Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone even visit this forum anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Also, everybody in this thread should be updating their own threads. I know some are, but many people dont. I dont even have an E30 anymore and I have 2 active threads in the members rides forum

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    No, new for 2021 it's just a forum for trucks.
    This. E30s are out, offroading is in.

But seriously, I'd like another E30 at some point, but I ain't got the time for that right now, plus their prices are not really helping me like it used to.

James is busy with other stuff I'm sure but the change to a better loading and more modern software I think will help.

FB has been slowly killing car forums and forums in general for years, this is the desolate wasteland of what remains for car forums.

I still try to visit and lurk here and there.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    I haven't been on every day in 2020 like past years, there's been a few times it was weeks without being here (I know, shame. :()

Same. And wow, you are aging me. 0.o I was older than you when I signed up here 15yr ago :/

Yeah, the nv isn't even 30hp lol, rated BHP is 189. The m50 vanos IRL puts down about 5-10whp more than an m20 stock for stock.
    good lord, man, you're old!!!!! lolol. it's hard to believe how much of my life i've spent on here. i've been reading the posts here since 2009, but was a timid fella and never felt the urge to register until 2010 (didn't have anything really to add). this site, and mye28, really gave me concrete thick skin. it was a good way to be introduced to the real world, i think.

it's funny, i went and drove my red s50 car this morning. it feels slow to me anymore. my e30m3 with a CR (dogleg) box feels faster - hard to say if it really is, but the gearing and that rev happy little engine makes all the difference in the world. time is a funny thing. hahahah

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    I build these cars every day, and I still don't have any quality build threads hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

You need to make a build thread... you owe me that
    Still waiting on that grading thread.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by amcp View Post
    I visit everyday mostly since my join date. I always think about posting a build thread but never actually sit down and make it happen. I've had many e30 projects but I just figure no one wants to read my BS ramblings. :)
    You need to make a build thread... you owe me that

Leave a comment:

• amcp
    replied
    I visit everyday mostly since my join date. I always think about posting a build thread but never actually sit down and make it happen. I've had many e30 projects but I just figure no one wants to read my BS ramblings. :)

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by 89_325i View Post

Can you move my threads to the projects forum? I'm realizing now, its more of an E30 project than it is a 24V project, and maybe that hurts my visibility.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...-with-m50-swap
    I wish I could. Im a low-level Moderator... Cant move threads, cant ban people. I can only delete posts, and a few other things ...

Imagine what a sh!t show it would be if I wasnt here cleaning up spam!

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    I haven't been on every day in 2020 like past years, there's been a few times it was weeks without being here (I know, shame. :()

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
    i talk (almost) every customer that comes in my doors, that's looking to have a swap done, out of one. i try encourage them to have me do some minor modifications to their M20 or M42 and really love the car for how it was designed. guess what, they have all loved it for what it is.

18 year old me would be dumbfounded with 28 year old me. not everything has to be modified to have fun or enjoy it.
    Same. And wow, you are aging me. 0.o I was older than you when I signed up here 15yr ago :/

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
    No one is doing a shitty m50nv swap to get that 30hp anymore, now people are building 200+ whp NA m20 cars and reliable 400hp+ turbo m20 monsters.
    Yeah, the nv isn't even 30hp lol, rated BHP is 189. The m50 vanos IRL puts down about 5-10whp more than an m20 stock for stock.

Leave a comment:

• 89_325i
    replied

Still hoping to see boobs

Also, everybody in this thread should be updating their own threads. I know some are, but many people dont. I dont even have an E30 anymore and I have 2 active threads in the members rides forum
    Can you move my threads to the projects forum? I'm realizing now, its more of an E30 project than it is a 24V project, and maybe that hurts my visibility.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...-with-m50-swap

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied

All the "tits or gtfo" and "search n00b" mentality is gone...
    Still hoping to see boobs

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied

Exactly this! I keep finding "repairs" I made 10 years ago when I got my car and I'm horrified with my quality of work (which felt "above and beyond" at that time).

I also agree with this part. I check certain subsections daily (m20, forced induction, alternative tuning), and these were places I wasn't interested in years ago. I delete half the posts I type because it doesn't feel like I'm adding to the conversation.
    same here. i did some wiring harness repair to my red car about ten years ago (after stupid 18 year old me forgot to clip the wiring loom to the valance) and at the time, i thought it was a nice job. i spent about 2.5 hours repairing everything, finding the correct color wiring (it pays to be a hoarder sometimes), cleaning everything with wax and grease remover, soldering and shrink wrapping all the connections and re wrapping the entire front section of the wiring harness. 28 year old me was content with it. 18 year old me would have been mind blown.

you and i should be best friends... because i cannot tell you how many times i have written some lengthy response and go "oh, who cares" and delete it. daily, i would say.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by e30austin View Post

nailed it. fucking nailed it. i will say, in the last ten years, my quality standards have gone through the roof, same goes for my patience level. stuff i thought was "nice" ten years ago would not even be considered remotely tolerable today.

but to answer the OPs question, i still visit the site daily. i just have a lot less bullshit to add than i did ten years ago. i make it a point, that if i post something, that it's actually a useful or helpful comment, not just commenting to comment. i have a feeling a lot of folks have moved in that direction.
    Exactly this! I keep finding "repairs" I made 10 years ago when I got my car and I'm horrified with my quality of work (which felt "above and beyond" at that time).

I also agree with this part. I check certain subsections daily (m20, forced induction, alternative tuning), and these were places I wasn't interested in years ago. I delete half the posts I type because it doesn't feel like I'm adding to the conversation.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied

Well yeah, forums were relatively new at that time, e30s were dirt cheap and everywhere, so people in their late teens to mid twenties were buying them. Now those people are in their 30s, have a wife/kids, and shit posting on forums just isn't a thing to do anymore.

One of the things I notice is that although there are less build threads, the stuff being worked on is much higher quality. People have a bit more cash and a lot more knowledge. No one is doing a shitty m50nv swap to get that 30hp anymore, now people are building 200+ whp NA m20 cars and reliable 400hp+ turbo m20 monsters.

All the "tits or gtfo" and "search n00b" mentality is gone. The remaining posters are actually helpful to the new people. When did we get old and turn into mye28 or bmw2002faq?!?!?!?
    nailed it. fucking nailed it. i will say, in the last ten years, my quality standards have gone through the roof, same goes for my patience level. stuff i thought was "nice" ten years ago would not even be considered remotely tolerable today. engine swaps are pretty meh to me, anymore. i talk (almost) every customer that comes in my doors, that's looking to have a swap done, out of one. i try encourage them to have me do some minor modifications to their M20 or M42 and really love the car for how it was designed. guess what, they have all loved it for what it is.

18 year old me would be dumbfounded with 28 year old me. not everything has to be modified to have fun or enjoy it. i've definitely started turning into my mentor...

but to answer the OPs question, i still visit the site daily. i just have a lot less bullshit to add than i did ten years ago. i
    make it a point, that if i post something, that it's actually a useful or helpful comment, not just commenting to comment. i have a feeling a lot of folks have moved in that direction.

Leave a comment:

• cory58
    replied
    All the "tits or gtfo" and "search n00b" mentality is gone. The remaining posters are actually helpful to the new people. When did we get old and turn into mye28 or bmw2002faq?!?!?!?
    So true and I like it that way. The R3v FB site is home for all the useless comments now. Any day without seeing the word "prolly" is a good one.

It's obvious that a much smaller core group of people are posting here, but I pray that forums like this never go away. FB is totally useless for those of us that rely on forums to keep our older Bimmers on the road.

Cory

Leave a comment:

Working...
X