Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2mAn
    replied
    Ok, back home... but car isn't so I'm going to keep the details on the dyno hostage until I can also include a 'driving review' likely to be later in the week, than earlier. Driving up from Los Angeles to NorCal on Friday so I can also add (later) how it does on the freeway.

    To distract you from that for just a moment I have been slowly trying to upgrade the factory speakers knowing that the extent of this stereo system will be the Blaupunkt Headunit, its 4 outputs and ~35W/ channel... Ok! All that to explain that my most recent side-project was to upgrade the rear premium speaker setup to this Hertz component setup. Was nearly an easy swap, but was easy enough to do while watching a World Cup game in the background.







    The "prep" that JMP is doing, in addition to the dyno, was the Power steering install, but I had them go over the car to make sure I can make my "1000 mile" excursion without issue. So now this looksie- track prep includes Stainless Steel brake lines, and replacing my worn OEM engine mounts with some Condor Mounts. I was a little hesitant on the Condor mounts, but I will wait until after the excursion to decide if they are staying or not. Also having them peak at what's going on with the e-brake as of all the things... is one of the most annoying things about this car.

    Stay tuned kids, I think you will like what I have been hiding from you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Sounds good! Like the bit of a rasp that just kicks in at the end of the pull. Not too crazy but still throaty.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    All of this is happening while Im quite a ways away from the car.


    You’ll get graphs and more when I want to give them to you …

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    no footage of dyno numbers

    ban yourself
    He missed the run/skip/jump over to the screen for sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    no footage of dyno numbers

    ban yourself

    Leave a comment:


  • Hrodebert
    replied
    Me like the noise

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Here you go…enjoy

    ">
    " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Still cooking them beans

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    spill the beans

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Panici

    Simon show us the real numbers!
    I promise you that these are actual dyno numbers for my 325es

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Come on 2mAn , we can see that a different graph from your screenshot!

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Similar power to a stock 1.6L miata, but you figure an extra 500-600lbs on the E30.

    Edit: I don't know if I can trust that graph. Revved out to 8500rpm on the bottom axis?

    Simon show us the real numbers!

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    very stable torque curve

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    he showed me

    it was like 87whp @ 4500 and 146 lb ft
    FINE!!! but it was 89-90whp DICK, dont shortchange me

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    he showed me

    it was like 87whp @ 4500 and 146 lb ft

    Leave a comment:

Working...