No announcement yet.

The Super Nuova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't expect to like the amber, but it does look better.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Amber does work well. Are you sure that panel is for an Alfa, it doesn't even have surface rust.

Comment

I wasnt sure how I was going to feel about the amber either, but I think the contrast works. Plus I still have the old clear ones.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Amber does work well. Are you sure that panel is for an Alfa, it doesn't even have surface rust.
        They all start with no rust. I will see if it starts rusting in the next month while it sits in the garage

Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          They all start with no rust. I will see if it starts rusting in the next month while it sits in the garage
          Maybe the plan is to make new panels out of incompatible materials to promote corrosion, you know, for that authentic Alfa experience.

Comment

Finished the seat install over the weekend and was going to take the car for a canyon run but during my pre-flight check I noticed something missing...

Asked a few Alfisti and made a call to Redline Weber who referred me to TopEnd Performancewho didn’t seem thrilled at all to help, but $25+tax and $13 shipping and I got my replacement cap...in this bigass box

I’ll be at the French / Italian Car show this weekend, hope to see some of y’all there too. Might make it to the SoCal Vintage BMW show the day before too
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Best of France and Italy car show was today at Woodley Park in Van Nuys.

Met up with some guys with newer Alfa’s to caravan up. This particular Ti was an exact color combo match inside and out.

Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Another video done, lots of footage from the Best of French and Italian show.

Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

seat looks great, needs a passenger to match now.

love to see it simon!

Comment

Quite a busy ~24 hours or so from Friday to Saturday .

I was scheduled for a ‘TIG101’ class taught by Jake aka @flyingdutchmanindustries (on Instagram). Due to an early start Saturday I decided I would head down to San Diego and spend the night at my brothers and have a much shorter drive in the morning. I also got a chance to meet up with an AlfaBB member and see if we were fortunate enough to have the offsetting mismatched, which we sadly didn’t. We both had the same mismatched stuff. Bummer, but it was great to meet Steve and chat. It was also a nice break on the traffic riddled Friday night drive. He owns a great Giulia Super, but also a B-Sedan prepped 2002 and bought a sweet S54 swapped E30.

Meanwhile at my brothers, It was the first time the car was parked outside, overnight...my car was mad about it and left a mark to remind us.

So the next morning I drove up to San Marcos and had a great day getting some good education about welding before taking a long journey all the way home.

​

All in all, I think I put 300 milesin those 24 hours varying from stop and go, to 80mph+, to slow climbs up dark roads and even some offroading.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Never heard of those sessions before, how was it? I'm curious to try it now since I'm right here in San Marcos.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                        Never heard of those sessions before, how was it? I'm curious to try it now since I'm right here in San Marcos.
                        100% worth it, especially if you have some stuff to weld in the near future. He does them once a month, and its only $100. Find him on IG and tell him I sent ya

He also does a metal shaping class, but its a lot more expensive and I think its 2 or 3 days in length. Once I have another project I will try and take that class too
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

100% worth it, especially if you have some stuff to weld in the near future. He does them once a month, and its only $100. Find him on IG and tell him I sent ya

He also does a metal shaping class, but its a lot more expensive and I think its 2 or 3 days in length. Once I have another project I will try and take that class too
                          Thanks for the input, it sounds useful. Perhaps I'll sign up for that January session. Can't wait to see more from this thread!

Comment

Went on the final drive for 2021, stopped at Malibu Kitchen and though the visitors have dropped since the Sheriffs got all "high and mighty" recently I still got to see a the Guntherworks Speedster. Pretty slick car, but I was more excited to see this Alpine on PCH. I've seen him before, usually in the canyons and not at the C&C. We took our usual route, but in reverse just to get a different view.

You guys only get this view. Enjoy!

In other news, my steering wheel has finally arrived from Australia!.. but I cannot install it yet. The M6 (Im guessing) bolts for the Hub do not go through the steering wheel itself, so Im not sure what to do. The wheel needs to be refinished also, so this whole project might take a little longer and will probably be a side project while the car is in the air...

One drive left on New Years Day and then its wheels up, grinder out... eek!
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

gorgeous car.

i need to pull my mig out and get going. best i can do is stick two pieces of metal together ugly. tig is few rungs above my ladder, congrats on the class and new skills.

Comment

One drive left on New Years Day and then its wheels up, grinder out... eek!
                                Let's keep you motivated, what's your time frame for the panel replacement work?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X