Remachining Bottlecaps to look better - Check this out!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mechdonald
    replied
    what do you think of this one? :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by trackjunkie21
    I will be the first to say that if you had anyway of producing a 15/16" bottlecap reproduction they would sell like hotcakes on this site.
    Aren't there 16" E38/E34 bottlecaps this could be done with, also? Even 15" would look good on the right car.

    Leave a comment:


  • DREWHALL
    replied
    Looks like a cool idea. Would love a set personally.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stoner Sam23
    replied
    The problem with re-machining a bottle cap is that in the end its a 14x6. There is little potential for this. I still like the idea of the project

    Leave a comment:


  • mechdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by freeride53
    Very cool design. Personally, I'd just keep the basic facial design, and widen the lips.
    'while I would agree that would look great - that's kind of difficult to do when I would just be remachining the original wheel - not cutting a new one.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Very cool design. Personally, I'd just keep the basic facial design, and widen the lips.

    Leave a comment:


  • 86325LSD
    replied
    can anyone get me these in a file for CREO or SolidWorks?

    Leave a comment:


  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    I will be the first to say that if you had anyway of producing a 15/16" bottlecap reproduction they would sell like hotcakes on this site.

    Leave a comment:


  • 88e30ix
    replied
    I want 16x8

    Leave a comment:


  • eur04lif3
    replied
    Originally posted by mechdonald
    Cast aluminum. The analysis would be more of a comparison between the original and the new... I am more interested in the change between the 2 if you know what I mean.

    The Inventor files are on their way over to you.
    i can do them in ALGOR, then we can compare with ANSYS results ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    ill let you use my set of caps to guinea pig

    Leave a comment:


  • mechdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Holland
    That's actually a superb design in a DS1 sort of way. I demand a 15x8 production!
    Producing wheels is a whole other ball 'o wax... although I agree they would look good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    That's actually a superb design in a DS1 sort of way. I demand a 15x8 production!

    Leave a comment:


  • mechdonald
    replied
    One last one for tonight

    Leave a comment:


  • mechdonald
    replied
    Here's a different take... just the center hollowed out and some lettering machined in. Obviously you could add whatever text you wanted.



    and for Buddy from NF :)

    Last edited by mechdonald; 01-28-2012, 04:56 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...