No announcement yet.

August 2022 Car of the Month: AWDBOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still disappointed we never got to take this car down to any mountain roads, but what a good story and glad its in a good home allowing you to take the parts biz full time!
    1989 JDM-Tech 2
    2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post
      Still disappointed we never got to take this car down to any mountain roads, but what a good story and glad its in a good home allowing you to take the parts biz full time!
      I know it!! Letting her go was definitely the hard life choice here, but I’ve got some stuffs up my sleeve for next years Vintage! Hopefully complete with an Airbnb with a/c

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Beautiful car and congrats on COTM!

Out of curiosity, why did you choose long-tube headers over the Racing Dynamics type bundle of snakes?
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
          Beautiful car and congrats on COTM!

Out of curiosity, why did you choose long-tube headers over the Racing Dynamics type bundle of snakes?
          Thanks!

Mainly availability and cost. IE's run of the RD headers immediately presented quality issues. I suspected they would be problematic and as soon as they released them I saw folks having all sorts of issues. And then the last RD group buy run Frank on here did the price started out around a grand and ended up at some crazy number with downpipes that never ended up happening along with unknown lead times, so I jumped ship on that.

I talked to a few folks "in the know" and the perceived power left on the table was slim to none, as the exhaust build itself seems to have the biggest effect on power, so I followed digger's merge recommendations and here we are!

The only downside to the IE long tubes is that the collectors hang pretty dang low. But my cars aren't ever super low so it's not problematic unless you're a stancy boi

At one point I almost bought Hartage headers from a member that needed some work but the price never got down to where it was worth modifying/fixing them for use on Linda.
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

This is very very clean youngtimer street car. I admire people who are able to achieve this quality and detail level.

If you ever want something more, I'd just add RHD ITB-kit. It would bring power here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	52223533708_b975f62ffd_c.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	10064342

Comment

Originally posted by hasa View Post
              ...If you ever want something more, I'd just add RHD ITB-kit. It would bring power here:...
              Ha! That looks familiar:

sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Clean OE look. Can't beat that. Well played and congratulations.

Comment

Very nice. Red on tan is classic. I've always had black interiors but that combo is undeniable.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

well deserved COTM, Bobbie - congrats to you, sad to see it go. truly the end of an era... doesn't mean the next one can't be great, too. :)
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

So clean! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                      X