Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Meat-flange - an Australian story that doesn't involve Nicole Fucking Kidman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4gte or whatever the motor in an eclipse is called.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
      A Buick 3800, and you're lying about overhead cams.
      I will NOT fit a moomang engine to a BMW. Never.

Just listen to this down syndrome cow having a fit...
      Taxi anyone? Yeah, okay so it's a six cylinder VN doing a burnout, but still worth watching.
      Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        4gte or whatever the motor in an eclipse is called.
        4G63 was my first thought too, but if he said under 3.8 liters and it's a 2 liter, well that's just shitty (and the 4g has been done a few times, I was shooting for something obscure). Likewise with the SR20/CA18 deal.

Originally posted by Iain View Post
        I will NOT fit a moomang engine to a BMW. Never.

Just listen to this down syndrome cow having a fit...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLCtxx5zCck
        Haha, it sounds like shit, but it's no secret that a turbo 3800 will go like stink.
        Last edited by Wh33lhop; 05-25-2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I've posted on here before about my dislike of SR20s, and the 4G63 really isn't light enough for me to get excited about it - for a 4-cylinder, it's bloody heavy. I'll give you guys a hint: it has 6-cylinders, is factory forced induction, and I rate it as a better swap option than a Nissan RB or Toyota JZ.

Games are fun! :D
          Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Euro, American, Japanese?....

And as a side note, I was REALLY, REALLY hoping someone would sig that idiot's statement... Bravo

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
            Originally posted by DTM190
            "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

VaG30?
              Would be fitting :p
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
              first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Japanese
                V6
                Under 3.5L
                Compact
                Light
                Cheap
                Handle 500rwhp on stock internals

*edit* G-burger - not a VG30. Close, though. This engine is factory single turbo. ;)
                Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Boom! VQ30DET. I approve, great motor. Can't believe I forgot about it.

Comment

the turbo 6 from some galant VR4's?
                    i got nothing :(

edit: didn't see the close to VG30 statement

Comment

6g7
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
                      first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

VQ30DET = winner, winner, chicken dinner!
                        Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

MS 2.7i m20 with ITBs and 14 guagues

Comment

This is the car that inspired me.
                            This

in this

Originally posted by JZK25
                            I've been curious about these VQ30DET's for a while and one came up cheap at my importer so I bought it so I could have a look over it.

Here's a wiki link with the bore/stroke comp ratio and donor cars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine#VQ30DET

The engine is all alloy with a corset sump and a tin pan. They are front sump only afaik. The turbo is similiar to an R34 turbo but has an odd exhaust housing to position it on the side of the engine. There is a rear crossover pipe from right to left where the turbo is mounted.

The turbo has a nylon compressor and presumably a ceramic turbine. Comp inducer is 48mm and exhaust exducer is 40mm. It's no monster.

The sump is fairly flat with a relief for the steering rack.

Here's a pic with a 2JZ alloy corset next to it showing the length difference.

This is the inside of the tiny plenum. It's a ghey looking thing that faces backwards and then turns around to face the front.

Here's the lower half with the plenum top off. Looks pretty good in there. Also shows the length of the engine.

A few more shots to show dimensions.

It's pretty compact with all the crap stripped off it.

I measured it up at 630mm from sump to top of chain cover.(plenum will add to this height?
                            Chain cover left to right(widest point of bare engine) is 600mm.
                            Bellhousing to front pulley is 520mm.

The engine sits very forward in it's original home because of the massive covers over the rear exhaust crossover. I would remove these and remake the exhaust with a decent turbo up front like TJ's mates R32. Then the engine could sit behind the front axle line.

Here's one sitting in a 240Z.

On the electronics side of things there are 3 crank sensors. The flex plate has 360 teeth with a reluctor. The crank pulley had 3 teeth at 120degrees with an extra tooth next to one to mark TDC, also reluctor. The cam pulley has a series of lobes with spaces between that identify specific cylinders. The lobes are set out like this. 1 lobe - 4 lobes - 5 lobes - 2 lobes -3 lobes - 6 lobes. That's obviously the firing order. Seems like a reluctor version of the full sequential RB optical sensors.
                            Injectors are side feed ala RB25. No idea on size. Idel control is stepper motor with additional idle ups for A/C. The original ecu uses a single AFM.

I could see one of these set right back in an R32 or S13 engine bay with a snesible sized turbo in front of the engine. Would have great weight balance and lots of power. Sounds perfect for a ghey drift car.
                            Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

So are you implying you are making a ghey drift car? Really is a great engine, but tbh it doesn't matter what you use, it will be awesome and make more skids than the dole bludgers do babies
                              - Chris
                              Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

No, I'm implying I'm turning my BMW into a 1981 Datsun Bluebird with bigs'n'littles.

The big ticks for me come from the fact the VQ is light, sits far back in the engine bay and it'll make the power I want far cheaper than an M52 will.
                                Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Working...
                                X