No announcement yet.

the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you gotta do it immediately after key on. 5 stomps within 5 seconds of key on.

Comment

Thanks! That did it and.... 1234 !!! How do I get rid of it and how quickly will it come back?
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

cleared my code last night and on my way to work today it illuminated again, so its taking less than 10 miles for it to trigger again.

Ive tried reading up and Im getting some conflicting information about how to fix this or if its even possible. Some people say it should be a non-issue, but it clearly is triggering a CEL
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Ok, last update (maybe) before my referee appt. Spent friday swapping the fenders (and they arent mint mint, but worlds better than the others). Cant wait until I dont have other BS to deal with so I can spend a day polishing the paint.

I also rotated my tires front to back and for those with sharp memories will remember that I have 205/45 up front RE11 and 215/45 RE10 in the back, so now its reversed and that means that the front tires are wider than the rear. I did this as a temp solution to the vibration in the steering due to my flat spotted front tire. This happened one night after an aggressive trip down Sepulveda coming from the valley (if you know this road, you can picture the madness). Anyways, the point was to have the flat spotted tire on the wheel that can rotate it to the point of burning some excess rubber, if you catch my drift, high 5 to you. Anyways, Im going to finally buy some Dunlop Star Spec 225/45s for the rear shortly so I this should be a temp issue.

Anyways, this also revealed a failing rear wheel bearing. Got that fixed today courtesy of JMP Auto. I really love these guys, so nice having someone trustworthy to work on my car when its something I dont have the tools for or just dont want to deal with and in this case, it was both.

With all those distractions out of the way, I finally got a chance to run a wire from the x20 to the cluster to give the ECU a VSS signal. So, my emissions equipment is all present, I have a functioning check engine light (that is off for now), so Im feeling pretty good about my showdown with the referee. This could all change tomorrow if the CEL turns on on my way to work.

We'll see... I will have some pics in my next update, I know you guys love seeing pics and this has been lacking a little lately. With the new fenders I want to get the paint really polished up so I can take some sexy pics.

stay tuned...
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Good luck on the referee appointment!
            Project
            Feedback

Comment

The ref at my school is pretty lax from what everyone says.
              GL Simon!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Good luck Simon! My apt is coming up soon too.

Comment

Gather 'round children, its story time...

Appt on Wednesday actually went well. After dealing with the wiring of the VSS, the check engine light went away so I was feeling good going into it. I only had printed out some things from realoem to show to the referee, mainly the exhaust manifolds and the cat, and a few of the things on the MAF side. As soon as I pulled up, he mentioned how he wants one, but the prices are getting crazy for whats available. At this point, I figured I was going to be fine. We chit chatted about another swap he had to deal with and the headache of the custom exhaust it has. He was happy to hear that my exhaust was totally stock. He wanted the VIN of the car the swap came from and so I just gave him the one off the ECU. He pulled up the info and asked for my paperwork. At this point we had to stop, because I still have everything registered in Washington. He told me I needed to get the registration for California started, but he was going to give me his direct number so I just have to go back for a smog. He also didn't like my check engine light setup because right now, its G-H-E-T-T-O. I will address that this week and hopefully I can go back Friday and get it done.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Sounds like it's going well.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

It's nice you don't have to get back in line! Looking forward to hearing how Friday goes

Comment

will he bar my car

simon pls

pls

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MrGreen View Post
                          It's nice you don't have to get back in line! Looking forward to hearing how Friday goes
                          yup it would be nice if someone had a parts car I could steal the light from becauseevery light Ive bought from the shack hasnt worked or is too big to fit in the oem spot to illuminate the OEM check engine light screen

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                          will he bar my car

simon pls

pls
                          hai

i dont think so. you need to have terbo like the Nigel does
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Well, I paid for my registration but couldn't find a smaller light to illuminate the OEM spot.... So for now, ghetto but much less ghetto than before. Should make the referee happy and then we can see what she blows out her tail

Tomorrow I'll be taking a selfie with the car, lets hope I'm smiling because I'm told I'm much more attractive when I smile.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

The Referee has had problems with their computer and server and whatnot so I havent had a chance to put the car on the sniffer yet, but also in my frustration with everything this year I havent had a track day or even an autocross... SO my friend was telling me about an Alfa club event at Big Willow in Jan '16, so fuck it "You have successfully registered Simon Tuman for AROSC Time Trials & Races"

edit: I promised a selfie in the last post, and since I still havent done it and DID find a bunch of old pics heres a pic of me and Vanessa at an Archies gtg in 2014

He has one coming up in a few weeks, hopefully I will have another pic from that WITH CA plates on the car... **fingers crossed**
                              Last edited by 2mAn; 12-07-2015, 09:34 PM.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

So far, today has been quite a shitty day. I had to cancel my track day because the Alfa club wanted me to use a 5 point harness. That was a shitty way to start today.

Next was the referee appointment. He checked everything and it all looked good. Then it came time for the actual smog. The 15mph test went quick, then the 25 mph took a little longer. The guy said that probably wasnt a good sign.... And the printout confirmed that. I just don't know anymore, he said it might be the o2 but being that it's brand new he wasn't really sure what it could be. I think it might be the software since he kept saying it's in the fuel control... Immediately I wanted to get rid of the car. So much bullshit... I'm sure I'll feel better soon but today, & especially right now, I'm not a happy E30 owner

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X