No announcement yet.

Turbo 325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started today, its been a busy week. Cam is broken in and first oil change out was very clean exception to the slight shimmer under light, no nasty chunks in the filter. Its very peppy and surprisingly quiet on the valvetrain front. I thought the steel rockers would of been louder but its the quietest its ever been. Very smooth too.

Only issue I have is home sensor not staying in full sync and began to drop out after about 10 minutes, so Il need to reposition the cam tone wheel as its too close to the crank sensor event.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-12-30 at 13.47.55_c385920a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	271.6 KB ID:	10111452
    Boris - 89 E30 325i
    84- E30 323i

Comment

So car is getting a run in and tune on the dyno in a couple of weeks. Will only be on gate pressure whilst its got running in oil in it. Once ive put some road hours to break the engine in a bit further I will take it back for a power tune I would say Early Feb.

Sync issue so far seems to be resolved with the tone wheel reposition so fingers crossed it stays that way, hard to confirm much when I cant run it for a long period.

Ive decided to re-do the oil filter relocation setup as I would like to incorporate an engine oil cooler. I found with the current setup the exhaust manifold is pretty close to the in/out fittings on the Derale relocation block and feel I am taking on some excess engine oil temps due to this. The Derale block is chunky and then with an added NPT fitting plus 90 degree fitting it makes the stack height excessive. So may as well do what I can now to add some more engine protection. I'm sure on a power run the EOC will be beneficial to the tuner in maintaining good oil pressure. NPT fittings to me also just look yuck with excess thread hanging out.

So getting rid of the Derale gear and going with improved racing, must say I was really impressed with their website and ability to customize their products to your application, they run ORB fittings which is great and should help free up some room
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	102
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	10111726
      Oil filter housing with thermostat. I have picked the 215f version as the vehicle is a street car.

Views:	81
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	10111727
      Inline block so I can relocate the oil pressure sensor as well as incorporate an oil temp sensor

Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	10111728

KOYO 19 row cooler, the SETRAB cooler nearly won selection but KOYO run ORB fittings so no brainer there.

Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	10111729
      Boris - 89 E30 325i
      84- E30 323i

Comment

Name:	20240113_094954.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	10112043

The quality of improved racings products are exceptional, highly recommended!
        Boris - 89 E30 325i
        84- E30 323i

Comment

40 degree days have backed off a bit so had a chance to do this today. Took 6 hours which included masking everything up, vacuming as I went to prevent galling and marking the bores. Got the protrusion and spacing bang on which I'm very happy with seeing it was my first go at oringing a block. Def not a quick job in situ. Best thing is the oring grooves fell exactly where the marks were in the block left from the back of the cutring so that worked out well.

Hopefully does a better job at sealing than the cut ring gasket that shat itself after an hours use.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240302_115451.jpg Views:	0 Size:	248.4 KB ID:	10115502 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20240302-WA0021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	10115501
          Boris - 89 E30 325i
          84- E30 323i

Comment

Working...
          X