Welcome to the new R3VLimited Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    Why do you want dark mode? Are you from the Dark Side? Do they have cookies at the meetings?

Just curious.

- old but not a boomer

EDIT - serious comment for James: I get logged out fairly quickly while composing a post. Has happened several times.
    Seriously - it saves battery life on your phone. Which let's be honest, is how most people are probably looking at this site.

Also it's easier on your eyes. But mostly the first thing..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      Anyone getting loads of notifications that someone has responded to a thread you're subscribed to? I've turned off almost every notification setting, and I'm still getting them.
      Yes - just go into your setting and uncheck all the options you dont want for notifications. I had them all off before but had to go in and turn them off again
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

The one item I like now, is that you can type in a page number you'd like to go to immediately in a thread. Don't remember it being there pre-update. What I do miss is, on the old website, you could click on to what is now known as "Responses" and you could view any posters posts (All his/her posts) in any certain huge Thread like "Nonesense Thread" for example.

The speed on the site has improved since being up. Thanks!

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
        Noted on the quick logouts and odd errors, I have yet to see any errors but I'm still tweaking PHP in regards to performance, My guess is we have a script that is timing out.

Once we get things stable I'll look into a dark mode and some other adjustments.
        Also, look into (Whenever time permits) YouTube embedding.

1990 325i
        2004 330i Individual 6-speed
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

Seriously - it saves battery life on your phone. Which let's be honest, is how most people are probably looking at this site.

Also it's easier on your eyes. But mostly the first thing..
          Agreed!
          I have a Samsung S9 and recently tried the dark mode.
          Battery life was SERIOUSLY extended!
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post

Yes - just go into your setting and uncheck all the options you dont want for notifications. I had them all off before but had to go in and turn them off again
            The only two things I had checked didn't have anything to do with the notifications I was getting, and even after unchecking everything, I'm still getting notifications.

Comment

There's one bug I noticed when logging in. It creates a box underneath the top menu and you have to refresh to get the menu items on the top bar. Other than that, it's working smoothly. Ignore the haters, I like the newer version of VB better.

Comment

This is sick and I love it.

Thanks for the upgrade!
                No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

i think i found a glitch. under the setting to make the text bigger it does not save the font size it reverts back to small everytime.
                  Last edited by LowR3V'in; 08-10-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post
                    When I try to search anything "specifically turbo builds" it goes posts from today, and then circa 2004. I assume there's at least one post with turbo mentioned somewhere in between those dates
                    Nope. Turbos were only rediscovered recently. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                      Why do you want dark mode? Are you from the Dark Side? Do they have cookies at the meetings? Just curious. - old but not a boomer EDIT - serious comment for James: I get logged out fairly quickly while composing a post. Has happened several times.
                      It’s a preference thing. I use VS or more recently VS Code for dev work, and they default to light text on black background. It’s easier for long periods of staring at the screen. Same if you are doing a bunch of command line stuff. Some guys like a light background and will invert the display, but I prefer light on black. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Also, IÂ’m just noted carriage returns arenÂ’t working through Tapatalk. These Are Supposed To Be On Separate Lines Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Also, ran out of memory trying to load the PNW Chit Chat thread
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Thanks to James and all involved with the upgrade, it's definitely an improvement although I do miss the old layout a bit, nostalgia I guess. I'm sure things will improve over the next days/weeks as the bugs are worked out. The interface is definitely easier to work with.

Only thing I've had trouble with is that you're only allowed to attach 5 photos per post, whereas the old site was 30. Makes for a lot of extra unnecessary posts. Is this only temporary?
                          '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

I don't want to criticize the site logo, but maybe we could come up with a new graphic or something for the top of the page? I've got some ideas but no photoshop skills. I think something that shows off the variety of e30s would be cool - early/late models, coupe/sedan/vert/touring, plain options/mtech cars, M3, iX, euro/US, m10/m20/m42 etc...
                            My Feedback

Comment

I do like the new setup. It will take time to get used to, but I'm 100% on board.

ISSUE: I like to edit my posts... apparently that makes me a spammer now? I have two posts awaiting moderation.
                              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

FYI, if anyone else is wondering how to get a bigger editor window, click and drag the bunch of dots below "write something".

Is there a stand-alone editor option, so previews are on the same page, not in a popup?
                                Last edited by dvallis; 08-11-2019, 09:43 AM.
                                "And then we broke the car. Again." Mark Donohue, "The Unfair Advantage"

1987 E30 3L Turbo Stroker Das Beast
                                2002 E39 M5

Comment

Working...
                                X