No announcement yet.

The Future of R3VLimited.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I suggest an optional paid membership? Doesn't have to have any perks. Might be annoying to code, I dunno. But I'd happily pay some $ per year to help keep the site going.

Comment

Awesome to hear this. I could care less about what the forum looks like, honestly. One reason I stopped posting is the really slow performance, it just makes it really hard to use the current forum. A change to something different will be worth it, it can't possibly be worse than this version of Vbulletin, but it can certainly be a lot better!
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Also glad to hear. I started a Jeep forum about a year ago with Vbulletin and man you aren’t kidding with the shitty support. I found it easier to get support (and pay a little extra) from the hosting company I was working with. That being said, I killed it last month because the time spent figuring out things that should have been an easy support ticket with Vbullentin was a waste of time.

Comment

Looks like ClassicZCars is on Tapatalk, and so I’m guessing their API is compatible, so I’m on board. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

James,

Thanks for all your hard work and effort on this. As a former Director of Information Technology I totally understand the difficulties of migrating to new vendors, platforms and databases. Even with careful planning and execution Murphy sometimes rears his ugly head. Success will come.
            1990 M3

Comment

XenForo is the best IMO , but you're the one doing all the work!

Comment

Thanks James, Nando basically summed up my feelings and I am very glad to hear that this place will continue on.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

I miss old R3v but still love this place.

I can’t stand ads and appreciate that we don’t have them and more willing to donate. 16 years here, my dues are past due.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

right move - delighted the site will continue.. hell I had to go back to FB again to stay in touch with folks.
                    In for a paid subscription option as well to support the site.
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

We can explore a paid membership or donation dealio, however, let's get everything migrated over first.

Update on where we are at. Few bumps in the road on the migration of the test database, however, we have corrected those issues and attempting a new test migration. Currently at 17% and plugging away.

It's looking like when we move we will have a several week outage due to the sheer amount of data we have. Our plan is to make the forum read-only during this time so data is available versus being offline.

More to come.

Comment

+1 to happily paying a yearly membership and/or a donation. i owe my life to this site, would have literally nothing without it...thanks again for keeping the old girl going, James.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Thanks again, James! Will thread and post URLs remain the same after the migration to the new platform?

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                            Thanks again, James! Will thread and post URLs remain the same after the migration to the new platform?
                            Invision claims a URL Redirect is built into the product, however we have not tested this yet. Will once the data is in place. If not the search engine should fine it.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post

Invision claims a URL Redirect is built into the product, however we have not tested this yet. Will once the data is in place. If not the search engine should fine it.
                              Ok, I was just wondering for internal threads that have links to other threads. Or other/external websites that link to threads/posts on R3V. Hopefully the testing goes well! I'll gladly pay a membership fee as the others have suggested.
                              Last edited by mike.bmw; 05-26-2020, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Sounds good James. Thanks for all your hard work!

I echo the others, I would gladly pay a yearly membership/donation/fee if it helps keep the site going!

Comment

Working...
                                X