Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland Engineering Website Closed - For Now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, this sucks. I bought a “new in box” IE 22mm sway bar for my e30 from a guy a craigslist a few years ago, and dang, it’s the bee’s knee’s. Also have ordered odd mounts and hardware.

The damn e30 has been so solid for maybe 3 years now I just haven’t ordered anything other than FCP oil change kits. Today I lost a heater core that drained my coolant into my footwell AND may have cooked my rear main seal past it’s already weak state.

IE is one of my regular sites when I need it, which to be honest, is like a 3+ year cycle. I get why they may be struggling. Hell, my business is struggling. Port of Japan and L.A. ports have completely effed my cash flow.
    My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

I do quite like their HD rockers, for what it's worth.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        I do quite like their HD rockers, for what it's worth.
        They wipe the oil off the cam and toss their hardened pad...

Multiple failures reported, common Nono in spec e30.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Blunt is still alive and well. I order stuff from them as often as I can.
          Yep, Steve is well and kicking. I don't even have a car at the moment, but whatever I end up with I know I can bug him or Levent for parts.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post

When I was rebuilding my M20, I ordered valve stem seals from IE since they are somewhat local. When I got them, they were 3 different colors and different sizes. Some were obviously for a different engine. I couldn't believe it.
            wow, that is impressively terrible.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Yep, Steve is well and kicking. I don't even have a car at the moment, but whatever I end up with I know I can bug him or Levent for parts.
              Ah, Levent was another good source, especially for euro stuff and getting used parts from Germany.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post
                Dang, this sucks. I bought a “new in box” IE 22mm sway bar for my e30 from a guy a craigslist a few years ago, and dang, it’s the bee’s knee’s. Also have ordered odd mounts and hardware.

The damn e30 has been so solid for maybe 3 years now I just haven’t ordered anything other than FCP oil change kits. Today I lost a heater core that drained my coolant into my footwell AND may have cooked my rear main seal past it’s already weak state.

IE is one of my regular sites when I need it, which to be honest, is like a 3+ year cycle. I get why they may be struggling. Hell, my business is struggling. Port of Japan and L.A. ports have completely effed my cash flow.
                Amen to this...I have containers sitting in LA port since January. They do not have any "qualified" workers to clear the backlog.

Comment

Cross- posting, since I've been calling Jeff on the phone for at least 2 decades:

Jeff sold the business to Andrew Thorium (not making that name up, but possibly mis- spelling it)
                  who is trying to get everything sorted out.

This via a 3rd party (and confirmed by Jeff) with whom I have done business with for the same 2 decades, and
                  who has been rock- s0lid (Andrew Adams, now running Adams motorsport)

So while Ireland Engineering as a business has been hit or miss in my book, I figure it's effectively
                  a new regime, and I'll try again in a bit, once things settle down.

But as always, proceed with some caution.

t
                  my container is sorely empty these days.
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I have been reselling for IE for some time. Last few times they were a few days getting my orders out vs the same day of the past, but nonetheless, they have always taken care of me.

As far as stem seals, I occasionally have multiple colors since I purchase them in bulk and they aren't always the same color. As long as they seal, no one will ever see them once the valve spring are installed lol. I have a client who sends his head back to me every year, and has never said anything.

Once I ordered a set of +1mm m30 valves and somehow an m10 valve ended up in the box (same dimensions except slightly shorter stem). I didn't realize until the head was on and doing the valve adjustment. Called Jeff/Andrew and they overnight'd me a replacement, so that eve I used a hoist to pick the head up a few inches with everything still attached, slid the rocker aside, welded up a makeshift tool to remove the spring, popped the new valve in, slid a new gasket under it and plopped it back down. Had it back together and running by lunch the next day. :)
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Got my links in. Not sure if I am 100% sold on them when comparing to my old links, my doubt could be out of ignorance. Anyone care to chime in on the build quality on these? I haven't welded much in my life so I have to ask, are the welds that hold the control arm side bolt and bracket together strong enough as they are for auto x / daily driving? I'd imagine this kind of weld is a low tech solution to producing these parts over the design of the older links. Is this an improvement in strength over my older pieces?

Price was 60 for links, 14 for shipping and 5 tax for about 80 bucks out the door, felt like a splurge when you factor in the 14 dollar shipping for small items and delays.

I did ask in the notes during my checkout for some sway bushing grease and IE supplied a generous amount of the stuff, I really appreciate the gesture. I don't regret being patient for my order but I'm unsure about the welds...
                      Last edited by m3clutch; 04-17-2021, 12:14 AM.
                      Flickr

Comment

Don't sweat the weld, that's just to keep the screw captive. I would take a tack weld over pressed in splines any day when wanting to captivate a nut/bolt.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          Don't sweat the weld, that's just to keep the screw captive. I would take a tack weld over pressed in splines any day when wanting to captivate a nut/bolt.
                          appreciate it!
                          Flickr

Comment

I would say they are an improvement.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              I would say they are an improvement.
                              they do seem beefier, and the pressed ball joints have a plastic insert as well. Interesting to see how things change over the years. Glad I can still by e30 parts...for now.
                              Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X