Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roguetoaster
    replied
    TDIs and VAG, I see what you did there.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Oh yes, I guess I should answer part of the story that never came to fruition...

A C30 was on the list, but the 2door hatchback was a Beetle TDi. I really wanted to say that I had 2 modern New Beetles, a FF and RR. I can’t believe how stupid sellers are. I had money for a half dozen cool cars but they never replied to close a deal even when we had discussed a little and I was ready to buy. Oh well...

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Boltswagon, I can smell the crayons from here.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Congrats again man!

Hope it gives you many years of service without complaining too much.

So... LTWs, clears, and a drop?

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    I have missed so much here...

I knew you sold the i3 from either your instagram post or an automated BaT email but I'm sad I missed all the guessing.
    Reading through I was guessing one of those Volvo C30 2-dr hatchbacks...

Diesel should be great for the commute, especially living far away from the cold. Seems like a good shout.

I also have never flown to buy a car, but it's almost like a bucket list item.

Leave a comment:

• Panici
    replied
    Ooo love a diesel.
    That's a great group shot vibe.

Flying out is something I've never done to buy a car, but sounds like a fun time!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    And the Adventure itself! I wanted to get there early since I knew I had a long drive home.

Lyle (TDiFrontier on TDI Club) picked me up from the airport and we hit the road up North to Cottonwood, AZ. A nice view on the drive...

Nearly there, we were both needing a stop and seeing the local Filiberto's Taco Shop got me salivating. Was delicious!

Upon arrival, the dusty car was even dustier!

also Dusty was this Datsun 312 (I think)

[

Handed Henri (Middle guy) the cash and we took a quick group pic before we headed out

and then the long, journey home...

Fun note: I filled up the tank on the PHX side of the border. Proceeded to drive almost exactly 300 miles home and only took a 1/4 tank of fuel.

I'm pretty happy with it right now, but ...The countdown begins! I'm going to estimate this one hangs around for a few YEARS!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    3 months
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

He’s gonna try to surprise us.

8.5 months.
    Dang, so y'all think this car wont make it to 2025!?

Thats only like a few tanks of fuel in this car!...

Here it is! 2006 Jetta TDI with 230k on it and 3 pedals. Some worn interior & paint that's been baking in the AZ Sun, but she made the 500 mile drive home yesterday without skipping a beat.

Initial pics from the Ad

No plastic cover hiding this powerhaus

I didnt buy it sight unseen. I had Kevan check out the E46 wagon that had a blown motor and a buddy from the TDI Forums check out the TDI and based on their reactions and my own gut feeling I decided Sunday to buy t he plane ticket and fly out to Phoenix and get the TDI.

Already have some fun stuff coming, the usual MO based on all of my other DDs, but also cleaning up the interior a little. I will see what I can do about the paint.

Stay tuned for now!

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    3 months
    He’s gonna try to surprise us.

8.5 months.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    3 months

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Alright, I’ve made a decision.

In about 30 hours, I should have some pictures to show as wheels will be in motion tomorrow.

As usual, place your bets on how long this next daily will stick around. Price is right rules... closest without going over.

GO!

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    waitaminnit...

You had an e46 wagon...

So of that same vein? I'll offer another alternative.

1. Get older prius for daily duty and child transport duties. Get as new as budget allows.
    2. Keep 996 for as long as you keep cars - ala, enjoy it but we know it may not stick around for long.
    3. Acquire E30, sell 996 or keep it until e30 feelsgoodmannnn.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Got sidetracked with moving into a house and....shingles.... but there’s been some progress.

Basically down to doing the same dumbsh!t I’m used to doing or being smart.

(1) Buy something a little boring, efficient and ready to go, OR
    (2) Buy a project that will result in a badass, manual wagon... eventually

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I think the Duratec powered models offer a massive upgrade as a DD. While the 2.3 Lima powered 89 I had in school might have squeaked out 2mpg better than my current 4.9 powered 95 F150 it was a worse vehicle in every other way.
    They're not THAT bad

Doubt that number would be close on the highway.. I get like 20mpg going 70mph with a bunch of shit in the back. That 4.9 probably would get 10mpg LOL

It IS a great daily, but the duratec is way better when it comes to power, no hiding that.. but the lima is literally bullet proof...

I've been dailying my e30 the past 2 weeks and my god, it is just the best lol

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    E30 will not be MY daily. I avg 25mph on my traffic and stoplight congested 8 mile commute, and I pick up the kiddo on the way home... if you’re fortunate enough to DD an E30, I tip my cap to you. Doesn’t work for me, especially in my current situation
    No E30 will ever be an MY.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X