• Show
Clear All

^^^ Totes.

=======

Happy Image:

=======

Sad image.

========

So of course, the first cars and coffee I took it to, with our rock filled highways/freeways a rock cracked my pass side bosch euro ellipsoid. I think it happened on the way back from said C&C event.

Thankfully local e30 friend has a spare for me.Yes, laminx was on my todo list, shoulda known better, but with all the e30s I've owned this is the first time a headlight was killed by a rock. :(

========

Is this still the best solution to protect headlights? https://lamin-x.com/bmw-3-series-82-...ht-covers.html
    --- Looks like I'll need (2) sets for all 4 lights, I've read differing opinions on these, bubbling, etc. Any tricks? Should I have a PPF installer do their own PPF/double up?

I think I'm gonna do the "new/projector" mod at the same time, anyone have any experience with the kit that a guy has been selling? He's been posting I think on here, reddit, facebook, etc.

Links:

His site: https://www.esgprints.com/
    Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/E30/comment...ofit_adapters/
    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 04-06-2022, 01:36 PM.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I've got a set of his adapters installed and am very happy with them.
      IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

A cat on a leash??

That Lamin-x is a good option because it is a bit thicker than regular PPF but it can/will bubble/lift around the edges randomly. If you carefully use a heat gun it can be put back in place easily...would be interested to hear if a good PPF installer would have similar performing material or, as you mention, double-up the film.

Comment

Originally posted by KI4UJO View Post
          I've got a set of his adapters installed and am very happy with them.
          Good to hear, I'll likely be ordering soon. Which kit did you get?

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
          A cat on a leash??

That Lamin-x is a good option because it is a bit thicker than regular PPF but it can/will bubble/lift around the edges randomly. If you carefully use a heat gun it can be put back in place easily...would be interested to hear if a good PPF installer would have similar performing material or, as you mention, double-up the film.
          Yeah, he jumped out right in front of my car, clearly appreciating the fine automobile.

That's what I've read too, I reached out to a PPF installer I used on a previous vehicle for his input too.

Comment

I am running the depo adapters with Morimoto V7.0 projectors that I picked up a few years ago.
            IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

I have a kit ready to go on my E30 Depo’s and have had other morimoto retrofits. They are awesome! I’ve applied sheet laninx and use trim ring to help hold it down, way better than the precut stuff.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Is that the same guy who used to sell moriomoto adapters on here?
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

==============================

Not really an update, more notes mostly for myself.

==============================

Maintenance:

So the car has a faint gas smell, only really exists when in the garage/sits in confined space, and it slowly builds. I think maybe it's the evap cannister as I can't find any leaks anywhere. It's more present under the hood.

No visible leak/smell near fuel filter (underneath) or smells inside of car.

The lines are likely all nearly 30 years old, so going to start looking for replacements and do some "while I'm in there" sort of replacements.

Someday this thing will get an engine swap, but for now until I have more of a shop/space for that, just going to keep the engine as tidy as I can within reason. I don't want to make this thing sit and not be able to enjoy it.

==================

Lights:

I was able to snag an already modified set of Euro Hella's from Gabe (https://www.esgprints.com/) - so I'll actually be able to see at night, which is nice.

So my OE Euro Bosch will be backups, and got a replacement bosch low to replace the broken one.

Both sets will be getting ppf'd with 10mil from my local PPF/Ceramic detail guy who did the whole front end of my FK8. I don't want another broken light.

May also pick up a smoked set, then I'm done buying lights.

==================

Suspension:

Still at a cross roads, I'm either going 5 lug or staying 4 lug.

This is silly, but suspension will likely be built around the wheels.

Still heavily considering and likely going air-ride.

Leaning towards staying 4 lug since these euro weaves are too nice and I don't need bugg brakes really until the engine swap happens.

So grabbing a baller set of 16s or 17s depending on price and availability may be the ticket, with the stock 15s as the 2nd set.

I'd like better braking performance, it has new brakes (rotors/pads) but may look at refurbishment in this area or other options.

==================

Interior:

Current interior is cloth seats, comfort front, black door panels.

