• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new race car right here
    Work We Do
    CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
    http://www.catuned.com

Comment

great progress man. i cant wait to see this car.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

I retract my statement about having more work to do then you. That is a BARE shell. I love the shot looking towards the back of the car... shows the amazing cage integration. BTW, is it cool if I swing by tomorrow morning?
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by catuned View Post
          Brand new race car right here
          Yup, but it's not a racecar... because streetcar, lol!

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          great progress man. i cant wait to see this car.
          Should look more the part tomorrow, not too long to see it now, though!

Originally posted by JGood View Post
          I retract my statement about having more work to do then you. That is a BARE shell. I love the shot looking towards the back of the car... shows the amazing cage integration. BTW, is it cool if I swing by tomorrow morning?
          Why, yes it is a bare shell... except for the subframes and a few misc body plugs... Yes, tomorrow morning is fine, I should be in by 10... BTW, I was second guessing myself on the way home, after I TIG'ed your crossover manifold... I was only supposed to close off 1 opening, right? The one at the end of the driver's side, right? Like I said, I was second guessing on the way home and wasn't looking at it...

Garey
          Last edited by bmwmech1; 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post

Why, yes it is a bare shell... except for the subframes and a few misc body plugs... Yes, tomorrow morning is fine, I should be in by 10... BTW, I was second guessing myself on the way home, after I TIG'ed your crossover manifold... I was only supposed to close off 1 opening, right? The one at the end of the driver's side, right? Like I said, I was second guessing on the way home and wasn't looking at it...

Garey
            Yep, that's it. I should be up around 11. Thanks!
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
              Yep, that's it. I should be up around 11. Thanks!
              Whew! Good... I'll see you then...

Garey

Comment

Barest of the bare shells indeed!

Oh, and thanks for the consistent--or should I say persistent--progress and photo updates. Makes me realize the projects on my cars are relatively easy compared to what you've got goin' on there. Keeps me motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                  Barest of the bare shells indeed!

Oh, and thanks for the consistent--or should I say persistent--progress and photo updates. Makes me realize the projects on my cars are relatively easy compared to what you've got goin' on there. Keeps me motivated.
                  Well, you are welcome for the updates! I've got a deadline I'm shooting for, so the updates should come faster now... see the next post...

Garey

Comment

And then the interior was white! Got the interior shot today... it layed out nice and except for some areas I just could not get to, it's completely finished. I have to shoot the sides of the rollcage downtubes and the rear package tray in the morning. Then I'll prep and paint the inside of the trunk and the engine bay at some point between now and Sunday night. The goal is to have it back down on it's wheels by Monday morning, fingers crossed. Pics...

So that's all for tonight, I'm going to bed early tonight...

Garey

Comment

Wow dude - you work fast!
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I like to send you something you might need... a bmw badge or something so I can say I was part of that built lol nice work so far.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Wow dude - you work fast!
                          When I'm in the zone, I get shit done, lol! Thanks... that was about 4 hours, give or take for the primer and color to get shot...

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
                          I like to send you something you might need... a bmw badge or something so I can say I was part of that built lol nice work so far.
                          Well, if you would like to buy a new hood or trunk roundel and send it, I would gladly put it on the car and give you the recognition, lol! It would be one less thing I need to buy to finish it...

Thanks guys,

Garey

Comment

i will buy you a hood roundel. PM your address.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Wow!! This is one of the best build threads I've seen so far. Keep up the good work
                              sigpic
                              BIMMER für IMMER

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                                i will buy you a hood roundel. PM your address.
                                Thanks man... I was being facetious, though. I wouldn't expect guys to buy stuff for the car, but I appreciate the offer, nonetheless!:D

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X