1990 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 coupe

It's been a few years but I finally bought an e30 again. Probably the worst timing for it as the market for these cars is going nuts, but I needed another one so here it is!

1990 325i coupe with a new head gasket, cam, valve job, clutch, and arp head studs.

I saved the euro grilles from my old car so this was the first modification

Went on vacation and found a set of basket weaves to replace those worn out bottlecaps

As cool as the Zender rear apron is it'll probably be for sale at some point

This is how it's sitting now until I can save some more $$ to get the suspension and paint sorted out. I ordered a magnaflow 14815 that is sitting waiting to be installed. Big single tip mufflers look a little goofy on these cars imo.

Not bad looking. 5speed?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Not bad looking. 5speed?
      Yep, I'll try and get some interior pictures up soon.

Comment

Been a while since I've updated this, here's what's been going on.

The car had been repainted at one point and they didn't do a great job which resulted in a lot of clear coat issues. I had a friend wrap the hood and trunk since they were in the worst shape, but here are a few pictures of the c pillars and rear window area.

I ended up removing the rear windows and trim then sending the car to get painted. The hood, trunk, and body were painted and it looked a million times better!

After paint I ordered Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks and Vogtland Springs to lower the car and do away with the blown suspension

I couldn't find a good dust cover for the Koni's that worked with the strut bar so I 3D printed some of these

Next up were the wheels! Finally I was able to buy a set of TRM C1 wheels which I have always loved on the e30. They stopped selling the hyper silver color which I was originally going to run so I settled for the "Light Grey" which is more of a copper color. Looks super good with the Hankook RS4s.

15x8 225/45/15

Not a ton of clearance here

Couple photos of the new wheels on

At this point I needed to get the front doors painted to match the rest of the car

I also had the mirrors and an IS lip painted to complete (hopefully) all of the paint work. It looks soo good now!

Finally I had some resonators added to quiet down the exhaust. It has long tube headers (not sure what brand), 2 12" cherry bomb resonators, and a 14815 muffler. I will try and post a video clip in the next post!

Last edited by Slowgan; 02-09-2022, 07:36 PM.

Comment

looks fantastic! just got the same muffler as you, but for my M42. how's it sound on your i6?

Comment

Have you looked to see how that rear lower valence was installed and what brand it is? Some kind of side skirt is needed to complete the look, or you can just remove it and have the OEM rear valence and be done
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by s-thetikz View Post
              looks fantastic! just got the same muffler as you, but for my M42. how's it sound on your i6?
              It sounds great, here's a cold start before I had the resonators put on https://youtu.be/AIT5s8kpqpw

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Have you looked to see how that rear lower valence was installed and what brand it is? Some kind of side skirt is needed to complete the look, or you can just remove it and have the OEM rear valence and be done
                I agree, I want to put IS side skirts on it or remove it. The brand is Zender.

Comment

nice progress! SE sideskirts would be cool!
                  BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
                  www.e30.is

Comment

Good progress, the color of those TRM wheels go well with black. Looks like a fun car to drive!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Did you buy this car from Seth in northern, IN? If so, I have the old motor from this thing!
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                        Did you buy this car from Seth in northern, IN? If so, I have the old motor from this thing!
                        Yep this is the same car. He posted a video of the old motor running, sounded really mean!

Comment

Looks like a different car after some paint and aggressive wheel/tire setup.

What do you have planned next for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                            Looks like a different car after some paint and aggressive wheel/tire setup.

What do you have planned next for it?
                            That's a good question lol.. I think I'm going to start focusing on the interior next. The cloth comfort seats are in ok shape but some sport seats would be nice. I added a new radio today which replaced the stock cm5908 that wasn't working very well.

Comment

Looks amazing. Exactly how I hope my looks after paint. Is it factory schwarz?

Comment

Working...
                              X