Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Yeah I will, Adrian's best guess is that the bolt that actuates the VANOS slipped and caused the intake cam to advance too far forward, effectively screwing up the timing.
    Did you rebuild the VANOS since I last heard it diesel status in the silver car?

    Leave a comment:


  • 416stroker
    replied
    Thats good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Me too, although I don't think it is. Compression was even.

    Leave a comment:


  • 416stroker
    replied
    Well I hope its nothing internal.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Popped through the intake if I threw starter fluid at it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Indeed, so he's going to check the timing and go from there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    A theory! At least that's something!

    Leave a comment:


  • 416stroker
    replied
    Damn that would be crazy if that happens

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Yeah I will, Adrian's best guess is that the bolt that actuates the VANOS slipped and caused the intake cam to advance too far forward, effectively screwing up the timing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Go ahead and guess all you want, out of my hands now.
    Nothing wrong with that, when there's just something you can't or don't want to figure out, pay someone that does.

    Leave a comment:


  • 416stroker
    replied
    I know. You gonna post what was wrong with it when you find out?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Go ahead and guess all you want, out of my hands now.

    Leave a comment:


  • 416stroker
    replied
    my guess is cam or crank sensor

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Welll its in God's hands now. And by God I mean Adrian and by hands I mean M service garage.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Ohm testing a CPS is worthwhile, however i have seen more than one Ohm correctly and not function . AC voltage while cranking proves the sensor is working as Ryann mentioned.

    Leave a comment:

Working...