Remachining Bottlecaps to look better - Check this out!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pantless Spency
    replied
    Originally posted by Massimo





    i lime it

    :giggle:

    Leave a comment:


  • mechdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesE30
    The problem with Bottle caps is not the design It is the size.
    I know that already... I'm just having some fun

    that 3 piece looks cool. I will take a look to see where there is enough material to leave enough of a mounting face.
    Last edited by mechdonald; 02-02-2012, 07:12 AM. Reason: got all excited... needed to cool off :)

    Leave a comment:


  • JamesE30
    replied
    The problem with Bottle caps is not the design It is the size.

    One option you could do since you obviously are not producing a wheel just modifying one, is to machine the centers of a bottle cap out of the barrels, and make compatible with readily available 3 piece wheel rim sections such as RS's. Sell the centres and people can build their own wheels in whatever size they want!

    example:

    Leave a comment:


  • mechdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by M20_fiend
    if i find some 16'' bottle caps... can this b done??
    It all depends on the shape of the original wheel...and what you want the final wheel to look like. You can't add material - only take it away.

    Is there such thing as a 16" 4X100 bottlecap? I've seen 15" 5 bolt wheels but the "bottlecap" design is quite different looking

    Leave a comment:


  • Robotin
    replied
    if i find some 16'' bottle caps... can this b done??

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied


    Got to play around with textures and compositing a bit more and what I sent you in the email but it looks alright.

    Here we go this looks better.



    Final render of this style this one is for you ryan, I know how you like pink.

    Last edited by Massimo; 02-02-2012, 03:53 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mechdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Massimo
    Apparently that is not unrealistic. LOL
    Technology is advancing at an unprecedented rate.

    Show me some renders!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied
    Originally posted by Eecen
    If you guys can machine me some 16x9 bbs rs001 out of e30 bottle caps at $50 a piece I'd definately buy those....oh we weren't making retardedly unrealistic requests? Mah. bad.
    Apparently that is not unrealistic. LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • mechdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Eecen
    If you guys can machine me some 16x9 bbs rs001 out of e30 bottle caps at $50 a piece I'd definately buy those....oh we weren't making retardedly unrealistic requests? Mah. bad.
    We are waiting for the Transmogrifier to come in at work. It'll be here in a few weeks, then we will definitely be able to do that. I'll let you know when we have it up and running.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eecen
    replied
    If you guys can machine me some 16x9 bbs rs001 out of e30 bottle caps at $50 a piece I'd definately buy those....oh we weren't making retardedly unrealistic requests? Mah. bad.

    Leave a comment:


  • ScHpAnKy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paukert11
    Dude. If you could make them in 16/9 Bottle caps, I would so buy them off of you.
    this.

    I'd even be happy with 16x7.5

    wheel options are always good, I love me some bottlecaps on dropped cars :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Robotin
    replied
    does that effect the integrity of the wheel?? its not gonna rip apart on the freeway or anything??? plus i would just rather throw some lip on weaves and make it look like this...


    Leave a comment:


  • mechdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Holland
    Not so hot about that one.
    yah, I just whipped it up quick... not sure if a proper rendering would make it look better. I'm going to work on this idea a bit more... I think there is a decent design in there, I just have to work on the details a bit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Paukert11
    replied
    Dude. If you could make them in 16/9 Bottle caps, I would so buy them off of you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Not so hot about that one.

    Leave a comment:

Working...