Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • s14brent
    replied
    oh i completely understand unfortunately......still a riot!!

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by s14brent
    yess!! trackside pics ftw! hope you're hooked!
    I love going to the track, just difficult to find time for it... I'm hoping for 2 more days this YEAR lol

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    15x7 Koseis on 205/55/15s and going back to regular shocks and springs has been a dream. I don't miss my 5-lug setup on BCs at all. And the stock brakes are more then enough for my street driving, as so many people on the forums have repeated at nauseum whenever someone asks about if they need brake upgrades. I will be joining that preaching group going forward.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern

    I think they look like it.

    I like the idea, but I think they need to make some in 15x8 with a decent offset and weight. I can't deal with 16" tires anymore.
    dude for real.

    it’s slim pickings right now for 16s…

    Leave a comment:


  • s14brent
    replied
    yess!! trackside pics ftw! hope you're hooked!

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by Hrodebert
    Are those the RML Big bottlecaps ?
    I think they look like it.

    I like the idea, but I think they need to make some in 15x8 with a decent offset and weight. I can't deal with 16" tires anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • max.rodriguezzz
    replied
    Good pics XD I thought about going to the mid town meet but I was worried I wouldn't see anyone I knew. No friends + no bmw at the bmw meet, I was nervous lol. Shoulda known you'd be there.. next time

    Leave a comment:


  • Hrodebert
    replied
    Are those the RML Big bottlecaps ?

    Leave a comment:


  • grandeswag
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    This was my choice of vehicle to take a pic of... anyone know this color? I didn't see the owner so couldn't ask him. Bahama Beige?


    Luxorbeige?

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Ended up going with these two pics from CAL-Photography... kinda disappointing the quality of the pics but whatever... Got my trackside pics.





    In other news, the Mid-City gtg was Friday night, so I used that as an excuse to finally wash the car again. Was good meeting ya calvino



    Good turnout as usual.


    This was my choice of vehicle to take a pic of... anyone know this color? I didn't see the owner so couldn't ask him. Bahama Beige?

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn


    These have really grown on me.
    But if ever there were a car to slam into a wall, one of these would be it. I mean financially it isn't ideal, but you'd probably be fine and could go right back to the dealer and buy another.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by max.rodriguezzz

    The radiator temp sensor is for the aux fan.That aux fan is meant to turn on when the A/C is on, and that radiator temp sensor is meant to force that aux fan on if needed, like in an overheating condition.

    The gauge cluster temp sender (to the gauge cluster) is the brown sensor on the tstat housing.
    Makes sense... especially since there is no aux fan on the car haha

    Leave a comment:


  • max.rodriguezzz
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn

    Thanks for that. The passenger side is pretty well solved. Makes sense too since the A/C has been removed, same with the washer reservoir... as for the driverside, I am very curious how my temp gauge is wired because mine works and registers, but if those are the wires and they aren't connected to anything....

    One of the few things I want to figure out is the coolant reservoir light. Early model would've been on the pass side somewhere and needs to be run to the driverside since my car has a late model reservoir.
    The radiator temp sensor is for the aux fan.That aux fan is meant to turn on when the A/C is on, and that radiator temp sensor is meant to force that aux fan on if needed, like in an overheating condition.

    The gauge cluster temp sender (to the gauge cluster) is the brown sensor on the tstat housing.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by max.rodriguezzz

    What I can confidently answer for you right now -

    passenger side engine bay:

    - those 2 brown = washing fluid pump
    - that 2 spade pin whote connector = the pressure switch from the drier receiver into the chassis harness
    - that circular singular black one = proboaby ac compressor related? or maybe ambient air temp sensor?

    the radiator temp sensor 3 wires are = black, green/black, brown/black
    - pin 1 = green.black
    - pin 2 = brown/black
    - pin 3 = black
    Thanks for that. The passenger side is pretty well solved. Makes sense too since the A/C has been removed, same with the washer reservoir... as for the driverside, I am very curious how my temp gauge is wired because mine works and registers, but if those are the wires and they aren't connected to anything....

    One of the few things I want to figure out is the coolant reservoir light. Early model would've been on the pass side somewhere and needs to be run to the driverside since my car has a late model reservoir.

    Leave a comment:


  • max.rodriguezzz
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn

    Yes, no reason to buy several...

    Cross-posting this here, but made its own thread just in case someone actually searches for similar answers down the road. Basically, the never-ending project of trying to un-fuq the E30, I am trying to identify a bunch of various connectors.

    Group 1 is behind the dash in the glovebox area.

    This group sort-of looked like it would go behind the HVAC panel, but the blue connector should be for the Cruise Control Module, the others... no idea.


    Pretty sure I have a few of these identified. 2 wires for glovebox light, rectangle connector for the flashlight, but the rest?...


    Finally theres this. No clue at all. These wires/ connector are literally coming off the ECU!



    Now we switch to under the hood. This group is on the passenger side. I believe the boot-ed 2 pin connector is for the coolant that would've gone on the side of the radiator IF mine had the original early model setup, but mine has the late model radiator and reservoir. The long-ish chewed up connector SHOULD be for the exterior temp sensor, yes?

    Those 2 wires Im holding... no idea?... Notice anything else?




    Now, switch to the driverside. Similar connector to the pass side, but theres a bridged connector too...


    and after a few minutes of searching around via links provided by AWDBOB, and some more browsing on ebay, I found an actuator and it turned out to be SUPER local to me... went and got both the actuator AND the module for $80 which seems like the right price...


    Starting from here:


    We move under the dash to this connector.


    The other side is under the engine bay right now, but I still need some more time to find the hole in the firewall I need to feed it through...


    So for now, it sits here...

    The Actuator connects to here and basically heads to the throttle body. Notice the tight fit to the garagistic strut bar... yes, I broke the plastic trying to bend the metal.


    Theres the module which is mounted in the glovebox area to the blue connector pictured above. Here it is "mounted"


    SO what else is needed for this to work?... (1) Plug it in, after finding the hole and routing the wiring to the connector, (2) Who knows! ... that might be it! ...(3) fix more broken stuff and find the homes for all those loose wires...

    What I can confidently answer for you right now -

    passenger side engine bay:

    - those 2 brown = washing fluid pump
    - that 2 spade pin whote connector = the pressure switch from the drier receiver into the chassis harness
    - that circular singular black one = proboaby ac compressor related? or maybe ambient air temp sensor?

    the radiator temp sensor 3 wires are = black, green/black, brown/black
    - pin 1 = green.black
    - pin 2 = brown/black
    - pin 3 = black

    Leave a comment:

Working...