Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Panici
    What kind of clear did you use?
    Sucks that it threw off the colourmatch.
    Yea it sucks, I used Duplicolor 1K Gloss in a can... lame

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    What kind of clear did you use?
    Sucks that it threw off the colourmatch.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    One of the annoying items on the car was a sunroof panel that was rusting from within. Some larger bumps would shower me with lovely rust dust... so luckily the car included a replacement rust-free sunroof panel and some alpine white paint. After painting it, the color was a great match however it didn't have a glossy finish. Adding a few coats of clearcoat somehow added a yellow-ish tint ... sigh...

    Regardless I had been sitting on this part waiting for the motivation and finally found it. Got the old panel off, but with a slight issue. The retaining nut was turning inside the housing so I tried to cut the head of the bolt off since I had a spare... but the heat actually melted the plastic that was holding the nut


    And Now its out, and in the trash


    Installed a brand new sunroof seal


    I guess this is better

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	10150409

    Same pic?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	69dc2c6b0a272fcf00ac2a979bbe4266.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	10150421
    Feel like this comment deserved the full meme, and I was bored​

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	119
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	10150409​

    Same pic?

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    You can see my bait on the trunklid... and also a few other things

    Leave a comment:


  • prisonerofdoom83
    replied
    My friend Andy was parked right next to you . I was so mad I couldn’t make it blue touring with the style 5s
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    That's pretty cool to see an internet personality in real life. The closest I've got lately is seeing a random dude wearing a Tony Angelo sweatshirt the other day.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    I explored splitting it, but figured I would end up with a broken grille VS a PITA masking job doing a 'good enough' refresh on the grille... chose the latter

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Panici
    Just saw this thread!
    Looking good so far. Makes me miss driving my E30, need to get it out next summer.

    Too late now, but I could have sworn the grille splits apart. I don't remember masking off the chrome when I painted mine.
    The grill does come apart, if you drill out the plastic sort of spot welds.

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Just saw this thread!
    Looking good so far. Makes me miss driving my E30, need to get it out next summer.

    Too late now, but I could have sworn the grille splits apart. I don't remember masking off the chrome when I painted mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    SoCal Vintage was great as usual, but sadly I was there for only about 100 minutes. This pic at the entrance is a good snap shot of the variety you see. My POS, a Baur & a RHD Touring.



    I spent more time chatting with friends than actually looking at BMWs... oh well, at least I remembered to take a pic of my car.



    On my way home, I saw Mr Speeeeeeeeed Co himself James Pumphrey. He was also at the show and departed early. Bad pic, because Im not a photographer... and was driving.

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Seeing the difference between the painted and non-painted sections of your grill makes me think I should probably paint my grill.

    Your car is coming along nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    good on you for posting more than one photo of your car every two years
    The real shocker is if I can keep a car for more than 2 years!

    Which reminds me, MrBurgundy today marks 2 months of ownership and its still here. You owe me a coke

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    good on you for posting more than one photo of your car every two years

    Leave a comment:

Working...