Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nando
    replied
    it might be too late - but do yourself a favor. make an adapter from the 88 pin connector to the DB37's using an old M50 ECU. I wired mine directly, and I really regret it. I wish I'd made an adapter like I originally planned on, the DB37's are just an overall pain in the fucking ass when wired directly into the harness.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Should probably update:











    Wiring update

    This is what is left of the last iteration of my M50 E30 harness. C101 and the relay wiring.


    This is my minorly stripped M50 E34 harness. Kinda... scary.


    MS3 harnesses. Both the regular MS and the MS3x harnesses. I will more than likely be shortening them lol.


    The next few are self notes. Don't mind them.




    Cut out the spark/fuel harnesses.


    Figuring out what I want of the stock harness.


    Finally pulled all the sensor wiring out. Left and tagged are the keepers. Right are the "wtf is this" plugs.


    This is what is left of the stock E34 harness. Most are powers and grounds that I will be replacing later. Some are wires that had no place that I could see.


    This is the start of the new harness. I cut out the C101 connector into it's bare essentials. 2 for starter, 1 for alternator, 1 for main relay signal (I think). The E30 M3 harness holder has spots for relays and everything. So I'm happy. Relays will be (in no order): O2, Coil power, Fuel pump, Main.

    Gonna draw up some diagrams eventually. I'm fairly confident this harness will be near perfect.

    Leave a comment:


  • MattAvino
    replied
    ^haha thats awesome

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Engine is in the car!

    Forgot I had to shave the oil pan for the M20 Flywheel.





    Left to right: Me, Sae, My bro, Nate nate, my dad.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I was hoping you knew the thread pitch. Cuz then I can just get a bolt or something that fits inside of it.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    *shrugs*
    How can i fuckin help you block your vanos oil port off if you can't tell me the thread pitch ?

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    haha yeah most likely.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I don't update often so it was easy to miss?

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    how the fuck did i miss thiS!!!??? subd..

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    *shrugs*

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    What's the thread pitch of the oil outlet?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Ok so update slash to do list.

    Head is assembled as well as it can be. Cam trays can't go in until the head is on. I found all the timing parts so that's ok. I want to get the turbo manifold on but I need to figure out if I'm welding up the WG port or not. Also need to verify I have the right cam sensor.



    The new oil filter housing has a vanos port. I either need to block it off or make it my new oil feed. Anyone know how I can do such a thing easily? I need to fab a bracket to hold the dipstick tube. Prob gonna attach it to the motor mount location. I'm also missing a bolt for the alternator.Need to put the secondary crank sensor in to plug up the hole so it doesn't leak everywhere.


    Can't find the coolant plug for the block or my oil pan plug bolt. Prob just gonna order them.


    need to verify that's the right crank sensor and also the allen bolt for it. Need to verify the AN fittings are right for my oil cooler cap.


    Once all that is done, I need to find a few buds to yank the motor from the basement, shove the head on the block with the trans on it too, and shove the biatch in the car!

    After that, it's wiring, final assembly, and beer.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Man I need to finish this...

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    The fronts are real M3 fenders that I just made wider. The rears are the czech shit. Just drill holes and pop rivet on. I also made those wider but I don't recommend the method I used.

    Leave a comment:


  • SA E30
    replied
    Would love to see a write up and pics of modifying and mounting the widebody.

    Leave a comment:

Working...