e30guydownunder: Project M42, probs definitely got more power than your S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    ah shit! how you coping man? no problems I hope! Best Wishes to everyone up there and stay safe!

My new radiator rocked up today. Nissan S14. Fits perfectly! About as big as you would be able to fit without modifying the chassis rails. Top hose works perfectly also! Now to make some mounts and get the bottom hose / water pump happening.
    Yeah where I live is fine along with work ect. So I still have good inflow of money and such. Can't be said for a lot of the others up here. There is a lot of water about!

Turbo M42 Build thread:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Work continues. A day off work is just the time to get some shit bowled over. My radiator showed up during the week. A Nissan S14 no less. $200 ebay special, twin core blah blah, looks pretty fantastic for $200 shipped! Going to get a set of AU fans to go on it, a very simple conversion according to Nissan Buddies.

So now that I got that I can get cracking on mounting the thing. Take some old broken swaybar links???

BAM, you got yourself some lower radiator mounts, had to make it go around the radiator drain too:

I pressed the rubber bushes out while welding and drilled the centres to suit the radiator. Pretty stoked with how it turned out.

I made some top mounts for the radiator as well (that incorporate the intercooler mounts), but no pictures. So thats everything sitting in there nice and pretty.

The standard top hose works perfectly! Clears the new intake pipe very nicely indeed.

The 135 silicone bend showed up. Clears the radiator nicely. Might have to rejig to position of the oil filter / hoses, but nothing major:

And that was today. Had a quick look at the lower radiator hose and will get cracking on the sway bar mounts.
      - Chris
      Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

I managed to drag my ass outta bed about 12....the wedding reception was perhaps a bit bigger than anticipated, but hey can't say no to free beer! All good as I got plenty done yesterday.

I threw a few of the other bits in to get a feel for how it is all coming together. Going well if you ask me!

Got the fans in and mounted, upper (standard 318 ) and lower (hacked up M20) radiator hoses finished, upper radiator and intercooler mounts done, all the intercooler pipes dummied up and threw the BOV in for an idea on required real estate. The accusump just out of shot, about where it will go.

A view from the front can see all the coolers air filter and other shit.

The intake pipe was a tight fit on the fan shroud

I modified it with a bit of heat and hammer :D The 10mm intake spacer coming will help add a bit of extra clearence also

Alternator in and spaced out. Going have to knock a bit off the spacers to get some more clearence on the chassis rail. Got plenty of clearence over the oil lines anyway.

The new fans and alternator position are occupying where I previously had the oil filter setup. So i have moved to to behind to headlight. making it nice and serviceable from below also. The hoses will work out ok too, with the turbo oil feed and stuff all pointing the right direction

And from under neath

While were down there, here is the lower radiator plumbing / electric water pump (i'm yet to make a mount, but it's in there!)

And a shot of the turbo pipes, fans and lower radiator hose all nice and tightly packaged in there

List of shit to do, throttle cable mount, plates for intake and water pump delete, EWP mount, relocate sway bar, finish sump, then just mounting little shit, plumbing it all up and a shit load of electrical work.
        - Chris

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
          A view from the front can see all the coolers air filter and other shit.

PMSL

Dude, where's your car?

j/k i get it, just made me pmsl (minus the wee)
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
          first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Yer it's pretty funny in some pictures you can see it in the background. "it's like I'm doing all this work on my car, but it's over there????" LOL
            - Chris

Comment

Postman stopped by with a few things today:

- Chris

Comment

The angry ape is a complicated and twisted sexual act; it requires a willing man and a sometimes unwilling dwarf, midget, or downie. To complete this unimaginable deed, one first probes the female's vagina with both fists in the doggy style position, and then proceeds to insert the hard on into the anus, whether it is clean or dirty, shaven or hairy. Once in this position, the male has entered the hunched-over ape stance that gives this act its name, and only needs to proceed with fucking both the anus with the erect penis and the vagina with the fists. While doing the female, it is a requirement but usually a side effect to make inhumane apelike noises. Once orgasm has been attained, discarding of the female to the proper trash receptacle is recommended.
                Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

i saw that in the webber box just as i was shutting down to leave work. fuck your a creative waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles
                  - Chris

Comment

Tis not mine. I cannot claim that genius!
                    Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

a good wizard never reveals his tricks, respect -10 points
                      - Chris

Comment

nice build!!

What are you doing with the water return hose that goes from the pipe along the drivers side of the block back to the bottom of the overflow tank on the radiator? Are you just going to plug it? I was under the understanding that that was where the engine pulled all it's coolant until the tstat was open....
                        www.classicdaily.net
                        1970 m42 swapped 2002
                        1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                        https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Shit.. awesome build man! that front clip pic its sick
                          no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

cheers.

jakeb that is something I have been doing alot of thinking about lately. With the install of an electric water pump and controller the Water pump will be removed and maybe even the thermostat. But first i need to work out exactly how the system works. Googling isn't proving very successful and seems to be not something commonly dealt with.

My initial thinking had been to run the line you are talking about to the turbo cooling inlet and then a line from the outlet to the top of the radiator. Now I am concerned there isn't any distinctive flow along this line (arrow goes both ways on the realoem diagram).

If you have any insight into this that would be appreciated :)
                            - Chris

Comment

I have done a bunch of m42 swaps into 2002s. On one of them I plugged that line thinking it wouldn't matter but then changed it so it pulled from the bottom of the radiator.....as it was really the only option. It works but the car runs a little cooler than it should.

The best option is to run a stock m42 radiator.....or at least something that always overflows to a small tank and then the line we are talking about picks up from there.

From what I understand that is the draw return from the radiator when the tstat is closed. So you must have that connected to draw coolant from the radiator otherwise the waterpump won't have any coolant unless the tstat is open. Or if you get rid of it all together.

I also wouldn't shut the pump off completly....can you vary the speed with the electric pump? What is the reason to run an electric pump btw?
                              www.classicdaily.net
                              1970 m42 swapped 2002
                              1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                              https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Yeh I'm going to have to look into it by the sounds. I have a workshop training manual at home that might share some more information.

I bought a Pump and Controller kit. The controller also runs the fan. The controller varies the pump / fan to maintain a user defined temperature. So I guess it is variable in that sense. My thinking behind it is you can still cycle the cooling system after the engine is shutdown, cooling it down properly, an issue present in the Track environment.
                                - Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X