Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 years - 1991 325ix, Stroker/5-Speed (N52 swap?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice! Any extra functions we can't see :)

Comment

digital oil temp and wideband

here's a pic from er, 2 years ago or so..lol

Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

almost done with this mini project. :)
        I keep trying to think of ideas for making it look stock. This looks pretty nice. I need to make a trip up there soon.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

Yeah its not easy but it should look pretty good when done.

Still not done wiring it, then i can do some final testing and finally put it in the car.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ok that's pretty sweet.

Comment

Wow that looks very awesome meter panel :)
              https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
              https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Hey, which wide band controller setup are you running? I am ready to toss my LC-1 into the trash.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I have an LC-1. Might switch to the LC-2 for the better packaging.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Awesome!

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    I have an LC-1. Might switch to the LC-2 for the better packaging.
                    I've installed a couple lc-2's and they are much better than the lc-1, neater packaging and less annoying calibration (no more push button/LCD)
                    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

yeah I haven't had any real issues with the LC-1, but I like the idea of being able to mount it in the glove box instead of the engine bay, and having mount screws to hold the thing down instead of zip ties. :p

the better calibration is just a bonus to me!

I'll make a dedicated thread to the cluster once that's complete. right now I have some M50 adapters to build..

Originally posted by ahriley91 View Post
                      I keep trying to think of ideas for making it look stock. This looks pretty nice. I need to make a trip up there soon.
                      that's part of what's taken me so long. it's a pain in the ass. I ended up coming up with a couple ideas that make it much less challenging - like making the bottom edge and corners look nice. the funny thing is, it actually fits together nearly perfectly. the E46 cluster is just the right depth, and it fits just about perfectly between the screws on the E30 (except for a couple on the top).

another interesting thing is the E30 cluster is curved and shaped in multiple directions. the E46 cluster is basically square. You'd think it would be the other way around!

definitely stop by some Friday or Saturday! I can also update your DME with some things I've learned. :)
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Really nice! :)
                        E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                        E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                        E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Uhh, I don't think this is supposed to happen..

total Bilstein fail. Version 4.0 of my suspension will have Koni race inserts - man, I really hope the ride quality will be significantly better. I'm really disappointed how badly the Bilsteins worked out. Oh well.

Oh yeah, it's 12 years now as of this month. w00t!
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Those are the re-valved inserts we built the housings around?!?!?!?
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Kind of looks like water got in there and froze, but I can't tell from the Wonder Bread camera phone photos you posted... ;)
                              Below the radar...

Comment

yeah, these are the re-valved inserts from 2012. the new konis are a tad shorter but they came with spacers to make up the difference.

no.. no water got in there, there was a little in the strut housing but most of that brown shit exploded everywhere when I pulled out the shock. luckily I didn't have it near my face!.

it started making noise long before there was any cold weather. I have no idea why the cap popped off. even if it bottomed out (and that would be basically impossible at my current ride height), it would have pushed into the bottom of the tube and not separated like that.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X