Also not sure what I want to do here, have a lead on a design edition, but shipping is costly.

Got a few local possibilities to get sport seat "cores" so to speak for said design edition interior

... but it may end up being a bit more than I'd like to spend to get sports, get the design edition, and have it all done.

I could just get sport fronts or something else (aftermarket) for the front to tie it into the current interior.

Tint --- Looking at something light but definitely ceramic for UV and less heat getting in.

==================

Stereo:

At least one of the speakers has a bad / fading connection, may upgrade all.

Headunit/Stereo/Deck - Older aftermarket tape unit. I like the idea of one of the BMW OE decks with bluetooth, that would satisfy my needs. Less fancy, more OE, less chance of someone seeing something they want to break a window for.

I don't need subs, would rather just have good SQ and mids etc.

==================

Exterior:

She has some areas that need attention, I've given her a decent wash, and is now protected under a cover or in the garage.

I'd like to get some maintenance and suspension done then I'll be looking at getting some of the paint areas addressed.

There is a chance we will build onto current house, with bigger garage. If that happens all of the vehicles could be safe in a garage space which would be nice, so I'd like to hold off on paint work until we decide on this.
                  Last edited by DEV0 E30; 07-14-2022, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Cross posting (5 Lug Thread Here)

==============================================

Decided against 5-Lug.

Staying 4-Lug for the considerable future.

==============================================
                    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 05-17-2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I don't have any experience with the hubs Timm sells, but I do have these myself:

Wheel Hub Set for BMW E30 Conversion Kit Hole Circle conversion from 4x100 to 5x120 Plug & Play | eBay

I haven't tested them yet since my car is in a million parts right now (rust repairs and respray). But, with that said, I'm going to run E30 M3 280 mm brake discs in the front with Ford Focus calipers, which is almost bolt on. Bolt pattern is nearly identical.
                      Mapco even produces a 5x120 brake disc now, så you can just run the stock E30 caliper.

Above hub is 5x120 only and not as sketchy as the hubs with both patterns.

@e30797 at instragram is running with the Mapco hubs.

Comment

Well after being distracted by just driving the Si every day, I sold it to not stretch my time between 3 cars for myself, down to just two now. E30 and LX.

===========================

Spreadsheet, a little bit of service booklet + wishlist.

===========================
                        Last edited by DEV0 E30; 05-17-2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

If it's not too hot, which I'm sure it is.. I'd pinch off the line going to the canister to rule it out.

With a liquid fuel leak, there should be visible evidence of a leak, even after drying from my experience

Edit;

My 2 cents- M20 swap :)
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            If it's not too hot, which I'm sure it is.. I'd pinch off the line going to the canister to rule it out.

With a liquid fuel leak, there should be visible evidence of a leak, even after drying from my experience

Edit;

My 2 cents- M20 swap :)
                            Haha, yeah it's pretty hot. 110 currently. I could do that, so run it, park it in the garage, and pinch the line with some tool? Not a bad idea.

That's the the thing, I wasn't sure where the leak was (pretty much present since I bought the car) if it sits in a confined area.

After it sitting outside under a cover, what I thought was the only leak showed itself, one of the main lines was leaking.

Replaced all 3, no visible leaks. Remained outside overnight, rechecked for leaks, nothing. Drove it to work and back. Parked in garage, after about an hour gas smell returned and my wife smelled it through the door.

As posted above - I've ordered the injector o-rings, and the rare m40 intake gaskets, and other things - so I'll do those all at once, along with the short 2" lines under the intake. Hoping these solve it.

Comment

Is the fuel tank full? If it is, I'd be tempted to look at the top of the fuel tank to see if the o'ring is leaking where the fuel pump fits. I know this area is harder to get to on the Touring, but you might have to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
                                Is the fuel tank full? If it is, I'd be tempted to look at the top of the fuel tank to see if the o'ring is leaking where the fuel pump fits. I know this area is harder to get to on the Touring, but you might have to do it.
                                It is pretty full. I had forgotten about the pump o-ring. I think tourings still have the access panel like most, but I've not checked since owning this. Another area to check and probably just replace to for sure. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X