No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the new C8 corvette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm impressed with it. Can't wait to pick one up secondhand in 10 years.
    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

I heard the first gear is really short, usable 2-6 is around town and 7-8 is for cruising speeds

495 base hp with around 3300 lbs car.. all for 60K ...might be looking into this...…….. in 10 yrs.. haha

I think a lot of hate is in the supercar group that like their 100K+ car exclusivity

cant wait to see 15,000+ of these cars on the road

C7 top specs would most likely become collectors

Comment

Originally posted by e30strokr View Post
        3300 lbs
        I wish. I've read in a couple of places now that the 3,366lb figure is dry, so it's probably going to wind up around 3,500lbs curb weight.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          Yeah, if there's one disappointment about this car, it's the lack of a manual option. That sub three second 0-60 wouldn't be possible with a stick, but that's not why people buy a stick.
          I think the problem is that lots of younger folks have never driven a stick before. They don't know what they are missing, so they opt for the auto/dct option.

The feeling of mechanical connection and control a manual box gives can't be seen on paper.

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
          I'm impressed with it. Can't wait to pick one up secondhand in 10 years.

If only they came in a manual, I'd be with you AwakenNoMore.

Comment

Amazing value at that price, but that is what Corvettes have become. I too like the looks better than the C7, and better looking than other supercars such as McLaren, Lambo, etc.. Not so into the interior or lack of manual trans, but whatever. I am biased toward Corvettes though, grew up around them, worked for a Corvette parts manufacturer, deeply long for a C5/C6 if I can one day swing it.
            sigpic
            1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Wonder what the replacement battery in your electric supercar will cost?

Originally posted by nando View Post
              Who cares. Too little, too late. The performance will be a joke compared to electric cars within the next 5 years. Oh wait, it already is...
              I'd rather have a gas engine and not worry about buying a $15,000 replacement battery in a few years. You know batteries lose capacity over time. Just ask my electric lawn mower.
              "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

Comment

Tesla's apparently only lose 10% capacity after 160,000 miles.

Comment

So many of these are going to spin out and end up in a ditch or a wall..
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                    I wish. I've read in a couple of places now that the 3,366lb figure is dry, so it's probably going to wind up around 3,500lbs curb weight.

you are correct I was going on top of my head.. which was close enough...we can all afford or need to loose a couple of …..hundred pounds..

like Nando mention this might be the last hurrah for "supercars" in general... but I don't think we are ready to pay a premium for electric... unless gas prices shoot waay up

Comment

Hopefully a zo6 comes out in 4 to 5 years so I can get one.
                      First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by e30strokr View Post
                        you are correct I was going on top of my head.. which was close enough...we can all afford or need to loose a couple of …..hundred pounds..

like Nando mention this might be the last hurrah for "supercars" in general... but I don't think we are ready to pay a premium for electric... unless gas prices shoot waay up
                        You take 100 off of me and ur left with my head an chest aka the nugget
                        85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          So many of these are going to spin out and end up in a ditch or a wall..

lol trashy car memes
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                            lol trashy car memes

Couldn't help but chuckle a little. Had one of those MR2's many moons ago, and warned my ex brother in law that it rotates easily, he still went hooning in it and ended up in the bushes.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Hopefully Chevy figures out snap oversteer. I dont want to read a Wikipedia article in 15 years saying that the C9 corvette fixed the snap oversteer the C8 was prone too.
                              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                                Hopefully Chevy figures out snap oversteer. I dont want to read a Wikipedia article in 15 years saying that the C9 corvette fixed the snap oversteer the C8 was prone too.
                                I don't think it can be "figured out" since it's in its physical nature to spin around like a beyblade
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X