No announcement yet.

e30guydownunder: Project M42, probs definitely got more power than your S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update...i decided my td06 was fucked and got jack of the eShit manifold that kept cracking. Manifold, Gate and turbo up forsale (suit rebuild).

Have purchased a standard exhaust manifold, they flow OK, a TD06SL2-20g (slightly smaller turbine setup) with Nissan Turbine housing (T25, internal gate to 5 bolt flange).

So this will slot into the original position I have with only minor modification to the dump pipe and the way I have the boost control plumbed up.

I am investigated a noise in the valvetrain further, our suspicion is "solid lifter" cams have been used with the original hydro lifters. Hopefully I place the standard cams in there and the noise goes away. Then I need to decide if I'm going to purchase the solid lifters on NS for cheap or run standard cams for the time being.

The answer is obvious if it fixes the problem, who doesn't like to rev the shit out of their car! BUT I have got to say I am so totally over spending money on a shitpile that has so far done nothing more than chill out on the hoist.

If the noise vanishes with the standard cams, they will stay!
    - Chris
    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Hope it works out homie! GL

Originally posted by Roysneon
      $5 shipped?
      Originally posted by MarkD
      You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Cheers Sam, I got the standard cams in yesterday and we have a winner. Engine purrs now!

Now to reassemble the car and wait for the new turbo!
        - Chris

Comment

Good to hear, now go and edit the thread title haha
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
          first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

editted to the best of my wit glenny boy.

The new turbo got here tuesday. VERY IMPRESSED

I bought a split dump off a mate...it didn't fit so now I'm making one using the flange and thats about it....

Still tossing up whether to go screamer or not. I probably will but build it with going merged in mind. Make the dump, hose up the turbo and I'm ready for the dyno again!
            - Chris

Comment

So the new engine has been in and going for a lil while now. The setup has been changed further though. The turbo was fucked.

So I bought a standard manifold and TD06SL2 (the turbine is a bit smaller than TD06H) with a nissan turbine housing setup. this means internal gate.

I modified my dump pipe to suit, hooked up water cooling lines also and was happy with progress:

Nearly ready to go off to the dyno:

Some heatshields and shit:

That was last Thursday night. Found out we have some overboosting problems. So we set it up with buggerall ignition where necessary and pretty rich and came home with 243whp @ 6300rpm. An a calculated 450Nm from a touch over 3000rpm to 6000.

But fuck it I'm going to this trackday! Dad had Friday off to try and finish the car and I cam home from work and we ended up staying home the night (normally head down the day before an event at Wakefield). We were all loaded up by 1030 and ready to go.

Overheating, Boostcut issues aside I still knocked out a 1:10.8 and was happy with that. I wanted to go home with a 10 in the bag. More importantly I came home with the car in one piece and know we are only going forwards. There is probably an easy 2 seconds left in the car once I have the overheating and overboosting issues sorted.

I've already ordered some piping to make brake ducting so that should see an improvement in that department.

There are a few contributing factors to the overheating so we are going to tackle these before returning to the dyno, controlling the boost and dialling in some ignition for some more power. NOT THAT it needs it.

The car is still incredibly easy and nice to drive. It's very well balanced and doesn't sit around spinning the wheels or anything silly. It just gets down and goes. I'm very happy with the throttle response and way the turbo comes on. Basically it goes hard!

Get these issues sorted, drive it and watch the times tumble :)

Here is a picture of the new front bumper we fitted as part of the conversion.

- Chris

Comment

Looking pretty good man. How much boost you running?
                I'm still trying to decide if I should go a 1 bar Actuator or a 0.8 bar actuator for my t517z. Leaning towards 1 bar but not sure how much power that will give me. Looks like good progress though!.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

I went a 1 bar actuator but the wastegate isn't openning properly...boost is spiking to 24psi where I have the boost cut set!

I will be running about 18psi low boost and with some timing this should still see me somewhere up near 300whp. Depending on how the car drives I may run more!
                  - Chris

Comment

Fully sweet cuz.
                    sigpic

Comment

cheers bru
                      - Chris

Comment

A few pics from the event I found on the net:

- Chris

Comment

Got Camber?
                          From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
                          Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

Yeah man and I'm only using modified OEM top mounts :D
                            - Chris

Comment

Aight So I did some work on this over the weekend. We have a half made spliter, some Radiator ducting is going on behind the bumper and I have completly changed the dump pipe setup. No real pics of anything though.

Heres a pic of the old Dump. It's a lil cooked!

You can't see it so much but the 2" bend is completly deformed from being very hot! Plus I bent it when the exhaust got hooked on the trailer.

We have modified the firewall to get the clearence required to run a "standard" style S13 dump pipe. I bought an eBay split dump pipe for this. and have made a custom front pipe to meet up with my existing exhaust. But as mentioned no pics.

It was also discovered the wastegate flapper was hitting on the flange. so this has been suitable clearenced.
                              - Chris

Comment

This thing now has 200kW @ 6500rpm, 18psi, but with 700 egt's. A 21psi pull results in 230kW @ 5800rpm before falling back to 200kW @ 6500rpm and holding to 7500 (boost still 21psi), but egt's go up to 900 :knock:

Help????

Went to Wakey today on the 18psi tune, banged out a bunch of 1:10's, 1:09's and a best of 1:08.8. With some seat time and the engine sorted should be well under 1:08s

A pic or two from the track. Only visual difference is the front splitter but everyone likes pics :)

- Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X