it anymore.

To the guy who said these threads are barking up the wrong demographic, I do agree. I am 28, and I can buy these cars, I drive the E90 because I do agree with the rest of the thread bashing on the newer FI performance cars and the watering down of M Division. I test drove an M4, with the intent to trade my M3 in. I drove it through the twistys, flat out, and it failed to excite. My wife, who normally thrashes on the M3 and E30, didn't even care to drive it. She could feel the lack from the passenger's seat.

My point: don't write them off yet. Until the government stepped in and fucked us with emissions and fuel economy, forcing the manufacturers to run to FI, BMW had a good thing going, in some, not all, ways. If you don't believe me, well, I challenge you to come keep up with my E90, whatever you drive. It brings the best out in a way the E30 could only dream of.

In terms of the valet comment I was talking about the looks, interior , tech features , and overall feel of the car. Where does it say I had pushed each one of these cars to their limit? So
                                Keep your comments to your self no
                                Need for your teenage girly attitude. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X