^
that is not the idea, he has access to a CNC machine not a a cast factory.
What could be a possable option is if you can machine replica bottle cap centres out of billit possably in 16 inch or something then get 3pc lips in what ever size you want. This obviously would not be very cheap but would have the result everyone wants.
Remachining Bottlecaps to look better - Check this out!!
Collapse
X
-
Why not try and modify a 16" bottlecap, or look into casts?
I mean its a great design, but you are going to have trouble selling 800$ 14x6s to e30 guys. You could damn near start production of cast 16x8s which would go over much better.Leave a comment:
-
I am going to machine up my spare 14" Bottlecap. There is no plan for any larger wheels at the moment.
If this turns out looking nice, we will work out a cost for a set of 4 wheels and go from there.
Again, no plans for a larger wheel - that is a completely different ballgame and extremely expensive at this point.
I am just having fun with what I have.
CheersLeave a comment:
-
i like the bottle cap as is, but its too small, a 15 or a 16 with 7 or 8 inch wide would make me take notice, but till then its still a 14x6 with no potential in the wheel well of an e30. trust me i wear them every day... just my 2cLeave a comment:
-
-
Dude, I dont even care about three peace. Make me a one peace 16'8 et14 wheel even....Leave a comment:
-
I'm going to get this one machined up within the next few days hopefully. The spokes will not be cut this time. I'll post up some pics of the results.
Leave a comment:
-
that and they are cast.. and heavy (for the size).. and ugly... and worth more as scrap aluminum than wheels...The problem with Bottle caps is not the design It is the size.
One option you could do since you obviously are not producing a wheel just modifying one, is to machine the centers of a bottle cap out of the barrels, and make compatible with readily available 3 piece wheel rim sections such as RS's. Sell the centres and people can build their own wheels in whatever size they want!
example:

Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: