When you painted the engine bay did you remove the sound deadening from the firewall? Once I pulled my motor I was pleasantly surprised to see a rust free engine bay, then I peeled some of that foam firewall stuff and see surface rust. I got to tear it all out i think, hopefully it's replaceable. Nice project.
It's good to see shops that do that kind of work, do it well, and do it fast. 2500 aint bad really for the labor involved. Not that I could afford it, but I think that's reasonable.
few teaser shots of the upcoming project
Collapse
X
-
Any reason you chose a ratty Cabrio for the project.
No offense, just thought you might have snagged a nicer example.Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedSweet project! I'm very envious of your resources... :)
Sorry if I missed it, but what steering rack are you using?Leave a comment:
-
got the motor in, got the suspension and 5 lug swap sorted out, got the big Brembos on...


never mind the rims, they are there for rolling the car around the shop only






waiting on few more parts to fire up and start the motor...Leave a comment:
-
96 Yamaha Virago cruiser
97 kawasaki zx7-RR (custom 820cc motor, custom suspension, custom brakes, race body work, slicks, etc..) - track bike only
06 Yamaha R6 50th anniversary (full Akrapovic exhaust system, Dyno tunned chip, Ohlin race suspension, carbon fiber fenders, etc..)



Rui charges $2500 for the labor on s50 swap into the e30. You need additional $2k - 2.5k in parts (if you are going with brand new OEM parts) - new aluminum radiator, e34 Oil pan, new water and oil pumps, hoses, lines, brackets, etc. You can go with used parts and it will be cheaper. Then the cost of the s50 - it all depends how cheap you can find one.
The car will be a present to my wife. I already have 2 hard core race cars, so yes, this one will be an automatic for pleasure cruising in the summer. The engine will be mostly stock except for a few add-on goodies. Whoever says 240HP in an e30 cabrio is not enough, is kidding himself.Leave a comment:
-
I would say ACS 3 piece rims!
It's going to be automatic your cabrio? Are you going to leave the engne stock?Leave a comment:
-
2 questions, what are the motorcycles? and how much does an average s50 swap cost?Leave a comment:
-
thats the BTS-7511 the bilstin set, i have the same set up. you'll be very happy with them. i am at leastLeave a comment:
-
Vlad, you and your cars are so wrong in so many good ways. I guess i'll just have to burn in hell for all the envy I have for you and Ryan.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks guys !
I could get a real E30 M3 Cabrio, but I didn't want it, I am not a purist. I wanted to build the car to my own specs , the way I like it and the way I will enjoy it, that's all. It's not going to be a race car, it will be a summer cruiser which will look & perform great ! Ryan, e30 top down summer cruise, are you interested? :rofl:
what rims should I use on the cabrio ?


Hey Vlad,
I say run the nogaro silver style 5's they will fit the car better than any other rim, trust me I have put a bunch of different wheels on mine and the basketweave design looks the best! As for that summer cruise, I would say yes but there may be a "change of plans" I'll let everyone know when it is finally done"
On another note, do you know of any decent s50/s52 motors for sale. U.S. spec, and transmission, and ECU? Maybe Rui knows of one for sale. I also will have the S14 from nicks old car for sale soon and the transmission from that car too. Let me know! Thanks Bud!
RyanLeave a comment:
-
What Ferrari red? Different years had different shades. Cool though.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: