Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone even visit this forum anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    ...and inflation. Yeah, I took it there.
    I naturally assumed you were only referring to the inflated E30 market prices, and not the world in general.

Comment

I generally think that the dollar is worth less makes people work harder for the same cost of living people had in the 50-70's equaling less free time. Less hobby time.

All cars get inflated when the you couldn't afford your dream car when you were young and have some extra cash now.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
        I generally think that the dollar is worth less makes people work harder for the same cost of living people had in the 50-70's equaling less free time. Less hobby time.

All cars get inflated when the you couldn't afford your dream car when you were young and have some extra cash now.
        I will agree with that, and they make up for it by doing crazy finance terms like over 72 months. I think the less free time thing is partly because the pace of the world and how we are so connected, it makes work last 24/7 because its tough to walk away.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Still remember that interior your had in your car, twas quite droolworthy......
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

I will agree with that, and they make up for it by doing crazy finance terms like over 72 months. I think the less free time thing is partly because the pace of the world and how we are so connected, it makes work last 24/7 because its tough to walk away.
            Imagine paying 70K for a new BMW, probably 80K after interest for 6 years and now its worth 20K when you pay it off and due for repairs and maintenance. What a hole. I love traveling to places that don't have cell phone service.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I just logged in as I do every couple of months.... and I really think I just need to delete facebook.

Facebook groups are the reason I don't visit the forums anymore. They are also the reason why information is not readily available.

Ugh. It is really shitty to understand the reason why something one had spent years of their life utilizing, has died off.... but also to be a willing participant.

For what it's worth, I do think that forums will see a resurgence. At least I hope so.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

They will have a resurgence, at least smart people will come back after deleting your Facebook
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I hope so.

I've never had any social media so I blame everyone else.
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                    I hope so.

I've never had any social media so I blame everyone else.
                    This is social media.

Comment

Technically yes, but not like most instant gratification social media that most people have transitioned to.
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                        Technically yes, but not like most instant gratification social media that most people have transitioned to.
                        Hey, that spam bot content is positively riveting and updated constantly.

Comment

Valid. Most action this forum has seen in a long time.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            They will have a resurgence, at least smart people will come back after deleting your Facebook
                            You'd hope.

But I get tired of waiting 10 minutes for a thread to load in Tapatalk - only to realize the latest post is some random jumble of words by a new account with 3 post cred..

That being said, I prefer Forums over the ArseCancer that is Social media.

..even better still: Talking to real people in person. I know, our social media overlorders say that we are killing grandma's by visiting car friends to talk sh*t, but it's a risk I'm willing to take so I don't have to sort through another "help me get low" TwatBook post.

End Rant.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

You'd hope.

But I get tired of waiting 10 minutes for a thread to load in Tapatalk - only to realize the latest post is some random jumble of words by a new account with 3 post cred..

That being said, I prefer Forums over the ArseCancer that is Social media.

..even better still: Talking to real people in person. I know, our social media overlorders say that we are killing grandma's by visiting car friends to talk sh*t, but it's a risk I'm willing to take so I don't have to sort through another "help me get low" TwatBook post.

End Rant.
                              woah, you're alive!

(even though i saw you a week ago)
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Yah, I got tired of waiting for threads to load in Tapatalk, so I decided to hop on the PC. But honestly, I prefer just talking to people in person, or at the least texting. Then the snark is easier to convey. Also, I have been spending a lot of time on the Haunted Forums. I have been making props for Halloween, because 2021 is going to make up for not having a party last year (it's going to be off the chain!!)

Now, I just have to figure out how to update my sig since I've got the new Dad Van.
                                Last edited by djjerme; 02-24-2021, 04:13 PM.
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X