Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Seat Options

Hey all -

I was wondering what people have seen or done regarding swapping seats in their e30... searching "seats" through the site gives a ton of results.
    Are there other OEM seats (BMW or not) out there that swap in with relative ease? I'm not opposed to installing new brackets. I'm more curious about OEM swaps (VW, Porsche, etc) from other vehicles than installing aftermarket racing-type seat set-ups. My current sport seats need some new upholstery and wanted to see what others have done before dropping coin. I'm mainly curious about front seats, but rear benches are welcome as well.

E36/E46 and 2 series BMWs are common enough swaps. Ive seen someone put all the E46 seats into an E30.

I still think the E30 sport seats are one of the most comfortable ive sat in to date.
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

The choices are pretty much endless, maybe plant your posterior in a few that look like they may fit, and be prepared to make brackets to adapt them to stock slider. You could also find anything that uses the "standard" 80s era Recaro seat to bracket mounting position and buy ready made slider adapters for those.

As to rears, I vaguely recall some others swapping in A2 VW rears along with their Trophy fronts.

Comment

I've seen someone install Honda S2K seat but they dont have the fold forward option to easily let you get in if you e30 is a coupe.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

fresh stock sport seats > everything else

2cents
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

2cents
            Yup. Fresh stock sport seats with new seat cushion and back foam. Voila

Or put e90/92 seats in. I did and it was pretty easy, just made a couple short brackets for the rear holes.

Comment

2cents
              so how much are those seat going for now? anybody check out the ones on ebay for $300??

Comment

Usually I see worn seats that need recover for $200-300. Reupholstered sport seats $1000-1200. I currently have Mitsubishi evo 8 Recaros in mine pretty tight fit but it works, they use to be cheap. Will soon replace with reupholstered sport seats or Recaro LS-C. I would try to pick some up locally since shipping I would imaging would not be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by e30strokr View Post

so how much are those seat going for now? anybody check out the ones on ebay for $300??
                  A pair of nicely redone sport seats in leather probably go for about 1500 and up

I just paid 2200 to redo my front and rear seats, but I'm very happy I went that route. They just look so good and have more support than most "sport" seats offered from BMW today.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

2cents
                    2/10, ass is too fat for sport seats.

I would throw some E46 coupe seats or e92 seats in mine because I fit way better, just too picky to find a set that's worth it
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Recaro will start selling NEW Classic seats in March or later.
                      Though, it seems they are only black.

Last edited by Vincenze; 02-11-2021, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I also like Corbeau GTS II, but they're probably not quite as nice as a "real" Recaro LS, and about as pricey, especially if you spring for the bells and whistles.

There are so many seats out there that I like but I just think look too modern for an e30 (Corbeau RRX, Anything post-E90, Even Vaders)
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Recaro SRD / Recaro Pole positions.

I love sports, but they can feel janky.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Recaro was supposed to start production of the Classic line in 2020, but it has been delayed. So, there is no info.

Comment

I have E90 sport seats in mine and love them.
                              Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                              BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                              www.BavRest.com
                              My Feedback Thread
                              Our Facebook!
                              Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
                              X