Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, its more than I spent on my Jetta including the H&R Springs, Bilsteins and other stuff...

In TDI news, I'm still driving the same tank that was filled at the CA /AZ border ... 475 miles ago ...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Well, its more than I spent on my Jetta including the H&R Springs, Bilsteins and other stuff...

In TDI news, I'm still driving the same tank that was filled at the CA /AZ border ... 475 miles ago ...
      True.

Win.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
        "2014 chevy spark up for sale 163k miles runs great everything works as it should 4 cylinder and 5 speed manual transmission asking $3800 clean oregon title"

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/...721928342.html
        I sent this to my buddy who daily drives a 1990-something Ford Festiva. Seems this would be right up his alley!

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Installed a BOSS headunit this weekend to replace the failing and peeling OEM unit. Tried to be an adult about it and bought the proper adapter, suggested mount kit, antenna adapter, etc...

Had Sh3rpak!ng help me with the wiring as I'm mid-move and don't know where half my tools are. Properly crimped and heat shrunk. But also, he would do a 100% better job on this than I would've... Thanks Charlie!

The Metra Double DIN Mount seemed to be the go-to from what I saw, and promised big hopes, but seems to be different than what I got.

In the advertised pics it shows two pieces for that "gapless fit between the dash and the kit" but after a lot of frustrating moments, following by dremel action, I was able to get the mount kit to hold the headunit, but as you can see no where near the 'flush mount' it was supposed to be. I don't know where this removable piece is/was but I certainly didn't see it so either they updated the piece and didn't update the pic or something else is going on, I'm disappointed to say the least.

Gotta figure this out so I can deal with 'phase 2' of the install which is getting the wired carplay and rearview camera all wired up. I was already working in the dark, so I just wanted the stereo to work today, which it does and I'm happy with this headunit.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

That is fucked

Are you gonna have to do a T belt?
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              That is fucked

Are you gonna have to do a T belt?
              T-Belt was done by Henri before I bought it.

I found out on TDI club that there is a 'go-to' aftermarket chinese option thats much better, so Im going to send all this shit back to Amazon LOL
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

T-Belt was done by Henri before I bought it.

I found out on TDI club that there is a 'go-to' aftermarket chinese option thats much better, so Im going to send all this shit back to Amazon LOL
                Fug it, amazon returns are too easy to send back grinded down bits of stereo equipment too
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

My old outback had some crappy pioneer double-din (that happened to fit great) from factory thanks to Subaru being weird, so it was easy to swap over to an amazon ATOTO unit that had wireless AA/CP and a backup camera. Hell, it even came with the option to set a subaru logo splash screen.

I was very happy with it. AA/CP worked exceptionally well, even with two devices set to auto connect.
                  Screen was definitely a little low-res and dim. Audio was a little rough, but the car didn't sound great in the first place.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Fug it, amazon returns are too easy to send back grinded down bits of stereo equipment too
                    Oh its happening. I haven't broken enough plastic so taking this in & out a few more times means lots of opportunities to break more brittle plastic pieces
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

All that stuff got returned to Amazon and the RCD330 is on its way from Wuhan. The dieselgeek Deluxe Shifter Kit arrived today and I have some Michelin Pilot Sports on their way in 215/40/18 ('22 BRZ takeoffs). MrBurgundy did you think I was buying them for another car? lol

Hoping to close the deal on the wheels this weekend. I need to start assembling the Suspension too so I can call this one 'done' sooner than later.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

All that stuff got returned to Amazon and the RCD330 is on its way from Wuhan. The dieselgeek Deluxe Shifter Kit arrived today and I have some Michelin Pilot Sports on their way in 215/40/18 ('22 BRZ takeoffs). MrBurgundy did you think I was buying them for another car? lol

Hoping to close the deal on the wheels this weekend. I need to start assembling the Suspension too so I can call this one 'done' sooner than later.
                        I knew you were talking about the jetta, mostly because I remembered seeing pilot sports on the 911 already lol

Comment

Michelin Pilot Sports EVERYWHERE... wait until you see the wheels... 911 will definitely be jealous if I get the ones I want LMAO
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

It finally happened...

In other news, I picked up some wheels for the car this week, tires should be delivered too... The wheels are painted black and I hate black wheels. I originally was going to just leave em, but I'm tempted to try and remove the paint before installing the wheels... We'll see how much desire I have to do that VS just installing everything. I really want to get this suspension installed too. Seems like the rear installation should be easy, but the front might be a pain in the ass without certain specialty tools that I don't own. I also don't to take the axle nuts off and it seems there are two schools of thought for that part of the install. So lets see what happens with that.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I have a nice spring compressor you can use

It's not the two piece style that's ready to take your face off either lol.

Comment

Well, if it's out of fuel it's probably time to change cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X