Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    A Corrado is the only VW of my era that I never owned... and I have been jonesing for another VR6 car, but it doesnt check any of the boxes I need right now haha

Should I just get a Prius?
    I thought you wanted a reliable dail? Corrado ain't it.

Unless it's a current gen, no.

Oh, Mazda2, it's fun and not a Fiesta. The are also super economical and within the 5-7 budget.

Comment

Originally posted by khiobrien2 View Post

Killdozer and e30 sounds like the perfect 2 car solution. Thank you for the amazing suggestion.
      I do my best.

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      Yes on Coilovers. And No, why would you want to ruin your daily.

Toyota Racing Development has created a sporty body kit for the Prius facelift, which can also be fitted with new wheels and a wide array of other tweaks.

Cool thing about a Prius it uses minimal battery pack, Low CFD, Fairly light. Its a nice modern higher tier economy car.

And if you get a Prime you get a Carbon Hatch

Probably doesn't matter what you get. You'll put to much money in it, and sell it. Hows that a cheap daily?.. :p

That's not bad, but new wedge Prius is best Prius.

Didn't know they had carbon, even more reason to get the Prime ... more power, electric only are just addins cuz CAHRBON FIBERZ.

lol and:

​​​
      Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I thought you wanted a reliable dail? Corrado ain't it.

Unless it's a current gen, no.

Oh, Mazda2, it's fun and not a Fiesta. The are also super economical and within the 5-7 budget.

This. Mazda2 and even a Yaris / Scion iA (I kinda like the sedan TBH) can be had in manual, but not as cheap as they used to be.

I remember seeing a few for like 5-8k for a brand new bare bones economy car with a 6 speed (I think) is pretty cool.

^ Example, way more than a few years ago.

=================

And once again, FIT is GO.

LOOK AT THIS ONE, IT HAS YOUR PCAR STRIPES.

(Modified Fit FB Group, cuz I'm silly and want one with no plans of actually getting one)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	188.5 KB ID:	10114003
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Fits are cool, but with a lot of aftermarket options moatilliattahit it on the head... I’ll dump too much into jt and sell it at a loss...

Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cnb716omaxy31.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	10114012

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

What we should really be discussing is what car Simon is going to get after the car he's going to get next
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

you are spot on, I think fits are far too easy to mod.

so prius.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              What we should really be discussing is what car Simon is going to get after the car he's going to get next
              This.

so … also Prius.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

All roads lead to Prius dont they?
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

In my one month Prius Prime owning experience I've actually slowed down to about the speed limit and enjoyed the commute. Not to mentioned the plug in Prime EV is about 25 miles, which is about perfect back and forth to work (So have have to play the efficiency game). Still over a month on the dealer fill up and no gas station visit yet (1000 Miles per tank). I don't know about you, but if I can avoid going to a place that has spilled polar pop, sticky, grimy, littered with cigarette butts, scratch offs... All these things others are inline for and your have to dread in the line with the others to get the receipt because a broken printer at the pump... I will avoid it. If the pump says see clerk when swiping my card. I leave.

Prime benefits - EV Tax Credit, 15" Wheels
                  Prime Cons - Higher insurance ($400 a year), Register as an EV

I see California is flooded with 3rd gen plug ins. I scored a 4th gen advance model, I figured if I am going to have to drive a Prius, it better have all the options...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	589D7EBB-03BB-483C-8375-231F57BF2B6B.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	10114064
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      I never got the idea of a daily and a weekend car. Every day is a weekend when you're tearing around in a car you actually like, and every commute can be a race. Personally, it makes me sad that my touring now just sits in the time of salt. Despite the M40 it gets bounced off the limiter, launched, slid through double traffic circles, and run to top speed regularly.

Cars aren't forever, and neither are we, enjoy them thoroughly today before you can't.
                      Best fkn comment of the thread. Just swap summer to winter tires and rip the living piss out of it!!

"It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

This might sound crazy, ya'll, but after reading through 20 pages and 4 years of posts I have a novel suggestion:

AN E30!

They don't call it "God's Chariot" for nothin'!

Bought my second E30 in November, 2018. Sure, it spent its first year in the garage while I made everything right, but it starts up and boogies like it's 1988 every single day rain, snow, or shine. If it were to break down on the road I've got the background knowledge, a printed ETM, spare parts, and enough tools in the trunk to probably get it going again, too. What could be better than a daily you don't need to tow? Goal is a turbo DD and I'm nearly there.

*Switching to the Z3 rack made it the most limber thing. One finger u-turns in a residential.
                        *Classic German styling.
                        *Rips a canyon as good as anything else - come on, use that body roll for gains!
                        *It's literally the only car you'll see on the road every single day if you keep your eyes open for it, which means it was built like a tank
                        *If your city's road infrastructure and/or maintenance sucks nothing better than an E30 with a fkn skidplate. She'll take it all.

I'm singin' to the choir, here!

The proof is in the pudding:

I bought a cherry F80 two freaking years ago and I've dumped more money in mods into it than miles (4k miles in 2 years). It's great and it's fun in many ways, but try parking it! Try keeping your butthole from puckering up every time you even enter the parking lot. Try driving it on Bay Area or LA County roads/freeways without having pothole anxieties. It's not a DD by any means. My 1997 Suburban had a better turning radius!

With all that being said, I do have my eyes peeled for a 2016 6mt F10 M5, a true family DD saloon built to hold two children and a lovely wife. Will probably sell the F80 for it if I can find a good one. The Last of the Mohicans and, boy, are they hard to find.

*edit & P.S.: I'd still drive the E30 most days, just use the M5 for family stuff.
                        Last edited by E30Bastard; 02-10-2024, 03:12 PM.
                        "It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

I also think a 1st or 2nd gen manual 4cyl Ranger would an absolutely killer daily
                          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                            I also think a 1st or 2nd gen manual 4cyl Ranger would an absolutely killer daily
                            I think the Duratec powered models offer a massive upgrade as a DD. While the 2.3 Lima powered 89 I had in school might have squeaked out 2mpg better than my current 4.9 powered 95 F150 it was a worse vehicle in every other way.

It's funny how much I am continually drawn to E30s. Just bought an E46 at auction this AM and fully expected to replace/sell the E30 touring when the 330i is tagged. Yet, by the time I got home from a 160 mile trip in the E30 this evening I was scoping out where to park the truck in the driveway when it loses it's spot to the E46 while the E30 remains.

Anyway, yeah E30 daily, it's the way to go.

Comment

E30 will not be MY daily. I avg 25mph on my traffic and stoplight congested 8 mile commute, and I pick up the kiddo on the way home... if you’re fortunate enough to DD an E30, I tip my cap to you. Doesn’t work for me, especially in my current situation
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

E30Bastard does what’s hiding under the “drive tastefully” sticker ring a bell? 🤣😂
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X