Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the new R3VLimited Forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by nando View Post
    Mobile is pretty much broken on this version of vbulliten. I can't edit the previous post because of a forced reflow bug. I can't scroll down in the previous post and I can't insert the cursor below the second image.

    What I was going to say is, after seeing the blank login screen, I randomly clicked on a link in the main window, and was still logged in.

    James I know is busy, as am I - but there are many examples of completely broken functionality with this new version. I know it wasn't free and it took a lot of hard thankless work, but it worries me that a basic function like logging in and editing posts are totally broken on mobile (which is undoubtedly the majority of users).

    If there's anything I can do to help, James, let me know. I have decades of experience in web programming and administration of websites, even if not professionally.
    Nando, you still seeing any of these mobile issues? I have ran through editing threads on both Android Chrome and an iPhone 7 without issue.



    Comment


      Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post

      Nando, you still seeing any of these mobile issues? I have ran through editing threads on both Android Chrome and an iPhone 7 without issue.


      Yep. I just took this screenshot.

      Note that I am actually logged in. But every time I visit the site, it says I'm logged out. If I click on any random link, it will suddenly show me as logged in. But before that, the actual login window is blank.

      I have noticed the improvements! Dark mode will be appreciated by many. :)

      It looks like the reflow issue has been fixed in the post text box. That should solve the issue with mobile post editing.

      Aside from that the only other main issue is the YouTube plugin is still using HTTP instead of HTTPS, so it gets blocked by Google (I'm pretty sure they don't even support HTTP).
      Last edited by nando; 10-10-2019, 07:37 AM.
      Build thread

      Bimmerlabs

      Comment


        I have the same issue as nando on desktop/Chrome, it says I'm logged out but if I click any link it shows me logged in again. It may be a caching issue?

        Also when I load the main page of the forum it shows me logged out and on the light theme, then when I click any link it changes to the dark theme (that I have turned on) and shows me as logged in.
        Last edited by agent; 10-10-2019, 09:05 AM.

        Comment


          People use tapatalk because it's easier to upload images.. at least with the last version. I don't use it so idk.

          I'm on desktop/chrome and don't have the logout bug, however some threads don't load and give me an error message saying something like "the site has redirected too many times." I tried clearing my history and cache but to no avail. I've noticed those threads have a zero post/view count.


          it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

          Comment


            I use Tapatalk because it’s quicker than in browser, requires less clicks to get where I want,shows me only what I want to see and yes, is easier add photos to posts. While I appreciate the effort on the site, I prefer Tapatalk and won’t be shifting usage any time soon. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
            2006 BMW X3
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

            Comment


              Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
              I'm on desktop/chrome and don't have the logout bug, however some threads don't load and give me an error message saying something like "the site has redirected too many times." I tried clearing my history and cache but to no avail. I've noticed those threads have a zero post/view count.
              I also have noticed this.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                People use tapatalk because it's easier to upload images.. at least with the last version. I don't use it so idk.

                I'm on desktop/chrome and don't have the logout bug, however some threads don't load and give me an error message saying something like "the site has redirected too many times." I tried clearing my history and cache but to no avail. I've noticed those threads have a zero post/view count.
                I've seen this and I think it's because of the thread title, which is now used in the URL. Certain characters do not get URL escaped properly (ie, a space should become %20 when URL escaped), so the forum software can't find the right thread. Mostly punctuation. That has to be a bug.

                I have edited the titles of a few threads I saw, removing the offending characters, and they worked after. If you see any, and can flag them - I can probably fix them to work.

                The new forum urls are more human readable - the old forum software just used the "id" column from the database for each thread, which is just a number. Maybe we can configure it to use the database post "id" instead of the title?
                Build thread

                Bimmerlabs

                Comment


                  I know I'm the minority on this topic, but I refuse to use my phone with forums (whether this one or any other). I just can't stand using tapatalk and just wait until I am back on my comp to browse the sites. Not sure how so many people can tolerate tapatalk at all to be honest.
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by nando View Post

                    I've seen this and I think it's because of the thread title, which is now used in the URL. Certain characters do not get URL escaped properly (ie, a space should become %20 when URL escaped), so the forum software can't find the right thread. Mostly punctuation. That has to be a bug.

                    I have edited the titles of a few threads I saw, removing the offending characters, and they worked after. If you see any, and can flag them - I can probably fix them to work.

                    The new forum urls are more human readable - the old forum software just used the "id" column from the database for each thread, which is just a number. Maybe we can configure it to use the database post "id" instead of the title?
                    URL structures like this are used for SEO, but I think the schema here is a bit too much. For instance the structure goes /board/forum (redundant), then "forum"/"subforum", again probably more than necessary. It would suffice to simply be board or forum/name-of-thread-XXXXX (numbering if necessary for duplicate thread names).

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                      I have the same issue as nando on desktop/Chrome, it says I'm logged out but if I click any link it shows me logged in again. It may be a caching issue?
                      After I flagged the option to remember me so I don't have to log in every visit, I have this issue as well.

                      Chrome v77
                      Mojave 10.14.6 on MBP
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

                      Comment


                        iS

                        Is there a solution for the threads hanging out in "unapproved" status after simple edits? I tried to edit a for sale thread so that folks wouldn't get confused with stuff that was no longer available by deleting it and I'm on day 2 with "unapproved topic." I don't want to start another thread with the same content lol.


                        Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
                        info@omgmotorworks.com

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          Can we disable the "comment" feature on posts? It makes no sense to have it, and the 'comments' just get lost since no one is going to scroll up to see it. Finally figured out that that's why threads are showing up in the new topics feed despite not having any new posts.
                          Comments are now disabled. Thanks for the suggestion!
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                            iS

                            Is there a solution for the threads hanging out in "unapproved" status after simple edits? I tried to edit a for sale thread so that folks wouldn't get confused with stuff that was no longer available by deleting it and I'm on day 2 with "unapproved topic." I don't want to start another thread with the same content lol.
                            I approved it. I usually do it daily but I took a few days off so there were a lot built up.
                            Build thread

                            Bimmerlabs

                            Comment


                              Thank you man, I appreciate that!


                              Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
                              info@omgmotorworks.com

                              Comment


                                I come here a lot less often now. It's a bit frustrating compared to previous. I don't care about light or dark - it's fine. I appreciate that you've modernized it and are working on issues. Like Powling, I only post on a computer, not a phone - I want to see full size photos and see all the text.

                                What I see is that you can't just click on new posts or topics to see what's happening - it sends you to a verification quiz. So you have to log in every time you drop in to find new conversation. Once you post something, it doesn't show upon in the New Posts search - your posts are invisible. You can log back out, find that thread, and read what follows, but if you want to answer you have to log back in again. Just tedious.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X