3SGE BEAMS converted 89 E30///Stock as a rock 88 E30 325i Touring///

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First start:

I have driven it around the block and taken a video but probably not wise to upload that one. better video soon.

Comment

We found the fuel pressure did not need a vac reference after all (The Altezza uses a returnless fuel system, and we have reverted this back to a return system), this 15psi extra fuel pressure made the car feel somewhat doughy. Having a colleague buy an actual Altezza recently (very rare here in Australia) meant we could test alot of things out and see how things are supposed to work. I can say that now the engine is running right and is running on the right a/f ratio (used a wideband to adjust the reg properly) the better power to weight of the E30 makes it a hoot to drive.

The rest of the car needs updating now.

Suspension and wheels/tyres are on the way and the rest is just detail/refurb/replacing of old worn out components.

So this is the second such conversion of this type in the world, i think the E30 is made for this conversion. It even looks factory.

Comment

looks stock! very nice
        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
        Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
        LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Yeah it has turned out pretty stock looking. It actually idles quieter than the gf's Mazda3 too.

Using alot of the BMW items (6 cylinder radiator and expansion tank etc) where possible has helped in that regard i think.

Comment

Bought various items this week.

- BC BR spec coilovers coming (they wouldnt do inverted coilovers unfortunately)
            - XXR 530 16x8 +20 in black
            - wheelstuds and nuts from Kaliboy
            - random new trim bits

Also chatting to a New Zealand guy from work who says the dealership he worked for there had a inwheel jerrycan setup on the shelf for an e30 (old genuine accessory)

I hope they still have it.

Comment

nicely done swap!
              GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Thanks mate.

just ordered some yellow high beams too.

Comment

looks great, have you dynoed it yet? (sorry if its on a prior page, just responding at work..!)

where did you get the BC BR's from? I am probably going to get some later in the year but am never sure the best place to order through to make sure i get the shortest spring lengths they offer and perhaps revalved to suit my rates.

i asked my local dealer here in Perth on new trim peices, basically every black trim piece and clip is available new! pricing its pretty outrageous though haha like $1600 or something from memory for bumper trims, side trims, bonnet louvres, rear plate trim, all clips. Would love fresh stuff though :/

Comment

Thanks Ant,

No dyno yet as i am focused on getting the car engineered and roadworthy more than anything.

I ordered the BC racing coilovers from Gorilla industries. I have ordered custom rates, so we will see how they perform. Other springs are so cheap it really doesn't bother me if i got it wrong!

I work at a dealer so getting the parts for a decent price is easier for me. However i will be removing and stripping my gutter and waist moulds (oh and grille and boot badge) then powdercoating or painting them black.

I think leaving the 318i badge on the back will have people guessing (especially as it has the stock rear muffler on atm)

Comment

The wheels arrived today.

Thanks must go out to NLM Motoring as they arrived in only 3 days! i had been searching online for these for a while and all i could find was people saying they had just received them from a month old pre order or people still waiting.

After mine showing up a guy at work was interested for his E30 so we looked at the site again and they now say out of stock. So maybe i was lucky? anyway onto the pics.

XXR530 in matte black 16x8 +20

I was glad to see that the concaveness was close to the pictures i had seen in this small size/offset. I couldn't bolt them on though since the std bolts are too wide. Took the last two daggy mudflaps off too.

Coilovers/studs etc still to arrive.

Comment

I like those wheels they look great! And the engine conversion is neat too and I bet a nice addition :)

Turbo M42 Build thread:
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Cheers.

Here is a picture of the crossmember modifications (uses the stock altezza hollow alloy engine mount stays and engine mounts with modified crossmember pick ups, welded then painted to match to look stock etc)

Front sump like a M40 but not as low thank god! oh and it will dent rather than crack (in theory....)

Also shows the cross over pipe we made to match the Beams layout (inlet and outlet on one side of the engine)

Comment

dying to see wheels on the car

Comment

Will have them mocked on the car this w/e (studs arriving), but the tyres will not arrive for some time (the issue with not wanting to pay top dollar for tyres)

Comment

Coilovers delayed again....

Wheel studs and nuts arrived (Thanks Kaliboy)

Hoping they will fit the XXR's, as the standard bolt heads were very close/rubbing the outside of the holes when i tested them. I really don't want to have to lathe them down to fit....

Will try sometime this weekend and atleast get some fitted photos (minus tyres still....)

Comment

Working...
                                X