No announcement yet.

Another m30e30 & a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did you get your floors so damn clean! I just removed my original dampening and it will never look as clean as yours without a repaint... hmmm maybe that's what happened? Great work btw. love this build.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      how did you get your floors so damn clean! I just removed my original dampening and it will never look as clean as yours without a repaint... hmmm maybe that's what happened? Great work btw. love this build.
      Depends on how you remove the sound deader, I cringe when I see the dry ice method. My go to for this is a heat gun & a plastic scraper, then I cleaned up the residue with wax & grease remover, I had some colour matched paint made up in a spray can & painted some of the sealant edges where it was half assed in production & sealed with a satin clear.

I think I spent about 2hrs on the full floor pan, but I’m happy with the turnout I just need to sort the power window wiring it runs on the drivers floor pan & causes moderate amounts of anxiety

Comment

Where'd you get the hood bra from. It looks fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post

Depends on how you remove the sound deader, I cringe when I see the dry ice method. My go to for this is a heat gun & a plastic scraper, then I cleaned up the residue with wax & grease remover, I had some colour matched paint made up in a spray can & painted some of the sealant edges where it was half assed in production & sealed with a satin clear.

I think I spent about 2hrs on the full floor pan, but I’m happy with the turnout I just need to sort the power window wiring it runs on the drivers floor pan & causes moderate amounts of anxiety
          heat or ice, i guess that's the question. I went with the dry ice method. I tried to remove it one day when it was hot in the garage and it just was too pliable to remove. The ice helped a lot, but some of them were so difficult to remove, it was terrible. I see have little honey comb all over though and I've thought about cleaning it, but i know i'm going to just cover it up anyway with dynamat and carpets... i'm just super impressed with the degree of clean on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
            Where'd you get the hood bra from. It looks fantastic!
            To be honest no idea, I pinched it off my wife’s e30 project it came with her car

Comment

heat or ice, i guess that's the question. I went with the dry ice method. I tried to remove it one day when it was hot in the garage and it just was too pliable to remove. The ice helped a lot, but some of them were so difficult to remove, it was terrible. I see have little honey comb all over though and I've thought about cleaning it, but i know i'm going to just cover it up anyway with dynamat and carpets... i'm just super impressed with the degree of clean on it.
              Ahh that residue is where wax & grease remover is key pulls it straight off & you’ll find the paint under it is in really good condition the tar acts as a barrier

Comment

Got some used but larger injectors 38lb gave them a clean & flush along with new baskets & o rings

Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr

also started the wiring journey

Comment

ccannnttt wait.

Comment

just the best.

Comment

git er done!
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Got the water pump finally buttoned up was waiting on -16 fittings, down the track I will g t an alloy rad mad to fit for now the e28 535i rad is more than upto the job

100 series cutter hose is a mongrel to work with

pump mount to the rad & is surprisingly well supported

topped up the coolant & filled the oil, it’s really down to getting the exhaust done, & the ecu in....

Comment

do you think that pump flows more then the stock one?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                            do you think that pump flows more then the stock one?
                            not sure what the stock one flows tried having a look for a figure, this pump is 150L/min or 39.6gal/min. Moving to the ewp was more prep for the “big” m30 build after this, using the different damper/trigger wheel I’ll only have to sort one pulley out not two(just the alternator.

I’ll be interested to see how it performs, there is a few time attack car rocking them going to ask about their experiences. The only other electric water pump I’ve used/experienced was the factory one on my old e82 & it was great up to when it died out of the blue

Comment

is that a 20AN fitting for the coolant thermostat?

is that pump really 150L/min or is that per hour?

Comment

is that a 20AN fitting for the coolant thermostat?

is that pump really 150L/min or is that per hour?
                                -16an fittings from the pump to the block, according to the product info it 150L/min

Going to see how it holds up to track usage, I’ve seen them on cars with more motor, more power, & driven harder than I will manage & they seem to hold up really well. But it’s the first ewp setup I’ve seen on an e30 so it will be interesting to see how it goes cooling the big iron block

Comment

Working...
                                X