Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    Get a Guard roller...MAKE them fit :D
    Guard rolling isn't the issue, the size of the tyre is physically bigger than standard which will probly cause scrubbing on the inside, not a big issue really. Main problem will be how far away from the strut the wheel sits. I'll find out in the next few days when my wheels show up :p

Turbo M42 Build thread:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Well I recon with the wheels specs you've suggested you should have plenty of room on the inside. The tyre being taller and hitting the spring seat may be an issue though. But you will definitely be messing with guards.
      - Chris
      Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Yeah thats what i figured, the guards will be getting done regardless. I knew they would need doing before I bought the wheels :P.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Have recently made some progress with this! I pulled the sump out over the weekend and working on getting the shape right. I didn't get pictures as it was dark by the end but I have got the lower section of the sump shaped correctly and tacked in place so I can make the upper front half :)
          - Chris

Comment

this build is sick. Its all about turbo m42 FTW!!!

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Haha, thanks man.

Roughed out the front pieces for the sump this evening. Need more daylight so I can put it back in the front cut to finalise it a bit more.

Making steady progress.
              - Chris

Comment

Looks damned good mate!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Cheers mate.

More progress tonight. Got the majority of the pickup bowled over. Got to figure out where the hole in the engine is before I can go much further. Job for the weekend me thinks. After that bit is done I need to do the baffles and the dipstick.

A shot without the windage tray in, don't mind the props:

And with the windage tray on its starting to look the biz:

- Chris

Comment

Finally got my hands on the pictures from Tamworth a few weeks ago. If you can't tell I was having a ton of fun :)

And two gif files I put together of a couple of sequences. Pretty cool I thought.

- Chris

Comment

Hey guys just thought I'd mention I'm going to Eastern Creek tomorrow, ya'll welcome to come stickee beek....
                      - Chris

Comment

Plenty of pictures will be getting around the net of me strutting my stuff. Already have the first delivery of sideways :) Also got a GoPro in for the ride, hoping to edit the film up a bit and throw that up on youtube tonight.

Was great fun. The car is pretty loose on the Khumo KU36's, but I was still entering turn 1 flat out, all be it 5km/h faster...175km/h :crazy: pretty fun going round that 4 wheel drifting. Intense amount of clenching also.

Between the front sway bar doing it's job proper, slipperier tyres and 2" extra track width though I found .9 of a second! So The tyres are about half the price, slipperier, but I drove the car faster

Either way the car is heaps of fun how it is. For the Aussies, just imagine I'm in the Muscle Car Masters in a '68 Camaro or something, but it looks like an E30

Video to come
                        Last edited by e30guydownunder; 08-08-2010, 12:52 AM.
                        - Chris

Comment

Waiting for vids/pics
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
                          first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

just read the whole thread! amazing to say the least and i really like the wheels too, gonna have to see if i can find a supplier over here now
                            sigpicif it aint broke fix it anyway

Comment

Gday mate, no worries, thanks man. Nice avatar ;)

The Khumo's go alright! New PB of 1:58.007, not entirely sure how less grip is .9 secs faster than last time but damn is it fun! I'm now entering turn 1 at 175km/h which is pretty nerve racking. You can see in the video on some laps I'm really starting to run out of road and am well and truly out on the concrete. Pretty happy with the day overall.

Heres a bunch of pictures a mate took. And some incar from the GoPro

Part 1

Part 2

- Chris

Comment

And we have another burst of Progress.

I went to a track day on Tuesday. and naturally the car got a bit dirty.

Days worth of brake Dust. The Pads officially bit the dust. HAHA

So on the way home Dad and I conversed as you do on a 4 hour journey. And we were left a little bit confused. Coming from a dirt background, the running costs used to be much cheaper (grassroots dirt costs much less than grassroots tar motorsport).

So I have been thinking about this alot, even went and looked at a caged KE70 corolla rolling shell (too rusty). But in any case. What I have decided to do, is go do a khanacross this coming weekend and have some fun in the E30. So without putting too much time in it I have been preparing it. First swapped in some softer rear springs, put some packers in under them (as they are the first tar springs I got, low, but too soft for tar. Should be good for the dirt with the extra packing). Swapped out the rear shocks as they were too short. Fitted my longer front springs and raised the spring seats a lil. Softened the front sway bar and disconnected the rear sway bar.

The Beginning of the weekend looked like this (my just registered Legacy Wagon):

Swapped in STi suspension and some Superlow King Springs on the Wagon, Raised the race car about 70mm.

The ride height is laughable, but the sump loves me for it:

So I has the sump quite high, but was not satisfied with the amount of protection it had...IE none! This is how we do sump protection in Australia!

All buttoned up. Just about ready for a bit of massive Alloy Plate:

All the load goes straight into the chassis rails, saving the sump and meaning these bolts are just here to hold the support off the ground.

I have a bash plate off an old celica GT4 that got well, bashed up. We have been trying to straighten it oout a bit by driving our 2.3 tonne Land Rover Discovery on it!!! The plate supports the weight of the disco (thru one wheel anyway) and only deflects about an inch! It will be great material for the E30 once we get it to the shape I require :)

So yer, I'm gonna go have some fun on the dirt and evaluate where I'm going with the project. Stay tuned for some videos from Wakefield.
                                - Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X