Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mmoyer11
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn

    I want to use the car more often and it’s been a bit of a pain with the e46 rack and No PS.

    If the car has a weak dyno number I may reconsider my decision, but I don’t think I’ll have to worry, especially when I am not fighting the car to park
    U r committed. I think the last car I ran w no PS was a silver swap car in 2017…it did not work out like I wanted It to 70% of the time….the city is not the place. Parallel parking was arm day…oy vey

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo
    I thought I read you were doing a none power e30 steering? I did that on my e21 Alpina B6 2.8. I regret at the time. I want to see the dyno graph.
    I want to use the car more often and it’s been a bit of a pain with the e46 rack and No PS.

    If the car has a weak dyno number I may reconsider my decision, but I don’t think I’ll have to worry, especially when I am not fighting the car to park

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn

    I checked the fuses and they are good. The rest of the Cluster works so not sure its the SI Batteries... possible bad connection. At one point is was a little intermittent, then its just stopped completely.

    In other news, I dropped the car off at JMP Auto to install Power Steering and also dyno the car. Im expecting some BIG numbers from the M20.




    I thought I read you were doing a none power e30 steering? I did that on my e21 Alpina B6 2.8. I regret at the time. I want to see the dyno graph.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    Everyone waiting for Simon to finally dyno this thing, and stop talking about it

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	115
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	10163068

    Leave a comment:


  • mmoyer11
    replied
    Rad

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nomics
    If you have more specifics about how your tach doesn't work and what kind it is I can help troubleshoot.
    I checked the fuses and they are good. The rest of the Cluster works so not sure its the SI Batteries... possible bad connection. At one point is was a little intermittent, then its just stopped completely.

    In other news, I dropped the car off at JMP Auto to install Power Steering and also dyno the car. Im expecting some BIG numbers from the M20.





    Leave a comment:


  • Nomics
    replied
    Hey, I see my schematic is posted here. I don't have a facebook page for Reans yet but you can find my personal account under Reagan Ansel (the name on the schematic). If you have more specifics about how your tach doesn't work and what kind it is I can help troubleshoot.

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    funny that you ask about the tach, i just looked at this thread:
    Any interest in e30 cluster gauges testing info (speedo/tach/fuel/temp) - R3VLimited Forums

    buy a cheap signal generator from amazon and go to town. my bet is a broken solder joint (touch it with a soldering iron to reflow) or a broken wire/plug on the diff.

    does cruise control require working ABS? i know the ABS relay under the dash has a fuse in it, you can bypass it to an external fuse if needed.

    Leave a comment:


  • BadDays
    replied
    I'm picking up a friend's used cowcatcher for 250 bucks including fog lamps but I have instructions on how to install it thanks to one bmw service notice that is pinned on my wall lol, However I do know a guy who works on these clusters so here's a image pulled from his website. Credit goes to Reagen Anills.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW_E30_Early_Cluster_Tachometer_260604_130519.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	10162190

    I believe you can message him on facebook if you wish regarding questions about your gauge cluster.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    So I have a track day in about a month. Going to Sonoma Raceway, which as a kid who grew up in Northern California, is another bucket list. I managed to convince my brother to join me but instead of bringing his 190e 2.3-16 he's going to bring his 987.2 Boxster S. He will have a major advantage on the power side of things, but this is only his second track day. Trying to get him to bring his Benz to the next planned event a Chuckwalla later on...

    Anyways, heres the goals I have for myself between now and then:
    (1) Get the tach working... is there an easy solution VS sending out the cluster to someone? Can I just R&R something??
    (2) Get the cruise control working. This starts with finally feeding the connector into the compartment.
    (3) Finish installing the rear component speakers in the car. Its a solid ~5+ hours driving so I am trying to make the boring drive, less boring. Its still going to suck driving because July in Central California means I will likely be in 100 degree weather for an extended period of time.
    (4) Hopefully getting the front control arms replaced as JMP mentioned that they should be replaced soon.
    (5) MAYBE get the Cowcatcher brake ducts installed, though the inner fender liner side is missing on mine so not sure this will happen.
    Last edited by 2mAn; 06-04-2026, 02:30 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Martini CoPilot.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	10161687

    CoPilot didnt totally follow my instructions, but may have done enough to convince me to do it haha
    Gemini works better for that stuff. See below, it may have replaced me with some old dude, scaled a little off, and forgotten the Mazda badge, but it did a surprisingly passable job of putting my FD in the place of my E30 from this picture of me driving tail of the dragon. With better prompting it probably would have been pretty tough to distinguish from real.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Gemini_Generated_Image_4mmf9o4mmf9o4mmf.png
Views:	270
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	10161852

    Click image for larger version

Name:	j2WIWBy.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	10161851

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    So planning some plastic bumbners and rear valance? Dig.

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    the PN for the oil level sensor plug should be 1-962581-2. You'll also need the boot (880811-2), sockets (962842-1), and seals (828904-2). You can buy it from mouser or digikey. Also, you can ask for a sample and they may send you one for free...

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Martini CoPilot.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	10161687

    CoPilot didnt totally follow my instructions, but may have done enough to convince me to do it haha

    Leave a comment:


  • calvino
    replied
    For the reservoir pigtail you should be able to chop that from a z3 or e34 in a yard. Bmw still sells the pedal bushings or at least they did 2 years ago when I did mine.

    Leave a comment:

Working...