No announcement yet.

the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't put the new tires on and it's still got a little ugly chin, but that ass...

edit: Heres a few pics I took of "refreshing" the trim. The front euro trim had never been painted and now was all scuffed up, the rear had a scuff on the side from someone who reversed their car and didnt pay attention and scuffed the corner. I figured this would be a good time to lightly sand them and hit them with a semi gloss black. The fresh paint really makes the valences look bad so those will need attention soon.

old_trim by 2mAn

my paint booth :rofl:

painted_trim by 2mAn
    Last edited by 2mAn; 07-29-2017, 09:14 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Looks so good

-
      Project
      Parts for Sale
      Feedback
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Glad to see it moving forward, Simon.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
          Looks so good
          Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          Glad to see it moving forward, Simon.
          Thanks guys, its such a blast behind the wheel of this car. Put a solid 250+ miles on it these last few days and it crossed 237k miles (~37k on the 24v setup)

Its a good feeling driving this car part-time, because I dont have to subject it to the madness of LA 405 traffic. I still need to get an Alpine front valence, a member has one but its a little far away. Im hoping one will pop up a little closer. I also have to get a new hood.

Hopefully I can also get it into the BAR soon now that its not as ugly as it was the last few weeks
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

I have a valance thats been sitting in my yard for 2 or 3 yrs now. If you need it, shoot me a PM dude.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Looking good Simon!!
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
                I have a valance thats been sitting in my yard for 2 or 3 yrs now. If you need it, shoot me a PM dude.
                Perfect! Hopefully we can meet soon. I will return your PM so we can figure it out.

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                Looking good Simon!!
                Thanks Paolo! Small changes really help to freshen the look of the car. I look at your profile pic and wonder how those Kosei's will look in Silver. Do it!

I also updated the previous pic to include a few I took of how bad the trim got scuffed up and why my neighbors love me.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Not much of an update, was bored last week and I knew the solution... took Vanessa out for a late night stroll in LA. Took this pic near a tourist attraction

More importantly, I just registered for an autox session next Saturday in Orange County and I hope there will be a few other E30s there. I know Charlie wont make it with his E30, but he will be there and luckily he was bugging me today to register and so I did.

Plan is to get the tires on back and really break em in haha I also picked up the straight valence from DIIRTY30 and dropped it off with my friend to have him spray that too. Might start to look a little more cookie cutter E30 style, but I may have to throw some more cash at it to set it apart from the herd.

Hopefully there will be some cool action shots from that event. time will tell
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Finally washed the car and drove to work today. Nobody was on the top of the garage so I snapped a few pics with phone. Enjoy

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Looking good! Is that LAX in the distance in the first shot?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                        Looking good! Is that LAX in the distance in the first shot?
                        Yup! Good eye!! I work in El Segundo. I was wondering if anyone would recognize the location.

Seeing these pics really makes me excited to see what the freshly painted front valence is going to do. Might be a slippery slope with a IS lip and skirts becoming a purchase in the near future. Im also itching to get the missing pieces for the side of the bumper to align it properly.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

your ass is so fatt......gahhhhh damn #groceries
                          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

My buddy finished painting my valence. I'm falling hard for this car. Ive always been jealous of those guys who have super clean E30s. I've always been a function over form person but with having to get parts painted I'm starting to understand why it's money well spent. I can't wait to install these parts, I might even get an IS lip too... We'll see...

Had to take that pic at his house. Really makes me want to lower the daily, but it's 3rd in line when it comes to car play money.

Next update should have some nice pics and an update on some performance stuff too, because that's this cars main purpose in life.perform.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Looking good! what's the "performance stuff"??

I'm keeping my eye on the event calendar for the next scca autox
                              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                              Shadetree30

Comment

picked up some new mustang Konis for the rear along with some dunlop 225/45s the goal will be to see if the ass will still slide after all that
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X