• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forgot the video :)

- Chris
    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

I can tell you are all eagerly awaiting the results.

It still goes! BUT it still has problems. We are battling high EGT's and just yesterday I returned to the local dyno to do some intercooler testing. Intercooler faired better than expected, only a 3-4psi drop. But fitment of the larger intercooler resulted in a 20hp gain....nearly EVERYWHERE.

Results from original dyno session was 189kW at 10psi or so. Cam timing is next on the agenda to tackle the EGT's but first I will be making changes to the various coolers and getting the big one on there.

Dyno plots.

- Chris

Comment

Nice power for the boost level, hopefully everything will hold together this time man.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Cheers Ben, How's your thing going? Must be enjoying it you been pretty quiet.

I have been busy lately, refitted the old triple core radiator I had, modified the intercooler pipe work and fitted the larger intercooler out front. I just have a few little jobs to do with some ducting an such but I am ready for the dyno.

- Chris

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
            Cheers Ben, How's your thing going? Must be enjoying it you been pretty quiet.
            Yeah its been going pretty good, Just a few small things to sort out still. Swapping in a lower Temp thermostat today and Getting a 3 inch flex in my exhaust Friday because The exhaust shop never did it despite me asking for it about 3 times. Apart from that It just has 1 oil leak to fix then I'll probably end up getting a custom fuel rail & lines, aftermarket FPR and a 3 Map switch, Then it'll be going back to the dyno for more boost!

Have had a bit of a break from working on it though and stopped spending money on it and just enjoyed it so far haha.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together. Wakefield Tuesday!

- Chris

Comment

nice one

Comment

Gotta love private roads

- Chris

Comment

haha nice videos!!! I just love this build!!! I cant wait when I start my sr20 build.
                    E30/ 318i m10, e30 m50 & E34/ 520i m50

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together. Wakefield Tuesday!

Fingers crossed for ya this time :p

What does 90kmh equate to in revs?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirtysix View Post
                        Fingers crossed for ya this time :p

What does 90kmh equate to in revs?
                        Cheers Guys, it went well! First off, 90 km/hs is about 3000-3200 rpm. It is a lil bit laggy but comes on like a shower of shit. There is a noticeable drop from just enough revs to too little however and it can cause an issue if you enter a corner a lil too hot and bugger up the exit, gearing is a little tricky in a few places.

Went to Wakefield yesterday and we are claiming great success. Only drama was a boot full of fuel after re-fuelling and miscommunication between who would put the fuel cell lid back on. The fuel cell is a new concept to us but lesson learned.

Over heating problems are gone, we were doing 15 minute sessions at full noise with no engine related cool down periods necessary, the brakes and tyres (admitly A050's are not well respected for their lap after lap performance) are another story.

The brakes are not fading badly, but I seem to have pad take up issues, the pads are fairly worn so maybe it is just I have to pump them back out. But it appears to be boiling the fluid also, I'm thinking maybe the cast iron calipers are retaining too much heat? The brakes still work great, its just they do a few strange things. Something I will be looking into any case.

And the tyres well I think as I touched on, the A050's are a sprint tyre after all. They are great for the first 5 laps (great for sprints) but after that they go away, if you let them cool for a lap or so they come back though. Ultimately they are too small and limiting the braking and cornering potential that this much power is demanding :)

At the end of the day I went out, had basically no problems and came away with a best time of 1:06.8 (importantly a few of them). I could easily and consistently do 1:07 flats and with a bit of work on the driver more time will come. This is 2 seconds better than where I was the last time it was out, which is approaching 12 months now!

I have the bits, better suspension, an Evo Brembo brake setup and 17x9 light weight wheels ready to go, but for now I am going to drive the thing. Too much blood and sweat has gone into it to get it to this stage so I am going to enjoy it for a little while. Who knows with some work on the driving technique I might get a low 6! I'm certainly feel there is a lot left on the table.

Videos to come, we filled up the GOPRO.
                        - Chris

Comment

And Video

- Chris

Comment

And SR20 conversion forsale minus Engine. I am going 24v and rally fuck the tar
                            - Chris

Comment

And SR20 conversion forsale minus Engine. I am going 24v and rally fuck the tar

WHAT THE!!!! Please explain????
                              E30/ 318i m10, e30 m50 & E34/ 520i m50

Comment

wow, great build and want to sell already? why?
                                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                                Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                                LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X