Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    Well, its more than I spent on my Jetta including the H&R Springs, Bilsteins and other stuff...

In TDI news, I'm still driving the same tank that was filled at the CA /AZ border ... 475 miles ago ...

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    As much as I would like to hate the Spark it's not terrible. Tinny, slow, ugly, yes, but it even crashes well, and would be fine for sitting in traffic.

Also, telling Rennlisters that your daily is a Spark would cause confusion, which is always good.

100%. Also telling them it is a color closer to Ruby than their 911. And it's manual.

I just love that they named it Spark, yet isn't an EV.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    As much as I would like to hate the Spark it's not terrible. Tinny, slow, ugly, yes, but it even crashes well, and would be fine for sitting in traffic.

Also, telling Rennlisters that your daily is a Spark would cause confusion, which is always good.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    You made the right choice I think.

But you missed an opportunity.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	139.6 KB ID:	10115316

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	163.9 KB ID:	10115317

"2014 chevy spark up for sale 163k miles runs great everything works as it should 4 cylinder and 5 speed manual transmission asking $3800 clean oregon title"

Posted two pics, in case it sells.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Y’all trying to get me killed? Remember I also pick up the kiddo after work.

My first order of dammit I bought Chinese made parts when I did t want to have begun arriving. Tried to avoid Amazon, but looks like eBay has fallen prey to them also... My Bilstein B4 struts and shocks have arrived, just waiting for the strut / shock mounts and H&R lowering springs to arrive then I just have to see when I can install them.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Shit, ride a bike around in LA?
    Only for GTA cosplay reasons.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Shit, ride a bike around in LA?

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Just to give you guys a glimpse of the driving I deal with on my commute. Its about 6 miles door to door and about 5 miles is on the 405. Its basically like this the whole time. Takes me about 30 minutes door to door...

Six miles in sunny California you could ride a bike to work... (I also am six miles from work and drive)

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Just to give you guys a glimpse of the driving I deal with on my commute. Its about 6 miles door to door and about 5 miles is on the 405. Its basically like this the whole time. Takes me about 30 minutes door to door...

Anyways, I ordered some Bilstein B4s, and have some H&R Springs on the way too, along with a Valve Cover Gasket. Yes the B4 is an OEM replacement and the springs will lower the car. The car is meant to be a budget build, so naturally its getting lowered without upgrading the stock suspension, other than replacing 18 year old OEM stuff. If the car hangs around long enough to destroy these B4s, I will buy B8s at that point. The H&R springs are only supposed to be a 1" drop so they shouldn't get destroyed immediately.

I washed it too, still pretty dirty, but most of the AZ dirt/ dust has been washed off

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Okay, I resisted at first, but that's one dusty VAG.
    Should see how it feels inside it...

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Henri's one glove on holding a cig vibe is incredible

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Okay, I resisted at first, but that's one dusty VAG.

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Wow never would have guess this!

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Atlest you cant do burble tunes on tdi?

Instead of vape it'll be rollin coal?

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied