No announcement yet.

the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been wondering what was going on. In other threads I saw "WASTED" over top the pic in your sig. and was worried that it was gone. I am glad to hear it will be back on the road soon.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well. Found someone with a similar problem on a local BMW FB page and wanted to share.

My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Happy New year everyone!

I'm also not convinced that the front wheels are bent but my friend thinks they are and we luckily I found a pair not far from us down in Laguna beach. I'm excited to be driving the car again soon
        You better not be coming by my place to cop my type C's!
        '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
          You better not be coming by my place to cop my type C's!
          haha nope, but I deal snag the two from your neighbor. I got lucky as they are the same 16x7 size with the same et35 offset. Driver of said car totalled his late model sedan and destroyed 2 of the wheels, in addition to ruining a clean alpine sedan... :( The 4x100 SSR Type Cs have gotten more valuable with 3 broken in the last month (one being one of the wheels on my car)

So, it looks like I might end up with 5 good wheels after all this is said and done. One is officially cracked and the other is bent. Hopefully I can get the bent one straightened out and have it as a 5th wheel spare. I need to get these wheels to JMP and some new tires to them as well so that I can get my car back on the road.

I bought a "new" car to daily drive so this wont have to deal with the mean streets of LA anymore. It also means I might gut the car out and get it even lighter, but that thought kinda depresses me as this car as an overall package is so nice right now. Lightweight without being a stripped out car.

Who knows what the future holds for this thing. I will get back to work making it a street legal car for CA and I should have another set of mint fenders sent to me soon. My friend wants to make good on his promise so he is willing to spend the silly amount of money his guy is asking for his mint euro fenders, as I cant find anything remotely nice anywhere in CA.

Maybe I should kill the picture of the "wasted" in my sig
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Pic text should be changed to "hungover"
            '91 325i

Comment

200 for mint fenders isnt bad. I paid 270 for one fender brand new from BMW.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                200 for mint fenders isnt bad. I paid 270 for one fender brand new from BMW.
                Yea, I went ahead and ordered the pair of mint euro fenders that "B randon" so we will see what they look like when they arrive.

More importantly, I was lucky enough to find two 16x7 SSRs. Heres a pic after I dropped them off with JMP. I should have the car back sometime this week, it basically looked done

luck by 2mAn

Also snapped a pic of the car while I chatted with Jerrick about the car. He said the Treehouse Racing CABs went in perfectly and that car should be perfect once its aligned. He also installed the new Spal fan as a pusher instead of a puller to give me a bit of space between the radiator and the motor. I cant wait to be driving this thing again, but it will be much less frenquent

almost_back_again by 2mAn
                Sorry for the shit pic, but the car looks like shit anyways
                Last edited by 2mAn; 07-29-2017, 08:40 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Put almost 100 miles on the car in the last 24 hours. Man, I miss this car!... so.much.fun. Boring commute to work, but decided I needed to redline it a little and it is so.much.fun. Boring commute home and decided I needed to see if she'll still do some 11s YUP. so.much.fun

Im in trouble here folks.

Luckily, the Benz will fully take over daily duties and I can focus on getting this thing back to 100% before any big decisions get made.
                  I needed to pull the bumpers off tonight and inevitably I brought the camera and did a little bit more than I planned, but nothing major. Just stuff that makes me excited for this next phase.

Heres what I started out staring at. The kidneys were in the back seat because the clips that hold them on disappeared somewhere on Mulholland. Thats the daily in the background

busted_face1 by 2mAn

Ugh, she just looks so unhappy here

busted_face2 by 2mAn

Pulled the bumper off so I could try to straighten out the valence, bend the hood up a little and get the kidneys back on. Hood bent easily, the valence mostly was easy, but I found a member who has an alpine 2 valence thats not too far away. I may try to find a way to get that. Remember, this valence is black underneath this 3 year old white plastidip haha

busted_face3 by 2mAn

Looked closely at the radiator support and tried to figure out why the radiator started leaking, only evidence is this ding. Probably enough to cause a leak

busted_chin by 2mAn

While were looking at broken and busted stuff, heres the backside of the cracked wheel
                  broken_wheel by 2mAn

In an effort to start looking at the positive future, we see the bent wheel that I am going to try and have straightened so I can keep it as a 5th wheel

bent_wheel by 2mAn

And I just threw this up for fun. Its a white bumper I bought a while ago because the price was good. I didnt really know what to do with it and almost sold it a few times, luckily I have it now and it will get a fresh cost of alpine white because the paint on it now is spider webbed in the corner and theres some chips in it, so it will be minty fresh! Obviously it will have the euro trim as well, but since it got scuffed up my friend will give it a nice fresh coat of some black, not glossy though

future_face1 by 2mAn

future_face2 by 2mAn

So the plan to get back on track is as follows:

#1 Get both bumpers sprayed alpine white, along with the euro trim back to black
                  #2 Picking up another alpine white hood, no dents or dings.
                  #3 Swap the mint euro fenders
                  #4 Then I just have the front valence to deal with
                  #5 and then finally... back to where I was before. Dealing with the smog issue.

If the E30 Gods will see it that way, I will have most of the cosmetic stuff ready by the Annual Dockweiler gtg at the end of the month
                  Last edited by 2mAn; 07-29-2017, 08:52 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Nice to see the car coming around Simon. Good thing i didn't buy that bumper from you :)

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                      Nice to see the car coming around Simon. Good thing i didn't buy that bumper from you :)
                      I was thinking about you as I typed it! :rofl:

Had to test out the LSD to make sure it still works... Verified it this morning
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

yessssss
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Glad to see you are getting this thing back up and running.

Also, your thread title is hilarious.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                            Glad to see you are getting this thing back up and running.

Also, your thread title is hilarious.

Glad that someone gets the joke!

Well, it only took a month or so, but I finally installed one of the fenders. I was bored and thought it was overdue. I barely got them a few weeks ago, Im sure some of you saw the fiasco. If you're curious, click here Anyways, pulled one fender off, snapped a few pics of what it looked like underneath the fender, installed the new one and called it a day.

bare_driver1 by 2mAn

bare_driver2 by 2mAn

This isnt a good pic, but its the best I could do with the space I had, it looks better in real life

new_driver_fender by 2mAn

I also got word that my bumpers should be sprayed tomorrow, hopefully my fiance can pick them up for me when she drives down tomorrow. ;D

Finally, I also sold a set of cosmo coilovers that I was going to use because I needed to fund a TRM chip. Ive been using a Turner Motorsports chip that was designed for a S50 with the 21.5# Injectors. I figured this was the closest off-the-shelf chip and was able to get it cheap because the 413 ECU already had one. $100 "reflash" charge and I was good. I had used their software prior with a S52 tune with the 3.5" MAF before this when I still had those parts.

Now, I finally have the correct tune. :nice:

M52 with S52 cams, M50 manifold, 21.5# Injectors and a lightweight flywheel. Fingers crossed that this is enough to pass the smog. Otherwise I will have to buy new cats and I really want to do that later when I finally get my hands on a Euro S50 header.
                            Last edited by 2mAn; 07-29-2017, 09:11 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

ohhhhh! Cant wait to see the finished product! This is gonna be such a different car!!
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                                ohhhhh! Cant wait to see the finished product! This is gonna be such a different car!!
                                Yea I'm pretty excited. I actually installed the other fender and the bumpers last night. I'm seriously so grateful for my fiance and also the friends I've made over the years. My friend in Fresno offered to paint the bumpers for just the cost of materials. He finished them up and my fiance picked them up for me on her way down to LA last night.

She's been such a good sport about all my car antics in addition to being a badass, I'm glad I spent that money on a ring instead of another E30 haha

Edit: this just in!...

Crazy fast delivery!
                                Last edited by 2mAn; 02-19-2016, 01:42 PM.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X