Another m30e30 & a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post
    Very much looking at a bigger lift cam, Rama & I both discussed it being a limiting factor currently. To go to a higher lift I need to swap out to a steel rockers to get the benefit of the longer lash pad.

This is the cam chart to the current one http://www.catcams.com/products/cams...nguage=english

I’ve got my eye on the PPF offering http://server.pure-pf.com/webshop2/e...1-m30-z55.html

along with these https://kmcams.com/products/bmw-m30-...el-rocker-arms

the ENEM cam will be miles better than what you have......
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Congratulations on getting the car back up and running Ant! Must be good to be driving it again. Hope the track day goes well over the weekend.

191 wheel horsepower is about 25hp above what my stock M30B35 made in the e30 with a 2.5 inch single exhaust (here's my dyno plot from a dyno day few years back)... they don't call the dyno-dynamics dynos heart breakers for nothing! A stock M20B25 engined e30 on the same day made 101kW vs my 124kW. No doubt there'll be more power to be found as you develop your package a bit more.

Here was my plot:

My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

The shakedown on the weekend uncovered the factory in tank pump is no longer up to the task I kept getting fuel pressure drops & starvation at full WOT. On the dyno it wasn’t evident as an issue but I think fuel slosh on track was the harder test. I have a 100 micron filter on the feed side & the pump wouldn’t pump through it so pulled it out just ran the intank filter on the pump but still wasn’t enough.

Ordered an aeromotive stealth 340, also setting up a 2.5lt surge tank so the fuel feed side is over killed.

Comment

Should see the numbers jump with the new pump! There was an e28 with ITBs getting around Melbourne with 154 rwkW.

How'd you go with the mods to the headers you bought? Was it just the number 1 runner that needed adjustment to fit or more than that?
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

The shakedown on the weekend uncovered the factory in tank pump is no longer up to the task I kept getting fuel pressure drops & starvation at full WOT. On the dyno it wasn’t evident as an issue but I think fuel slosh on track was the harder test. I have a 100 micron filter on the feed side & the pump wouldn’t pump through it so pulled it out just ran the intank filter on the pump but still wasn’t enough.

Ordered an aeromotive stealth 340, also setting up a 2.5lt surge tank so the fuel feed side is over killed.
            what injectors are you running?
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

what injectors are you running?
              310cc Bosch units, they are reading 6% duty cycle at idle & 60-70% at full wot

we pulled the feed hose after the filter & barely getting fuel, pulled the filter element out & it was better but still not the rate it should have been. On full WOT the fuel pressure gauge on the reg was dropping 10’ish psi.

Aeromotive pump is ordered along with a longer body AEM high flow filter, going to change the plugs out at the same time as just preventative maintenance.

Comment

sounds like the pump (OE??) is toast rather than not upto the job. New OE pumps are spendy though

Comment

Was an OE pump but has been replaced in the past, the new one is overkill the whole fuelling side will be overbuilt now so I shouldn’t hit issues again.

Comment

Here's a few pics from the weekend

Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr

I got to hang out with this e9 CS

the offending pump

& shooting the sh#t with my old man

& a small sound bite before i lost fuel pressure

Comment

Did you ever end up getting back to the dyno?
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                        Did you ever end up getting back to the dyno?
                        negative, however I’ve had 4 track events & it’s been brilliant. I picked up another project which is stealing time away from the e30 which is poor form on my part.

will be aiming within the next 2mths to get back to the dyno, install my half cage, & plumb in a 4kg extinguisher

I’ve got a 72 BMW 2500/Bavaria project on the go now that’s getting an e28 rear subframe swap & a Ford 347 stroker with a C4. After turning the e30 into a track car I convinced my wife I need to build a weekend cruiser..... that should have 350-400hp

Comment

negative, however I’ve had 4 track events & it’s been brilliant. I picked up another project which is stealing time away from the e30 which is poor form on my part.

will be aiming within the next 2mths to get back to the dyno, install my half cage, & plumb in a 4kg extinguisher

I’ve got a 72 BMW 2500/Bavaria project on the go now that’s getting an e28 rear subframe swap & a Ford 347 stroker with a C4. After turning the e30 into a track car I convinced my wife I need to build a weekend cruiser..... that should have 350-400hp
                          I am VERY into that.... had Foxbodys in High School, so that hits close to home haha.

Excited to see progress, and glad you've gotten to use the car!
                          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X